Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, who's working a full day on Christmas Eve?

I am! Again... (Except last year, was deployed to WTF-istan at the time)

I find it funny that the only way I can get a Xmas eve off from work is to be in a warzone.
    Ah well, anyone else doing the same?

Re: Alright, who's working a full day on Christmas Eve?

Emergencies, I roll.

Comment

well i did it by being unemployed... which brings me to another subject

i hate the holidays. all of them. they depress me horribly. it only makes me realize the pace of life is too fast. no one cares, except about themselves or what they get, steal, whine or complain from others.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I am out the door on double time.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

1/2 day work . At 5 PM I am Santa with the lovely Mrs. claus . Beth made the suit Years ago. So much fun.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

start off with a dr. appointment then 3 jetting jobs.

should be finished and parked at the shop by 3. ho ho ho.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I wish I was still working, those were the best days of my life! Tomorrow, I'll be prepping and cooking. Three pounds of fried calamri, three pounds of shrimp scampi, six lobsters in tomato sauce.
              May not sound like much but I'd rather be climbing telephone poles or working in a manhole in the South Bronx.

Comment

Had three guys out by seven this morning. Charging double time emergencies only. Hoping to get the guys out of here by 2pm.

Comment

I never stop!

HUH?

Well I'm retired..this means I'm on the job as soon as my feet
                  touch the deck!
                  I don't get days off!
                  I don't get vacation time!
                  I don't get sick days!
                  I even have to drink coffee on my own time!

Cactus Man

Comment

Emergencies only.

Comment

Retirement does have it's rewards, but then if I wasn't retired, today would be a party day at the office and very little more.

As it is though, we've got lots to do before our first Christmas Eve family hosting here at this house.

I've got the garage wired, lights up, grill ready and waiting for the strip steaks. The dining room table is set (14 of us this year), the shrimp is on the thaw, as is the lobster tails. Potatoes are ready for baking and the wine is on chill. Got the ice for the scotch and bourbon and my diet coke is in the frig. This afternoon will be spent with my wife making hors-derves (sp?) and I'm assigned to the last minute vacuuming and dusting (now there's a manly job).

Punky, you need to just change your mindset and find some family and friends or volunteer your time to make you feel better. A few years ago, I was feeling much like you do now. Shortly thereafter, I simply gave up the my Christmas wish list and started focusing on my grandsons and now my nephew's little boy. Children, to me, is where the main happiness of Christmas can be found, especially with family. The personal touch comes from just stuffing a couple of bucks in all those VA kettles, donating to the VFW, etc. Yesterday, I handed a "Ten" and a "Merry Christmas" to the kid who handles the grocery carts at our local supermarket. It wasn't much, but he was very happy and that made me happy. Earlier we got the mailman, a couple of store clerks that see almost weekly, etc.. It doesn't take much, in either time or money to pass on a Christmas wish.

Merry Christmas to all the members here and may you and your families have a most joyous holiday,

CWS
                      Last edited by CWSmith; 12-24-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

CWS, once again you are right with your advice to change our focus to better enjoy Christmas. We must abandon our hopes and dreams in order to have a better holiday and life. I think Chris Rock sums it up pretty well in this short video, be warned of adult language.
                        Merry Christmas to All.

Comment

all day today ...we are going to hunt after Christmas

Comment

had 8am dr. appointment.

an emergency at a condo building with no hot water.

3 jetting jobs along with 2 toilet repairs.

had the jetter back at the shop at 430. not bad working alone.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Not a chance in hell, family is and always will be more important to me than any job ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X