X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fiscal Cliff?

Good news!!! The house passed the bill, so our country is finally on tract to a balanced budget, deficit control, and responsible spending

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      No, I did no know those stiffs were soaking us for that much. Talk about a leak in the payroll.
      There needs to be a way to make serving in Congress something you do for the people of your state,
      not as a career so get a lifetime salary and health care plus pension for only 8 years work if you want to call it that.
      Bob, most people are missing the point on these pay raises for our Politicians, how many of them are millionaires or close to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Good news!!! The house passed the bill, so our country is finally on tract to a balanced budget, deficit control, and responsible spending
        Frank, common sense is frowned upon in this country....stop making sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          Frank, common sense is frowned upon in this country....stop making sense.
          Flux, what's killing me is that these bums are patting themselves on the back as if they did something great! All they did was avert a small disaster now for a major one down the road. They continue to keep weakening our nation by their refusal to make the necessary tough decisions.

Comment

Bob, most people are missing the point on these pay raises for our Politicians, how many of them are millionaires or close to it?
            Probably a good percentage are, doesn't mean they don't deserve some compensation for their time. But the total cost including security and other necessary support is what hurts when you see every day what you are getting for your money from either party. They are a bunch of stiffs. If they were on the job they would be on the curb by coffee break with a check in their hand. Talk about entitlements, look at the perks these bums get. When we get Washington cleaned up and some people who are in there to do their job and not set themselves up for their next million maybe we can fix the rest of this country.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Probably a good percentage are, doesn't mean they don't deserve some compensation for their time. But the total cost including security and other necessary support is what hurts when you see every day what you are getting for your money from either party. They are a bunch of stiffs. If they were on the job they would be on the curb by coffee break with a check in their hand. Talk about entitlements, look at the perks these bums get. When we get Washington cleaned up and some people who are in there to do their job and not set themselves up for their next million maybe we can fix the rest of this country.
              They were well compensated before the raises, didn't see the need for an ill advised raise, especially since they are dis functional. The biggest farce is, they are exempt from obamacare, but yet a certain party had no problems shoving it down our throats and telling us it was good for us. If it was so good, why are they and the Unions exempt?

Comment

They were well compensated before the raises, didn't see the need for an ill advised raise, especially since they are dis functional. The biggest farce is, they are exempt from obamacare, but yet a certain party had no problems shoving it down our throats and telling us it was good for us. If it was so good, why are they and the Unions exempt?
                I agree, there should be "NO", exemptions. What is the good of a law if it does not apply to everyone evenly? Imagine if our immigration laws were not enforced for eveyone? The national debt should never have gotten this high, there should alawys have been a balanced budget, that is the responsible way to run a country. Democrats and republicans share the blame, share in the overspending. What the President has been doing and is still doing is irresponsible. Individuals can't spend more than they earn, and neither can the federal gov't .
                The bill is comming due and can't be paid! Twenty billion in debt before long and that number is beyond most folk's comprehension.

Comment

Well they saved us again were all a loser

Comment

Its not just unions but others who are part of a health plan already. Why do you make this about unions I don't understand. I know your position is anti-union and that is your right, but the issues you talk about is not union only. As far as the congressional pay raise that the president voted for and congress has said they don't deserve, I agree they don't need a raise, especially when their performance is taken into account. But then big business has no trouble awarding huge raises and bonuses to executives for piss poor performance, robbing pension funds, finding ways to deny workers benefits such as by making them part time, exporting jobs, etc. And none of that has anything to do with union vice non-union jobs, as both sides have been impacted.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

Its not just unions but others who are part of a health plan already. Why do you make this about unions I don't understand. I know your position is anti-union and that is your right, but the issues you talk about is not union only. As far as the congressional pay raise that the president voted for and congress has said they don't deserve, I agree they don't need a raise, especially when their performance is taken into account. But then big business has no trouble awarding huge raises and bonuses to executives for piss poor performance, robbing pension funds, finding ways to deny workers benefits such as by making them part time, exporting jobs, etc. And none of that has anything to do with union vice non-union jobs, as both sides have been impacted.
                      It's no secret big business has their hand in our politicians pockets, and that bothers me just as much as Unions having their hand in the cookie jar as well. In 2007 Obama campaigned that special interest groups will have no place in washington if he's elected, but yet he and Richard Trumka meet on a daily basis. Billions of tax payer money went into green energy companies that are failing, and those people had ties to the President. The other day on the Huffington Post I read where the Unions will hold Obama's feet to the fire for helping him get re-elected...what does that exactly mean? You, I and everyone else should be outrage this President and past Presidents let these special interest groups play a role in our daily lives. Just because I'm a staunch Conservative, doesn't mean I agree with big business playing a role...it pisses me off. But let's call a fair game here and put the Unions on notice as well...they have no business making daily trips to the white house.

Answer this honestly Bob...whats the difference between a corporate executive getting an outrageous bonus and a Union Bosses getting outrageous bonuses?

Comment

To add onto to that, I would support the Unions efforts if they eliminated Union Bosses and used different measures to get fair wages. I think you would find more people in this country would be more supportive if they didn't use forceful and borderline illegal ways to obtain what they want. I or anyone else shouldn't have to lose their house because school taxes are not paid. Those billions of dollars would easily fund our schools and put more money in the workers pockets. The Unions have been stealing billions of dollars from it members for political agenda's and personal interest for years, and I would be outraged if I was a Union member.

If that is ever changed, you will see a Union supporter right here with me.

Comment

They aren't worth this when they're "working", let alone retired……

Salary of retired US Presidents .............$180,000 FOR LIFE

Salary of House/Senate .......................$174,000 FOR LIFE This is stupid

Salary of Speaker of the House.............$223,500 FOR LIFE! This is really stupid

Salary of Majority/Minority Leaders ....... $193,400 FOR LIFE! Ditto last line

Average Salary of a teacher ............... $40,065

Average Salary of Soldier DEPLOYED IN AFGHANISTAN ....... $38,000

Think about this.

Nancy Pelosi will retire as a Congress Person at $174,000 Dollars a year for LIFE.
                          She has retired as SPEAKER at $223,500 a year.
                          PLUS she will receive an additional $193,400 a year as Minority Leader.
                          That’s $803,700 Dollars a year for LIFE including FREE medical which is not available to US...the taxpayers?
                          She is just one of the hundreds of Senators and Congress that float in and out every year!
                          I think we found where the cuts should be made!

All this fiscal cliff stuff simply turned into political drama and reality TV.

They are worse than a student waiting for the last minute to write the report that's
                          he knew about 3 months ago and it's due the next day as he crams to write it at midnight.

Nothing was resolved as you will experience the next time you go grocery shopping.

The coach for one of the college super bowl games has a salary of 1 million dollars, gets about 120 thousand more
                          for getting the team to the bowl game, and should they win he would get an additional 50 thousand dollars.

One million one hundred seventy thousand dollars for a college coach!
                          Now figure all the sport coaches and sport teams the college supports and the associated supplies and stadiums.
                          Education?...we don't need no stinking education we need a new mascot and fresh uniforms for the big game!

That is the absolute wrong priority especially when you listen to how illiterate some of those college football
                          players sound when interviewed! some can barely speak proper English or present a complete thought.

This fiscal cliff and almost all our government problems are OUR FAULT! We allow this stuff to happen
                          We elect corrupt people, re-elect those we know are even worse than corrupt! I strongly believe any public
                          servant elected to an office should only serve as many terms as our president 2 four year terms ..then go home and get
                          a real job! I also do not condone going from the senate to the house as a career move!

Our local government officials have strict term limits so how come we allow the house and senate folks jobs forever?
                          and then they have their own society with free amazing health care and retirement that trumps social security 1000 fold!

Were/are their jobs more important than ours? When your toilet clogs..who you gonna call? A senator or a plumber?

I don't care if you're left wing nut job liberal or a tight wad right wing conservative or anything in-between!
                          We are all responsible for this entire government mess.

Greed has eliminated our industrial base. Teaching our enemies have given them an upper hand in our internal
                          destruction, sending money, arms [high tech weapons], training their armies have allowed our enemies the ability
                          to beat us!

They cry to us for aid when a disaster happens yet we always see them burning our flag on the nightly news!

I'm fed up! I say cut them all off and let them rot!! We need to rebuild and fast so when Russia and China decide to
                          attack we will have a chance.

Anyone of you watch CCTV [China news channel ] on Dish network? ch-265 or BBCA ch-135?
                          or PBS world news? It really beats CNN etc.etc.

Cactus Man

Comment

To add onto to that, I would support the Unions efforts if they eliminated Union Bosses and used different measures to get fair wages. I think you would find more people in this country would be more supportive if they didn't use forceful and borderline illegal ways to obtain what they want. I or anyone else shouldn't have to lose their house because school taxes are not paid. Those billions of dollars would easily fund our schools and put more money in the workers pockets. The Unions have been stealing billions of dollars from it members for political agenda's and personal interest for years, and I would be outraged if I was a Union member.

If that is ever changed, you will see a Union supporter right here with me.
                            Flux the whole system of politics, lobbyists and washington dirty deals that favor big business, Unions or any other special interest group has been out of hand and contributed to where we are today. Unions are far from perfect, they have their crooks just like every other big organization, no defending that fact. I know they are a necessary part of big business and labor from expereince. I am more outraged by the loss of revenue paying American based businesses and American jobs along with inflation driven by things like the cost of fuel.
                            There is so much, too ,much out of balance and needing to be done. Unfortunately we have a political system that doesn't seem to work in our favor, that doesn't seem to do what is right for the well being of our economy or county. When do the corrections start?

Comment

One million one hundred seventy thousand dollars for a college coach!
                              I don't remember which college it was, but one recently left the Big Ten I think it was paying a penalty of $50M so they could join another conference where they expect to make more off their teams. Now who is paying that $50Million? Does it come out of tuition? Is it covered by some gift from rich benefactor, or will it be paid by proceeds made from ticket and concession sales, etc. I wonder. How did colleges become more interested in their teams than their students, well its the money they get from TV (and now cable) of course.

To answers Flux's question, I agree there are plenty of leaders in the unions that are corrupt, and its not too much different than business brass. Unfortunately everyone has a right to petition any elected member of Congress or the President or VP as well as cabinet members. That's why we have a couple thousand lobbyist in Washington who have turned the whole system into a mess by bribing or blackmailing to get what they want.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

Our local government officials have strict term limits so how come we allow the
                                house and senate folks jobs forever?
                                Maybe in your neck of the woods but not here. At the county level on down you can have the same person in power for years on end.
                                ---------------
                                ---------------
                                ---------
                                ---------

Comment

Working...
                                X