X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "people in california are strange "

Saw a friend Yesterday, He's in His 8os, and still works as a Carpenter. He and family had a farm in Arknasaw . His Dad also had a large Concrete Co. In the beginning of WW 2 ,They moved the whole family to Ca. , to do Concrete runways for the Govt. They moved into a new home. He was with His Mom and the realtor, when He had to Pee real bad. His mother saw Him fidgeting , and asked the Realtor where the toilet was. She directed him down a long hallway with many doors. He looked in each one ,and finally peed His Britches ! Mom felt terrible ,and showed Her Son what an indoor toilet was, and how they worked! He had only seen , and used outhouses back on the farm!
    That night Dad said "Folks in California are strange,They Crap in their houses and eat outside ! "
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: "people in california are strange "

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Saw a friend Yesterday, He's in His 8os, and still works as a Carpenter. He and family had a farm in Arknasaw . His Dad also had a large Concrete Co. In the beginning of WW 2 ,They moved the whole family to Ca. , to do Concrete runways for the Govt. They moved into a new home. He was with His Mom and the realtor, when He had to Pee real bad. His mother saw Him fidgeting , and asked the Realtor where the toilet was. She directed him down a long hallway with many doors. He looked in each one ,and finally peed His Britches ! Mom felt terrible ,and showed Her Son what an indoor toilet was, and how they worked! He had only seen , and used outhouses back on the farm!
    That night Dad said "Folks in California are strange,They Crap in their houses and eat outside ! "
    Can't remember where I heard this but supposedly back in the day when indoor bathrooms were coming into popularity some folks thought it was nasty to crap in the same house where you cook and sleep. I can see their point, change is not easy for everyone.

Comment

Re: "people in california are strange "

I have a cabin, with out house in the Sierras . It faces a stream, and I always leave the door open to enjoy the view. One day I was talking with My Neighbor, and He has the same open door policy. One day He heard a woof. and looked up to see about a 400 Lb. black Bear looking at Him several feet away! Art said He just ambled off. He said" I guess I didn't smell very good to eat that Morn."
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
      X