X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it happened.

I got the full blown FLU!!!!! Someone recently asked about flu shots and me Mr. Hot Shot said no I don't get them I never get sick!
    It started on Monday and it's not going away. I'm on my fourth day and I feel like a gang of thugs beat the crap out of me with baseball bats. My entire body aches bad. Along with severe head ache, my head that feels like it's ready to explode and a constant snot flow. Oh and every few hours it's severe chills and then sweats.
    THIS SUCKS!

Re: Well it happened.

Ranger, Don't feel too bad about not getting the shot. We had 3 people sick during Christmas week and they all had the shot. There are so many different strains that the shots can't keep up. Hope you get better soon.

Comment

Hope you get better soon. Not much to do but the usual fluids and rest. Kid is right about the different strains, but consider getting the shot next time around.

Comment

Jeez ranger that week off at Christmas.."just guessing" and all that food must have lowered your immunitys .. cause I've always been told a working plumber doesn't get sick...

Comment

I hate putting off work. Had to reschedule a lot of jobs for next week already. So far everyone wants to wait, guess that's a good thing.

Comment

Get in line. I've been down for a week now.
            sigpic

Comment

I had the flu shot, take all sorts of vitamins and health supplements, and exercise almost every day. Now after opening this thread, my eyes are burning and I'm coughing and feeling ill! Seriously, don't know if I am getting the flu but it is difficult to stay well.

Comment

I get the flu shot religiously, and people are dropping like flies around here.

However, I've been feeling "iffy" over the last week, and it seems to have gotten a tad worse.

You can absolutely get sick even if you get the flu shot, but I've never got a full blown flu since I've been getting those shots.

Comment

ive gotten the flu shot and whooping cough shot the last couple of years, just because of phoebe. otherwise i would not have.

suppose to limit your severity if you get the flu.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Dammit man. Saw the thread title and you're the author....thought it would be about a propress fitting leaking or something.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Nah Propress fittings don't leak, we all know that!

Now on day 6 and still have it. The worst part of the flu has passed but still have drainage and a horrible cough and head ache. ARGGGHHHH!!! I'll be getting the flu shot next time.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Dammit man. Saw the thread title and you're the author....thought it would be about a propress fitting leaking or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X