Gun Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Control

The other day we placed an order through "Cheaper than dirt" for 500 rounds of .223. My father received an e-mail today stating "All firearm sales and accessories will be suspended until policy changes". wtf??

So my dad called our local firearms dealer for ammo, and the guy said " I can't get any ammunition anywhere, and I'm being told it will take 25 weeks to a year before I get some in stock".

It seems as though our government is punishing us right now. I'm really shocked at "Cheaper than dirt"...it seems to me they were threatened by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      The other day we placed an order through "Cheaper than dirt" for 500 rounds of .223. My father received an e-mail today stating "All firearm sales and accessories will be suspended until policy changes". wtf??

So my dad called our local firearms dealer for ammo, and the guy said " I can't get any ammunition anywhere, and I'm being told it will take 25 weeks to a year before I get some in stock".

It seems as though our government is punishing us right now. I'm really shocked at "Cheaper than dirt"...it seems to me they were threatened by someone.
      Guns are of little use without ammo! This is a perfect example of why people stock up on bullets. The powers that be can't take our guns away so they make ammo scarce. Mandatory jail time for posession of a "bullet", no gun, just a bullet. No 16oz. soda. Pretty soon they'll be telling you when to change underwear.

The following scene was funny at the time, now it seems plausable.
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

"Guns are of little use without ammo! This is a perfect example of why people stock up on bullets. The powers that be can't take our guns away so they make ammo scarce. Mandatory jail time for posession of a "bullet", no gun, just a bullet. No 16oz. soda. Pretty soon they'll be telling you when to change underwear."
        They already tell you when to change underwear--in case you are in an accident. Don't you remember?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          The case for gun control Ted Nugent style

100 Thank you's Bob D.
          26+6=1

Comment

I wouldn't want to be the ones coming to take My weapons.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yes I was listerning to a discussion on your second ammendment on the right to bear arms but there is nothing about your rights to bullets so lets hope your lords and masters in government puts an extra tax every bullet you buy lets say $10.00 per bullet then you can use your assult rifles like clubs and throw your hands guns like stones

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

I mentioned this to a co-worker the day of the Conn. tragedy.....You can't control the guns but you can control the ammo....very interesting.

Comment

Dad and I were at a gun store today to pick up his 1858 army revolver (sight was crooked and fixed) and we had to take a number at the gun counter, cause it was absolutely mobbed.

As I was standing there, I notice all the AR type rifles were picked clean...bare and empty shelves everywhere. Their long hand gun case was starting to get picked clean as well.

Quite a few women there ordering guns, but mostly men.

We wait a solid hour just to pick up pop's gun....it was ridiculous.

Comment

While your elected officials are figuring out how to best use the recent trajeties to their advantage some people are trying to offer a real solution that can be implemented today. In the long term maybe not the best, but it can be done now while better solutions are considered.
                    NRA

What did we as a country do after 9/11. Hell we shut down all air travel (and most other formes of mass transit) until we could get some additional security in place and then we went about setting up Homeland Security, consolidating agencies, etc, securing funding, etc. We didn't bat an eye when we enhanced security at ports, on bridges, at power plants, airports, train stations, etc We put armed Air Marshalls undercover on planes, reinforced cockpits doors, put everyone who boards a plane through monitoring, pre-flight surveilance, enhanced screenings and searches, why can't we put this much energy into protecting our children.

Isn't the safety of our children; our future; just as important to us as Americans?

You can say what you want about the NRA, but they are the only ones who have suggestion at this point that could work. We certaintly don't want to turn our schoolyards into battle zones, butsomething has to be done. And you can bet that Congress is not the place where it will get done anytime soon. Those bozos can't even figure out how to talk about solving a money problem, you really think they can do this? I'm sorry but I'm not holding my breath.

NRA Read the text of the NRA press conference from 12/21/12.

Now we have two Firefighters dead and two more wounded.

We track the purchase of all guns and i don't have a problem with that as long as its not used as a way to control or limit my right to purchase or use firearms peacefully.

But I'll ask why when it is known that a gun can not kill someone all by itself, it requires a person to aim and pull the trigger. Every time one of these incidents occurs we all say the person is sick, how coule they be allowed to get ahold of a gun, but we don't register and track this part of the killing equation, the person who pulls the trigger. These people are sick and need help. Maybe if we had a better health care for all we could recognize these people sooner and get them help. We need to figure out what causes them to react or act the way they do. What about all the violence and killing in video games and movies. Ever watch some of those drug adson tv and all the side affects they have like suicide? If you're on the edge and taking these drugs, could they push you over or cause you to want to take your life and maybe someone elze who you blame for your situation?

Just because you or I played Duke Nukem or Doom 20 years ago and haven't flipped out does not mean that it didn't twist someone else's mind, especially some of the more recent games and movies and the music that glorifies killing police.

We go after the inanimate object, the gun, because IT has no rights under the Constitution, rights are for people. And that makes it easier to enact laws that restrict their use or purchase.

I am sorry to bring this subject back up on Christmas Day but its been bugging me. Sorry for rambling.
                    Last edited by Bob D.; 12-25-2012, 07:46 PM.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      While your elected officials are figuring out how to best use the recent trajeties to their advantage some people are trying to offer a real solution that can be implemented today. In the long term maybe not the best, but it can be done now while better solutions are considered.
                      NRA

What did we as a country do after 9/11. Hell we shut down all air travel (and most other formes of mass transit) until we could get some additional security in place and then we went about setting up Homeland Security, consolidating agencies, etc, securing funding, etc. We didn't bat an eye when we enhanced security at ports, on bridges, at power plants, airports, train stations, etc We put armed Air Marshalls undercover on planes, reinforced cockpits doors, put everyone who boards a plane through monitoring, pre-flight surveilance, enhanced screenings and searches, why can't we put this much energy into protecting our children.

Isn't the safety of our children; our future; just as important to us as Americans?

You can say what you want about the NRA, but they are the only ones who have suggestion at this point that could work. We certaintly don't want to turn our schoolyards into battle zones, butsomething has to be done. And you can bet that Congress is not the place where it will get done anytime soon. Those bozos can't even figure out how to talk about solving a money problem, you really think they can do this? I'm sorry but I'm not holding my breath.

NRA Read the text of the NRA press conference from 12/21/12.

Now we have two Firefighters dead and two more wounded.

We track the purchase of all guns and i don't have a problem with that as long as its not used as a way to control or limit my right to purchase or use firearms peacefully.

But I'll ask why when it is known that a gun can not kill someone all by itself, it requires a person to aim and pull the trigger. Every time one of these incidents occurs we all say the person is sick, how coule they be allowed to get ahold of a gun, but we don't register and track this part of the killing equation, the person who pulls the trigger. These people are sick and need help. Maybe if we had a better health care for all we could recognize these people sooner and get them help. We need to figure out what causes them to react or act the way they do. What about all the violence and killing in video games and movies. Ever watch some of those drug adson tv and all the side affects they have like suicide? If you're on the edge and taking these drugs, could they push you over or cause you to want to take your life and maybe someone elze who you blame for your situation?

Just because you or I played Duke Nukem or Doom 20 years ago and haven't flipped out does not mean that it didn't twist someone else's mind, especially some of the more recent games and movies and the music that glorifies killing police.

We go after the inanimate object, the gun, because IT has no rights under the Constitution, rights are for people. And that makes it easier to enact laws that restrict their use or purchase.

I am sorry to bring this subject back up on Christmas Day but its been bugging me. Sorry for rambling.
                      Great post Bob. This murderer did not need or deserve our help, he killed his grandmother with a hammer. Why did he not pay with his life? Giving him a death sentence for taking an innocent life would have prevented this tragedy. Killers who are put to death "Can't " repeat offend, they can't come into the posession of illegal firearms. When will we learn? There should be a moment of silence whenever convicted murderer is released from prison, in honor of his or her next victim! Frank

Comment

The NRA wonts ex solders or policemen to protect schools what about firemen fighting fires and police patroling the streets even a better idea what about everyone by law has to carry a gun I am sorry for your country as your gun culture has been allowed to get out of control and your NRA and the late Charlton Heston allowed this to happen and didn`t think of the consequences of the poor inmocents being butchered

Tony

Comment

Hundreds of millions of guns are not going to disappear from the access of criminals because another law is passed! We do need every law abiding citizen to undergo psych screening, and if appropriate to be properly trained in the safe operation and posession of firearms. Why should a criminal who has already killed have more illegal guns than I as a law abiding citizen? Tony, you don't need to be sorry for the USA, you need to understand the dynamics of our reality. Our population, criminal system and proximity to mexico demands every law abiding citizen be armed, or suffer the same fate as other victims. Then again I am trying to reason with a fellow who thinks smoke detectors are not necessary.

Comment

This murderer did not need or deserve our help
                            I'm not so sure about that Frank. At some time in the past, before he went over the edge, he needed help, but the system is not set up to get it to him.
                            In cases where it does get people help, other factors cut the help off as in the case of the person who set fire to his house and laid in waiting for the fire fighters to show up then shot them, killing two and wounding two others before killing himself.

If we can't control the content of video games because they are protected by the 1st Amendment then I don't see how they can hobble the 2nd Amendment.

Under the Constitution a person has a right to keep and bear arms, so if one Constitutional right can be infringed or taken away then they ALL can, and that is part of the slippery slope that people working to keep the 2nd Amendment whole know. They know that after the 2nd is gone the others rights will be easy to take away. Many people I think don't realize that this could be the most important part of the political and legal battle to defend our 2nd Amendment rights, or take them away.

Here's the transcript of the NRA press conference from Dec. 21, 2012
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 12-26-2012, 05:01 AM.
                            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I think you have all lost the plot as a young boy I was given an air rifle and later a 22 then bought a shot gun and for wild pigs and larger animals a 303 but I never had a hand gun as they were never allowed or an asult rifle a true sportsman would never use a semi or automatic to bring down their prey and they wern`t available when you were all young these guns have only come about due to lax politians greased by the gun lobby and industry that makes them caring little about your 2nd ammendment or the citizen and more about money and at $4,000 which I consider to be a sizeable amont of money only a certain group of people could afford them.
                              And you can make up all the excusses you like Frank but until the politian you and the NRA are willing to do something then the killings will continue and pity help your children and grand children as it will be their problem a problem you should have fixed today

Tony

Comment

"I still have to get ready to see how much of the neighborhood I can burn down, and do what I like doing best, killing people."

That was written by the 62 year old killer who served 17 years for killing his grandmother with a hammer. We don't have enough mental health professionals or facilities to stop these murderers. The best thing we can do is protect ourselves and others with responsible gun ownership. Tony, you can't blame me, politicians, or the NRA for all the people who are determined to kill and come into the illegal posession of guns. We have good laws on the books that do nothing to prevent illegal gun traffic. We have similar laws to address drug trafficking, and all sorts of horrific crimes such as murder, rape and pedophillia. These laws have done little to stop those crimes. We have good immigration laws that have resulted in our 20 million give or take illegals. Laws are not going to fix this problem Tony! Mental health intervention will not stop the killings. The only chance we have is to be armed and ready to take action against a determined and armed foe. Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X