X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiscal Cliff?

I'm looking around, but thought I would ask others that may know more than myself about it.

Without this becoming a liberal/conservative-blame current or past administration game....

What is the likely specific impact on the lower, middle, & higher class of Americans?

Thanks.

Re: Fiscal Cliff?

more money in taxes paid out. it will hit those with less discretionary income much harder.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I believe aside from our personal concerns, there are millions of folks who will stop getting unemployment checks. I do wonder how messed up all this failure to fix things will take the country.
      How long can we go without a balanced budget, what happens if we suffer another downgrade???

Comment

I believe what ever happens in will get much worse before it gets better. I read something about an increase would only fund the government for a week or so. The real solution is to stop spending and develop work programs. However, the Unions would probably resist any program that might compete with Union workers.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Comment

Thanks all. Still wondering the impact on:

Low Income

Middle Income

High Income

Example: Will legislation likely be passed that creates a 5% tax increase across the board?

Thanks.

Comment

Consider places like Costco work on a 1.78% profit margin. If Costco, and all of their employees are hit with a 5% tax increase, who do you think will pay for that increase? Now that you personally are paying a 5% tax increase, plus the cost of everything you buy increases, will you increase your rates to your customer?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Consider places like Costco work on a 1.78% profit margin. If Costco, and all of their employees are hit with a 5% tax increase, who do you think will pay for that increase? Now that you personally are paying a 5% tax increase, plus the cost of everything you buy increases, will you increase your rates to your customer?

Mark
                Yes, I have a lamens understanding of the economics going up and down. What I don't know is the likely percentage impact. Just thought others might.

It appears we all are in the dark as to possible outcomes and how it could affect everyone.

Comment

I don't know that I claim to know everything. However, I truly believe this is meant as a road to massive redistribution of "wealth". Those who pay no taxes will continue to see increases in benefits.

Mark

Comment

Let the damn gravy train hit the bottom of the gully, and then finally get us out of this mess. Its going to be painful yes, and dare i say very painful for those with little or no tax burden... then just maybe they will get a clue and see reality.

Comment

I find it scary though that we are at the ledge of fiscal ruin and Washington is in talks about severely curtailing the second amendment at the same time...

Comment

The "fiscal cliff": What to expect if there's no deal - CBS News
                        Last edited by Bob D.; 12-28-2012, 06:40 AM.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something or don't know any better, but if they (we) need to cut spending, why haven't they considered cutting back on the Billions and Billions sent to other Countries??? Seems to me, like dealing with my own budget, that when finances get tight, I have to cut back on my charity donations. Of all the Countries we help, how many are returning the favor?

Ron

Comment

There's an article on the HARP website about this very subject. It's titled "the fiscal cliff and you" or something to that affect.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

There's an article on the AARP website about this very subject. It's titled "the fiscal cliff and you" or something to that affect.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

Working...
                              X