Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fiscal Cliff?

When do the corrections start?
    Gotta find a way to change the rules so they are back in the peoples favor, and not the high and mighty political, financial, and business fat cats.

Here's another example of why they don't deserve a raise. Congress couldn't find the time to help with the recovery from Hurricane Sandy but they had time to consider a bill to protect rats and mice as part of the Animal Welfare Act; to pass a resolution designating April 24 as Jan Karski Day; to recognize Joe Lieberman for his contributions as Senator; among others which could have easily waited until the next session in the new year. But meanwhile, there are thousands of people in NJ, NY, and other states who are still homeless; lost their job or their place of business is gone; homes, houses, apartments destroyed or uninhabitable, yet congress does nothing.

Did anyone ever see the movie 1776 starring William Daniels (John Adams) and Howard Da Silva (Ben Franklin)? In a nutshell its about the drafting of the declaration of Independence and how long it took the Continental Congress to agree on wording, etc. It would seem we have not come far in ~230 years and Congress continues to do what they do best which is NOTHING.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
    X