X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Licensing of Plumbing Trades downunder

Now this should be interesting to many downunder. Our esteemed leaders believe that there is a need to re-invent the wheel. Yes I am told today that it is a fatale-compli without exception. With six states and two territories we all have similar regulations. However we have some states leaning on the pathetic federal governement to drop the bar lower than snake poo so every hack can enter this trade and deregulate it. Now there is also the issue of employing Public Servants to get their unemployment balance sheets looking good and misleading the very people they are supposed to be serving. Then there is the Tax-man who is also complicit in this BS as well.
    So I ask, do you guys have National Licensing or are you just smart enough to have a system whereby the standards and regulations are policed and enforced. They say you cant stop morons making mistakes. God knows how much money this lunatic joke of a governement is going to waste. I know, they are creating employment but the damage they are creating is going to beyond repair.

Sorry guys for the rant but your system seems to work. Ours has been working up till now too.

Good ol tony AFM will be screaming once he reads this too

Re: National Licensing of Plumbing Trades downunder

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Now this should be interesting to many downunder. Our esteemed leaders believe that there is a need to re-invent the wheel. Yes I am told today that it is a fatale-compli without exception. With six states and two territories we all have similar regulations. However we have some states leaning on the pathetic federal governement to drop the bar lower than snake poo so every hack can enter this trade and deregulate it. Now there is also the issue of employing Public Servants to get their unemployment balance sheets looking good and misleading the very people they are supposed to be serving. Then there is the Tax-man who is also complicit in this BS as well.
    So I ask, do you guys have National Licensing or are you just smart enough to have a system whereby the standards and regulations are policed and enforced. They say you cant stop morons making mistakes. God knows how much money this lunatic joke of a governement is going to waste. I know, they are creating employment but the damage they are creating is going to beyond repair.

Sorry guys for the rant but your system seems to work. Ours has been working up till now too.

Good ol tony AFM will be screaming once he reads this too
    I honestly couldn`t give a stuff anymore when I first got plumbers licence all those years ago it was worth something and I paid 50 cents per year to the MMBW now with the compliance insurance and cost of my plumbers license over a $1000.00 it is worth nothing where you renew a sewerage pipe and if the inspector is not there within fifteen minutes it can be filled in and where only 5% are inspected our licences are worthless I would hate to see what is in the ground and under slabs and the poor home owner in the years to come having repair or renew their plumbing at their own cost as the authorities could give a stuff

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      I honestly couldn`t give a stuff anymore when I first got plumbers licence all those years ago it was worth something and I paid 50 cents per year to the MMBW now with the compliance insurance and cost of my plumbers license over a $1000.00 it is worth nothing where you renew a sewerage pipe and if the inspector is not there within fifteen minutes it can be filled in and where only 5% are inspected our licences are worthless I would hate to see what is in the ground and under slabs and the poor home owner in the years to come having repair or renew their plumbing at their own cost as the authorities could give a stuff

Tony
      tony, are you sure you're not a transplant from los angeles? i could swear that's how it's here too.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I feel sorry for Your Country, as Your Inspection culture has been allowed to get out of control !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I feel sorry for Your Country, as Your Inspection culture has been allowed to get out of control !
          AN ARMED MAN IS A CITIZEN. AN UNARMED MAN IS A SUBJECT !

Hey Tool I would rather be a live subject than a dead citizen like all those innocent citizens that have been killed in the last couple of weeks by those armed citizens God bless Australia

Tony
          Last edited by AFM; 12-26-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

As horrific as these killings are part of the untold story (because it does not fit the medias' agenda) is that probably ten times that many people were able to save their own lives or those of a loved one because they were armed and could defend themselves against criminals.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Tool, the thing we miss the most is the old inspection system. Also the Legal Fraternity(aka lowest form of life) have forced everyone to run scared. Used to be that we were proud to put our name on our work and stand by the standards we work to. Nowadays even the Inspectors dont put their name to anything. mind you most of the Inspectors that 'audit 5% of our work"(and that is when we actually put paperwork in which in turn makes us eligible for auditing) dont know sh1t from clay. Amazing how the system has to be broken up by those who know absolutely nothing about what they are doing or talking about. Our new National Licensing is going to be introduced even though several of the states told the Fedeeral Government to put it where the sun dont shine. The red-head's ego is going to destroy a system that actually works and works well simply to appease those that hate Plumbers and contribute to their re-election fund

BTW Tool, thanks for your sympathy, Australia is going to need every bit of it once these morons implement this nightmare

Comment

Thanks for Your response. The best inspectors are former tradesman. Someone said to Me many moons ago " Kevin ,the difference between You and that Eng. Is You have practical experience ! " The self serving politicians bring greed and inexperience to the table. Love My new Quote " He doesn't know Sh1t from clay " Thanks Tool
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We have national licensing I wouldn't want it any other way if I get a ticket it should be good anywhere in the country. I think it strengthens the trade. No matter where a fellow red seal" or national" plumber got his ticket we can understand each other we both had the same exam and criteria. In doing so Canada has put there tradesman on a podium that not many countries can compete with. We almost engeeners in our trade bye the time we right our interprovintial exam. The code is all based off the national code book. Yes every region has added the nesscessary clauses but we are all taught the same therefor I can go anywhere in this country and not have to recertify saving ME time and money. And shows future employers I've met fedaeral creditials for my trade. Guaranteeing me a minimum of 26$/ hr. A friend of mine just went to Alberta to do pipe fitting and started at 42$ an hour plus full benefits with his red seal in plumbing.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                    We have national licensing I wouldn't want it any other way if I get a ticket it should be good anywhere in the country. I think it strengthens the trade. No matter where a fellow red seal" or national" plumber got his ticket we can understand each other we both had the same exam and criteria. In doing so Canada has put there tradesman on a podium that not many countries can compete with. We almost engeeners in our trade bye the time we right our interprovintial exam. The code is all based off the national code book. Yes every region has added the nesscessary clauses but we are all taught the same therefor I can go anywhere in this country and not have to recertify saving ME time and money. And shows future employers I've met fedaeral creditials for my trade. Guaranteeing me a minimum of 26$/ hr. A friend of mine just went to Alberta to do pipe fitting and started at 42$ an hour plus full benefits with his red seal in plumbing.
                    Seanny, we would probably be more accepting if they were proposing to keep the high standards which we currently have in place. What they propose though is to deregulate the majority of our trade and dumb down the rest. It is all about money regardless fo the lies they peddle. We have a 16yr old who got his gasfitters license by doing a 6wk course at trade school. National Licensing will mean he can work whereever. Would you like to send me ove to your mum's place to install a couple of heaters, size a gasline or two etc.

We pride ourselves on having high standards although they are quickly being whittled away due to incompetent trade teachers who dont give a monkeys anymore. We would like to suggest that we could sit a bump test overseas wherever and pretty much think we would pass. this will definitely change. The teachers are dropping the bar to maintain pass rates instead of enforcing high standards and failing those who dont put in and study. Some suggest that this is getting with the times, BS to that.

Comment

Well cleanman for those above reasons I would completely understand why it not welcomed bye those of us that had to actually strive for excellance in our trade.

Comment

Working...
                      X