X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The flu and work

Dec,the flu had me mostly laid up.On the 14 dec,a doctor had me take tamiflu,still has a very bad cough,but now taking two cough medications plus a antibiotic,worked today,yesterday,and part of friday.
    I enjoy working and always have.

Re: The flu and work

I hope you enjoy making your co-workers and possibly your customers sick with the Flu as well.

Christ, this is why I voted "yes" for a State Law requiring employers to provide seven days a year towards paid sick leave. Nationwide, how many billions of manhours are lost each year due to sickness? How much of that loss could have been avoided had the one employee been able to afford to stay home to recover? God damn.

Comment

Gunner, both of you bring up a very timely issue of either going to work sick and putting others at risk or staying home. If you had strep throat a doctor would tell you to stay home because it is a communicable disease (not sure about the flu?). Some guys like work too much to take off, some would rather go in than stay at home with the wife, some don't want to ruin thier perfect attendance record.
      The excuses are many but they do put others at risk. I never had a strong immune since I was very sick as a kid. I lost a lot of time from work because guys would come in sick and pass it to others like me! IT's a personal choice but it does impact others.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
        I hope you enjoy making your co-workers and possibly your customers sick with the Flu as well.

Christ, this is why I voted "yes" for a State Law requiring employers to provide seven days a year towards paid sick leave. Nationwide, how many billions of manhours are lost each year due to sickness? How much of that loss could have been avoided had the one employee been able to afford to stay home to recover? God damn.
        Tailgunner,the jobs I took on total number 7,were out in the street blowing manholes,in a pasture blowing manholes,or on an apartment complex blowing cleanouts.
        All were away from people with the invoices either mailed or e-mailed in.
        Also,I contaced my doctor who told me that the flu was over and the cough was just a cough only.
        This cleared me to kiss my wife,children,grandchildren and mother if I wished.
        Yet,untill the cough is gone,I still uses a mask or towel while around people as some contact cannot be avoided with others in everday living most places in the U.S.A..
        I can understand why you are concerned,aslo I am both the owner and only employee,which is why can sometimes,as of lately,I am able to pick and choose jobs to undertake or to field out.

Comment

Working...
        X