Gun Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gun Control

Now we have people like Donald Kaul calling for the death of N.R.A. members and violence.

After he said that, I'm thinking long and hard about giving my guns up, but I'll only hand them over to Mr. Kaul, I want him personally to come get them.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...ew-agenda-guns

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      Now we have people like Donald Kaul calling for the death of N.R.A. members and violence.

After he said that, I'm thinking long and hard about giving my guns up, but I'll only hand them over to Mr. Kaul, I want him personally to come get them.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...ew-agenda-guns
      Flux, his comments sound like terrorist threats from an *** clown! The air didn't change with the death of those killed, it hasn't changed with the hundreds, or thousands killed by drunk drivers or those on cell phones. I guess that doesn't bother him much? Best to ignore that moron. Flux there are all sorts of idiots posting or writing stupid comments. I won't give up my gun, and I still believe smoke detectors save lives!

Comment

Gun laws are for the most part a joke. A bandaid to make idiots feel like they are accomplishing something. The state of Maine reports six registered guns for every registered voter. How many unregistered guns do you suppose that leaves? I have several so called assault rifles, none of which are registered and all of which were bought private sale. As far as the government knows I have no guns at all.
        sigpic

Comment

Making Sense of the Statistics and Gun Violence | Independence Declaration

This guy has some very good points

Comment

Here's the video referenced above.

This is along the same lines as what I was trying to point out with my comparison of gun crime in Australia in a previous post (#46).

Here's another view on the subject

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evEg1VNfX3o
            Last edited by Bob D.; 01-03-2013, 05:20 PM.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

More sadness from other gun-wielding retards around the world - the Swiss:

(and they don't know from where the guns were gotten. duh...probably the same place our criminals got 'em)

Three women killed in Swiss village shooting - latimes.com
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Of course you may be able to get a gun very easily but that has little to do with what I was saying. Anyone who buys a weapon for a convicted felon knows that is not the correct action for a responsible person to take. So, by commiting that irresponsbile act they should be held accountable. Did you ask yourself why that mad man needed to have his neighbor purchase that weapon for him? What was it that made it hard for him to not just go on the street and buy one?

The original topic is "Gun Control". I was merely pointing out that it's very easy to acquire a weapon. That mad man needed to have his neighbor purchase a weapon because he probably is a felon and they both should be charged with felony crimes. Both of them are not very smart either.

Last edited by ChuckDee; 01-08-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckDee View Post
                  The original topic is "Gun Control". I was merely pointing out that it's very easy to acquire a weapon. That mad man needed to have his neighbor purchase a weapon because he probably is a felon and they both should be charged with felony crimes. Both of them are not very smart either.

And he proved it by killing himself. Although we can not charge him with a crime at this point we can still thank him for saving the taxpayers a good chunk of change and for not having to endure a lengthly trial plus all the followup appeals.
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

For the record, I sold all my guns and ammo a month ago to a fellow who just passed away yesterday. Don't know what became of the guns and ammo he paid cash for. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                      For the record, I sold all my guns and ammo a month ago to a fellow who just passed away yesterday. Don't know what became of the guns and ammo he paid cash for. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                      I know who he is, but I don't know his name or where he lives. Sorry I could not help more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                        I know who he is, but I don't know his name or where he lives. Sorry I could not help more.
                        PK, was it this guy,
                        ================================================== ====
                        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

PK, was it this guy,
                          I can't tell-the facial hair is making the pic fuzzy!

Comment

I just watched a video in which President Obama called for gun control reform. The President said vice president biden would be heading up the program which is aimed at curbing future gun violence such as was seen in Ct recently. I wish them luck but feel nothing can or will be done to prevent a repeat of such incidence. We can't arrest people for crimes they have not yet committed. We can't force legal gun owners to properly secure their weapons. We can't medicate or secure away from the general public those who have not been diagnosed as violent. Heck we can't even keep convicted pedophiles and murderers in jail! What can realistically be done to prevent the unexpected?
                            What good will armed guards do at schools? Will they have their weapons in hand, loaded and safety off at all times? Can they protect the children playing outside at recess or coming and going from school. what about possible incendents in other crowded places?

Let's stop fooling ourselves into thinking we can be made safe from the criminals, the mentally ill, the terrorists, by passing more laws that hamper the law abiding. Perhaps it is time to reform plea bargaining and the penal system so that convicted criminals are prevented from reoffending. There are at least several people in Ny who would still be alive if that murderer was not set free!
                            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              ............ Perhaps it is time to reform plea bargaining and the penal system so that convicted criminals are prevented from reoffending. There are at least several people in Ny who would still be alive if that murderer was not set free!
                              Amen to that! Oh wait, can I say amen or will that offend someone?
                              ================================================== ====
                              ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Amen to that! Oh wait, can I say amen or will that offend someone?
                                BD, You know if you say "amen", you also have to say "awomen"!

Comment

Working...
                                X