X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Control

I drive by sherrif joes tent city everyday after work. That's the way to run a jail. Tents in Phoenix summers are no joke.

Comment

I'm impressed that most people on this forum are not jumping on the "ban guns wagon".
      When emotions are running high People are quick to give up their freedoms. I agree they need to screen people before selling them assault weapons, but it still would not have stopped this tragedy.

The solution is to have better security at our schools, like we do at court houses and such.

I implore you to write a hand written letter to your local representative about your stance on this. (emails are not taken as seriously) If you can take the time to post here, you have the time to write a letter.

Comment

The solution is to have better security at our schools, like we do at court
        houses and such.
        Maybe that will help, I don't know for sure. The school where this happened
        already had a lock down procedure and controlled access.

Problem was the guy was able to reach through a window and work the panic
        bar on the door to open it and gain access.

I hate the thought of our kids getting an education behind bars more or less.

It's almost like the prisons are reversed, the good people are on the inside behind
        bars where its safe, and the crazies are running amok through the streets.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          It's almost like the prisons are reversed, the good people are on the inside behind
          bars where its safe, and the crazies are running amok through the streets.
          +1
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I don't believe anything will happen to the 2nd amendment but something has to be addressed. What? I don't know. More thorough background checks when purchasing a weapon? Not sure. Armed officers at schools? Seems likely now.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
            "I have busted more hippies' noses than all the narcs in the free world." - Ted Nugent
            Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

Comment

How about this country explore hiring un-employed veterans to use in our schools for security? With the wars winding down, I couldn't think of a better opportunity for those people.

But how did we even come to this point of having security at schools now?

When I was in school, if you got into a fight you went to the principles office and most likely got a suspension, and that was the end of it. Now some people here are not going to like my opinion, but I place blame on the progressive idea of how we should be raising our children. Heaven forbid if we give our children an old fashion a$$ kicking like we all got when we were growing up. Assault weapons have been around for a long time now, so for the media and bleeding hearts in this country to blame it on the gun...it's a down right lie!!

All of these massacre's are occuring with a certain age group, and common sense tells me that these kids were never taught how to act in life. We didn't learn our lesson from Columbine...but yet in 2012...the gun is the problem...not the person.

Ok...so we are going to ban all these weapons now, and it does absolutely nothing for the millions of assault weapons already out there. Now what...what did we just accomplish?? Everyone knows the day the government says they are coming for the existing assault weapons, we will see a modern day civil war in this country, so that's not going to happen.

Government imo takes blame for some of this as well, because of what I said earlier about them stepping in and telling "us" how we are supposed to raise our children. Big government equals big problems, and we are already starting to see the beginning signs with Obamacare.

Progressivism doesn't work....and we are seeing that first hand right now with this tragedy and impulse decisions that are about to be made.

Those of you in your 60's, ask yourself if this crap happened when you were growing up. Hell NO it didn't....so how did we aquire this problem?

Oh yea that's right...it's the assault weapon.

Catch my drift?

Comment

i'll try to find the youtube video of the lady addressing congress after her parents were killed in a restaurant in Texas where her weapon was in the car, NOT in her purse where it should have been.

if the far left and far right wing nuts can ever find a common ground there is a chance we can get America back. if not, we as a nation are screwed, blued, and tattooed.

just my $.02 before taxes
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

the 2nd amendment explained much better than i can

In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Yesterday I was in Dick's Sporting Goods to pick up some clays as they were on sale.

This is what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	660452214071d7799030f6a0ef350754.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	554.8 KB
ID:	17004

These shelves would normally be full of paint ball guns and supplies. Ones that look like a Bushmaster or AR-15 or other similar rifles. There was no sign explaining why but my guess it is a knee-jerk reaction by their management to fend off negative attacks from customers. That somehow not displaying those items will make someone feel better about Dick's while they still have a rack full of real guns for sale (and doing a brisk business to boot) and all the other accessories to me seems a little strange. Then later in the day I read where they were pulling semi-autos and sporting rifles in all their stores, and WalMart is doing the same.

In Camden, NJ they had a buy back over the weekend that netted over 1100 guns, most in operable condition. They had one last year at about the same time and only got about 100 guns.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      Yesterday I was in Dick's Sporting Goods to pick up some clays as they were on sale.

This is what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	660452214071d7799030f6a0ef350754.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	554.8 KB
ID:	17004

These shelves would normally be full of paint ball guns and supplies. Ones that look like a Bushmaster or AR-15 or other similar rifles. There was no sign explaining why but my guess it is a knee-jerk reaction by their management to fend off negative attacks from customers. That somehow not displaying those items will make someone feel better about Dick's while they still have a rack full of real guns for sale (and doing a brisk business to boot) and all the other accessories to me seems a little strange. Then later in the day I read where they were pulling semi-autos and sporting rifles in all their stores, and WalMart is doing the same.

In Camden, NJ they had a buy back over the weekend that netted over 1100 guns, most in operable condition. They had one last year at about the same time and only got about 100 guns.
                      Bob, the other day my buddy was in Dick's to pick up a gun cabinet, and he said there was almost a riot in the store he was in. He said there were at least a dozen guys who were starting to get loud, cause Dick's cancelled their gun orders, after they were paid for.

So yesterday I told my buddy to go to this one gun store to get this gun he was looking for, and he almost didn't make it. When he arrived, there was a line out the door and tactical rifles flying off the shelves. He tried to have this weapon held for him over the phone, and he was told "No" cause they had dozen's in the store buying them up. My buddy got the last model they had of that particular rifle.

It's nuts right now.

I'm trying to buy magazines and everyone is sold out or major price gouging is going on.

Comment

I was in a local shop the other day and it was the same madness. Almost couldn't get
                        in the door and all I wanted was to see what they had in the way of gun vises. Didn't
                        like what I saw which is why I decided to take a crack at building one of my own.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

26+6=1

Comment

It is "madness".... and I think that is very much part of the problem.

What and why are we like this? Why in he!! are we as a society so obsessed with weapons? Frankly I can't even begin to understand it.

I have four guns, owning two since my teen years. These are for target shooting (I've never liked the "hunt to kill" thing, but I do understand those who participate in that sport, and I have no problem whatsoever with it). What I don't understand is why anyone would rush out to stock up on anti-personnel weapons and munitions. Are we so afraid of our own government or perhaps certain factions within our community?

While being in agreement with the need to protect yourself, your family, and your home... because the police will not be there, until it is probably too late. I do wonder how many of us are thinking that we need all these weapons, munitions, and large-capacity magazines to hold off hours-long attacks by savages, until the cavary arrives? It can't something as simple as just collecting weapons and magazines, can it?

The problem, as I see it, is that we ALL jump to extremes. The Press goes overboard with thier "story", and we go overboard with ours. No one is reasonable or compromising and even if every single member here lost their child last Friday.... nothing would change.

CWS

Comment

The case for gun control Ted Nugent style

---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                                It is "madness".... and I think that is very much part of the problem.

What and why are we like this? Why in he!! are we as a society so obsessed with weapons? Frankly I can't even begin to understand it.

I have four guns, owning two since my teen years. These are for target shooting (I've never liked the "hunt to kill" thing, but I do understand those who participate in that sport, and I have no problem whatsoever with it). What I don't understand is why anyone would rush out to stock up on anti-personnel weapons and munitions. Are we so afraid of our own government or perhaps certain factions within our community?

While being in agreement with the need to protect yourself, your family, and your home... because the police will not be there, until it is probably too late. I do wonder how many of us are thinking that we need all these weapons, munitions, and large-capacity magazines to hold off hours-long attacks by savages, until the cavary arrives? It can't something as simple as just collecting weapons and magazines, can it?

The problem, as I see it, is that we ALL jump to extremes. The Press goes overboard with thier "story", and we go overboard with ours. No one is reasonable or compromising and even if every single member here lost their child last Friday.... nothing would change.

CWS
                                CWS, why look for a simple answer when the answer many involve many different reasons,? Legitimate law enforcement, hunters and folks who target practice aside, there must be all sorts of other reasons folks own and "collect" guns, and other firearms. I own a single shotgun and a few shells, not preparing for the apocaylpse. I know women who are proactive in their personal defense and don't want to be victimized. The answers are many. Just look at car ownership, not everyone who owns a car does so for transportaion. There are folks who enjoy, and collect cars, others who are looking to impress with their vehicles. Heck, I have a collection of LED flashlights, and if I had unlimited funds, God knows how many I would own. You seem to be upset and focused with the law abiding gun owner, rather than the criminal and mentally ill who come into posession of a firearm and then hurt the innocent.

Comment

Working...
                                X