X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Believe in Evolution?

It is not my intention to prove religion(s) wrong. Only to show that while religion remains mired in dogma, science marches on.

Oh and Frankie, the article you linked too is not current. The existence of the Higgs Boson has been confirmed.
    Last edited by NHMaster3015; 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

NHM, I'll post a current link for those who are interested. I wonder if this discovery and anything that comes from the collider will someday be laughed at as nothing more than our attempts at alchemy?
      http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/05/sc...anted=all&_r=0

Comment

I rather suspect that you will see technological advancements coming so fast that most of us will not be able to keep up with them. The implications for the proof of the existance of the Higgs Boson will most likely lead to things like anti-gravity, cold fusion and limitless cheap energy all of which will transform civilization and nations economies. Want some fun? Look into carbon nano fibers and carbon nano batteries/capacitors. Talk about game changing.
        sigpic

Comment

Pope John Paul and many Bishops believe(d) in evolution.

Comment

And so...............?
            sigpic

Comment

So supermanofsteel your trying to tell me santa claus and reindeers carn`t fly now thats below the belt

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                And so...............?
                So, even religious leaders seem to be out of step with the creation theory and Genesis.

Comment

Of course the irony is that for centuries only religious leaders and kings were even allowed to be educated.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    So supermanofsteel your trying to tell me santa claus and reindeers carn`t fly now thats below the belt

Tony
                    Dang it I hope there are no children on this forum because if they see that then I guess I'm going to hell.

Comment

• Re: Do You Believe in Evolution?

I noticed this morning when I woke up that my feet and toes looked longer and somewhat narrower than I remembered them. Then I looked outside and discovered freezing rain. So my puzzle was explained.

Guess the DNA must have heard the Les Schwab Tire radio infomercial talking about how tall, narrow tires perform better in snow and ice than wide tires.

I can't wait 'til spring so my shoes will fit better again.

Comment

“If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again.” - Penn Jillette

Comment

One of my pet peeves is all those televangelists telling people things like; Send in $1000 as your vow of faith and God will bless you with money beyond your dreams, and your cancer will be healed......
                          Then some sorry bastard thinks the reason they were not healed (after sending in their life savings) is because they didn't pray hard enough.

I wish there was a hell for people like that to roast

Comment

I believe there are many things to do in life.

Comment

Working...
                            X