X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Control

Like it or not, I'm going out on a limb a little and predicting that legislation is coming forth for restructuring of the second amendment. It's coming.

Re: Gun Control

sure it'll come out...it's in the news already. but will it pass? doubt it
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      sure it'll come out...it's in the news already. but will it pass? doubt it
      I think it will this time. How they will "massage" it I don't know.

Comment

You just had a ruling in Chicago that people had the right to carry and defend themselves using guns. It was the last state to do so i believe. They were just talkkng about it on the news last week, right before the Newtown incident.
        Now this happens and Fienstein is saying she wil introduce legislation next Congress to limit magazine capacity and other restrictions. It won't change anything. There are so many guns and high capacity mags out there that no restriction on future sales will make even a dent in future crimes. No doubt she knows that and is only grabbing votes.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

We had a major gun show this weekend in our area, and it was mobbed the entire weekend. I seen lots of cars from out of state, especially from New York and Jersey.

Ammo, high capacity mags, were flying off the the tables this weekend. Not sure how the semi-auto's faired, but there were a ton of them there. I do know from one dealer that he brought 50 AK's and my buddy bought his last.

With thousands of people there, I was surprised at the amount of women present...and shocked how many we're buying for themselves.

I got the sense from seeing facial reactions and over hearing conversations, that people were generally livid at the shooter, and hearts went out to the kids.

This gun show comes 4 times a year, and the most shocking thing was, I never seen this show so packed at Christmas time and its here every December.

As far as gun control, that's not our problem....educating people and following the laws are our problem. I hate progressive ideas, and simply banning something is not the answer either.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

As far as gun control, that's not our problem....educating people and following the laws are our problem. I hate progressive ideas, and simply banning something is not the answer either.
            I AGREE 100% and I personally think we need more "Mental Illness" laws then gun control.

Also every child by the age of 12 should have fired and learned to shoot a gun,

I learned how to shoot a gun in Boy Scouts when I was around 11.

It teaches respect for the weapons Vs the Curiosity that comes later.

Since the 1980's we have cut budgets by 75% for people with mental illness.......

We need to have FREE healthcare for everyone OR ANYONE - That feels unstable at any moment,

A GUN WILL NOT kill anyone, In fact a cigarette will kill you faster......( You actually smoke those )

It's the CRAZY A$$hole holding the gun.....that kills people......not the gun,

.........Lets help the crazies with some healthcare

Just my thoughts. Don't Shoot the messenger ( You liked that pun right - LOL )
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I was at that show this Spring Flux, I was hoping to get there this past weekend, but had
              some other things to deal with and my buddy who I usually go there with was working.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                I was at that show this Spring Flux, I was hoping to get there this past weekend, but had
                some other things to deal with and my buddy who I usually go there with was working.
                Ahh..you go to the Valley Forge gun show? I have not been there in a few years, but the last time I was at it's current location, they only had half the room opened up (which is huge), and this time the entire building was opened up. I was just generally in shock yesterday with the amount of people and women.

2 encounters yesterday made me giggle...

1. This guy turns to his wife and says "Honey how many rounds of ammunition do you want 1000 or 2000?"

2. About 4 guys were walking with this girl and the 1 guy asks "How do you like your first gun show? She sighed and just rolled her eyes".

The women were just as active as the men though...going right up to the tables looking and holding guns. If I was an expert at reading facial expressions, I think people generally were ticked off that they had to spend money right before christmas on firearms, instead of presents for their kids or or whoever. Because of these recent events, panic was at an all time high yesterday as you can imagine. I was just 5 years too early, as I thought the assault weapon ban was coming in 2008.

When the gun show use to be at the Valley Forge convention center, I actually bought the best Plumbing tool every Plumber should have....and that's a 14" pair of tweezers! They are excellent for getting into garbage disposals and picking things out.

Lot's of knife dealers....some cool looking knives there.

I didn't buy anything, as I have all the "tactical" weapons I need, but I was looking at scopes, slings, and bi-pods and almost bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                  I AGREE 100% and I personally think we need more "Mental Illness" laws then gun control.

Also every child by the age of 12 should have fired and learned to shoot a gun,
                  When this happened on Friday, I didn't even turn on the news as I wasn't in the mood for the media to glorify gun control when the innocent victims were not even in the ground yet. I only wanted to know 2 things...who the victims were, and where this clown got the gun, and I got that information from reading headlines only.

From what I gathered, the mother is 100% at fault because she didn't secure her weapons, and never got her son any help, and she was in a position to do so.

I absolutely agree that we should be teaching our children and others to respect firearms and NOT to be afraid of them. As gun owners, it's our responsibility to secure those firearms so it doesn't get into the wrong or uneducated hands.

The stupidness thats being said over the last 72 hours has been unbearable!!

I have friends that are all over the political spectrum, and it was nice to see them all generally say that the media is glorifying this incident and they don't want to ban any type of guns.

As for me personally, I'm almost an NRA lifetime member, and I would be all for making sure "mentally disturbed" people never get their hands on any firearms. I know in Pennsylvania, there is a line item on the form asking if your mentally disturbed or something of that nature. Having an assault weapons ban does absolutely nothing for the millions of assault weapons that are currently in this country right now.

If we are going to ban assault weapons because we don't "need" the same guns as soldiers, then we don't need vehicles that go over the speed limit, and we don't need alcohol either, because those 2 things right there have caused more innocent lives to be lost than guns.

What happened on friday was terrible, but let's not lose focus on who the real culprit was, and that's the Mother...not the gun.

Comment

I was surprised to hear my 61-year old sister owns three pistols and out shoots her husband. I just assumed she hated guns.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      I was surprised to hear my 61-year old sister owns three pistols and out shoots her husband. I just assumed she hated guns.

Mark
                      At 118 lbs Little Beth out shoots Me with a 45 ! PS ,Don't tell any Marines !!!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not to panic anyone.....

BUT WE MUST BAN RAZOR BLADES IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

I remember as a kid before Halloween the news media had a segment about weirdos
                        placing razor blades in apples!

They stressed how important it was for parents to slice up the apples prior to eating them.

Well after the news sensationalized this action the weirdo population became aware of the
                        razor blade in the apple trick and they went nuts across the country!
                        Today not a single apple is given out at Halloween!!!!

In fact they have gone further to where in some areas they X-Ray the candy to ensure
                        manufacturers have not put razor blades in Snickers bars!

Way too many bearded people running around as some folks demand a band on razor blades!

I miss apples!

The reason for this post is I'm sad about the shooting that occurred. But I'm angry and tired of the
                        media both liberal and conservative sensationalizing the event! Yes it's a tragedy, but the news folks
                        interviewing a 3 year old with the fervor they don't show the president is outrageous!

This does give the conspiracy theory folks fodder to take advantage of another crisis to use
                        to gain more control over our society!

For god's sake when will personal responsibility, parental responsibility return? when will we
                        stop this stupid political correctness !!!!

there has been, are, and will be crazy people out there.

Can we simply mourn the death of the victims properly and then move on!

The world is burning and for the media to spend close to a week and likely more as
                        the yippee talk shows will pick it up next....is disrespectful and offensive.

Our priorities are all messed up..congress discussing steroids in sports again and other
                        beguine and non government topics......They have real and important issues to deal with but
                        to ensure their re-election avoid real work and find make work topics!

We have enough gun laws....the problem is none are enforced or enforced well.
                        If someone uses a gun in any crime they should go away for a long long time
                        not get probation or community service or even parole after a year because they behaved in prison!
                        10 years at a minimum would sound about right if they did not kill anyone.

What type of message does that send? it would discourage the border line criminal and force him
                        to use a razor blade instead!

I do not want anymore gun control laws etc. All they do is give the bad guy more
                        power over law abiding citizens.

rant over...I need an apple

Cactus Man
                        Last edited by cactusman; 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Cactus Man, I agree but don't think you went far enough. I would like to see anyone who uses a gun while committing a crime, any crime, receive a minimum 25 year sentence with zero possibility of parole. Anyone using any other type of weapon, including feet and fists, should receive a minimum 15 year sentence again with zero possibility of parole. Where the heck did this early release for good behavior crap come from anyways? If they would have behaved in the first place they wouldn't have ended up in prison to begin with!

I also think it's high time that we do a little modification to the rights of free speech and freedom of the press. Both of those have been abused to the point that they often are the epitome of bad taste. Movie ratings are an unenforced joke, the press hounds people to the point of mental stress, sensationalism rules the day and I could go on and on.

I hope we can but I doubt seriously if we as a society will ever be able to go about our daily lives again without having to constantly look over our shoulders.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Where the heck did this early release for good behavior crap come from anyways?

That's an easy one. Overcrowded prisons that are exposing inmates to inhumane conditions and the expense of keeping these people in prison where they get full health care, an education, plus other perks that the average taxpayer can't afford for themselves.

That sherrif in AZ has it right, what's his name, Joe something i can't remember right now. Feed them tuna cat food and let them wear pink and live in tents with no tv, radio, or any other extras. Get rid of the plush carpet and maid service and you can afford to house more criminals for longer.
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

"That sherrif in AZ has it right, what's his name, Joe something i can't remember right now."

Joe Arpaio
                              26+6=1

Comment

Working...
                              X