Re: Do You Believe in Evolution?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Everything evolved from the single organism and later on split
    Well I'm glad we cleared that up!

Comment

Everything evolved from the single organism and later on split
      And you know that because,,,,,,, you were there?
      That's awfully arrogant to stipulate something so outrageous as truth, and that which in turn says the God of the bible don't exist. Come on, big bang, really, wow, blows my mind people fall for that.
      So you look around up and down to your left to your right, and think that comes from a single organism.
      The only explanation that makes any sense, is that we can't even fathom, understand, comprehend the power it takes to create the heavens and the earth.
      I suggest you take it down a notch and give the God of the bible a sincere chance. That's what I did.
      Smile

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
        And you know that because,,,,,,, you were there?
        That's awfully arrogant to stipulate something so outrageous as truth, and that which in turn says the God of the bible don't exist. Come on, big bang, really, wow, blows my mind people fall for that.
        So you look around up and down to your left to your right, and think that comes from a single organism.
        The only explanation that makes any sense, is that we can't even fathom, understand, comprehend the power it takes to create the heavens and the earth.
        I suggest you take it down a notch and give the God of the bible a sincere chance. That's what I did.
        Smile
        I think I understand it well enough to explain it to you so you will understand it
        We share the same dna as other living things, plants, animals, bacteria, everything, and that means we must have evolved from the same single cell way back when.
        Look at it in this way if something has some of the same or identical components as something else there is no other rational explanation but that they came from the same parts bin.
        Wait a minute, just because they have some of the same parts, does that mean one had to be the product of another? I mean, if there are assorted parts laying around, and in one place they are used to assemble a car and in another place they are used to assemble a airplane, would you be correct that the airplane evolved from the car? I'm sorry, I guess I'm not convinced that having similar dna, or components means the process of evolution is responsible for the variety of results.
        I was so close to accepting evolution but I just had to keep thinking!! Hey, ignore me, I can't suggest a better explanation and it seems that evolution is fact according to very smart people.

Comment

And there are very smart people who believe in creationism.
          Smile
          Thanks for trying but I respectfully disagree with the theory of evolution.

Comment

Plungerman,

There certainly isn't anything wrong with believing. I think that given even a very firm belief in "evolution" (the scientific "facts" are there and well documented); but it still only goes so far. While science can trace elements of biological evolution, it still goes back to the basic building blocks of life... and who created those, and the conditions that led to life and evolution? The "God factor" is, IMHO, always going to be there; even if some like to think we're from some alien science project. (Like who created them, if that were the case!)

The only problem/question that I see with "creationism" is the opinion that "GOD" created a man and woman figure that looks like modern man and woman, and that heaven and earth were created in seven days... those days being exactly as we, today, want to think of them. Science goes beyond the present or even ancient social concepts of religion; and, as we know, social concepts have changed over time, and from one society to another, and even from one geographical location to another. "Right-thinking" and thus "religious belief" differs in both time and place.

Franki,

Regarding your analogy of car and airplane... one could easily draw the connection through mechanical engineering. Strength of materials, mechanical assembly, internal combustion engine, etc. etc. etc. Engineering and innovation is probably the most "evolutionary" elements of invention. Once in a while there may be a "leap", but for the most part I think we can see that we build and create from what has previously been created. In other words, for the most part, we build off of what others have done before us.

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 01-20-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

So do these smart "creationists" believe in the bible version where all animals fit on Noah's ark, including the > 2000 species of cockroaches?

Comment

Right about here s where the "discussion" turns into a blood bath
                sigpic

Comment

Right about here s where the "discussion" turns into a blood bath
                  Not from where I'm sitting. Thanks to some of the posts here I've searched for more information and learned things I did not know. I appreciate most of the responses. My only objection is how some folks believe so strongly in what they have been taught that they feel the need to insult others who may have been taught the same or more, but reached a different conclusion for whatever reasons. I'm sure we can disagree and still remain respectful because that is the kind of forum we have. Frank

Comment

Different conclusions are fine, but these conclusions should be open to scrutiny.

No "bloodbath" intended. lol

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
                      So do these smart "creationists" believe in the bible version where all animals fit on Noah's ark, including the > 2000 species of cockroaches?
                      I heard a great explanation on this at church. That made sense,was believable, etc, But forgot,, sorry. Google it,,,,, wait just remembered where it's at, I'll be right back. Drum roll,,,,,,,,, YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                        I heard a great explanation on this at church. That made sense,was believable, etc, But forgot,, sorry. Google it,,,,, wait just remembered where it's at, I'll be right back. Drum roll,,,,,,,,, YouTube
                        I could not open that link, so I looked it up on YouTube and here it is . I have faith in God, but don't follow the Bible, this does not mean I won't listen to the argument. Is the story of the ark true? I don't know, I find it hard to believe and at the same time I have my doubts about the evolution of species to other species which means I'm not making any friends here at all.

Comment

Interesting video. Cool how you inbeded the video like that. BTW, While you are on youtube, you might want to look up the "epic of gilgamesh" and you will see where the great flood was plagerized.

Comment

Now I'm thinking how folks who believe in either evolution or creation would react if intelligent life was found on other planets?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Now I'm thinking how folks who believe in either evolution or creation would react if intelligent life was found on other planets?
                              Obviously they would both shout victory.

After several years of debating evolution, I stopped in 1988. I must say though - this is one of the more civil discussions I've seen. It is appreciated that people can be offended but not be offensive.

Comment

Cw Smith, thanks for that, smile
                                We are not supposed to understand everything.
                                What makes it easy for me to believe in God. Other than some amazing happenings in my life,,,,, That only something out of this world amazing etc, could create the heavens and the earth.
                                It's either God or big bang, and I don't accept big bang, I think that's nuts. People don't want a God they have to answer to. So they bend their ears to what they want to hear and there eyes to what they want to see. This what I believe. Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X