X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does legal or illegal matter?

When the school shooting in Ct happened recently the media was quick to report that the weapon was legally registered to the shooter's mother. There was a second grade boy who brought a handgun into a NYC school a week or so ago and it was reported that one of his older brothers may have given him the gun. there has been no update of wheter or not it was a legally registerd gun or wheter or not an adult was being charged in the case. I think it matters wheter the gun and ownership was proper or illegal.
    I was just watching a program called "The Five" on Fox news channel in which the matter of immigration was mentioned in the Presiden't inaugural speech. The liberal on the panel said what's wrong with immigration? In my mind there is nothing wrong with immigration, or immigration reform, but to omit the word "illegal" does the discussion and injustice. We like other nations are a nation of laws and respecting our laws should matter.
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM.

Re: Does legal or illegal matter?

Does legal or illegal matter?

No. Criminals will be criminals, and law abiders will be punished for it.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Yes, i think it matters. The laws should be obeyed and those that are not right or not what the people want should be revised or removed from the books.

However, the media has their own agenda so they sometimes 'forget' to include or choose to delete certain words that bend the story in the direction they want it to go. Selectively reporting on news or reporting only the facts that support the reporters' or editors' viewpoint is not honest journalism.

It would be good if the ownership status of guns used in crimes was reported consistantly. When the fact that the gun was stolen is left out then people will think; "another gun owner gone crazy" when that might not be the case.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

"Legal" matters! However, I think that we live in a time when there is no real dividing line. The legal process has gotten to a point where the guilty (illegal) appears to have more rights than those who are legal. Immigration is no different and probably the most pronounced of "illegal" being just about the same as those who played by all the rules and are here legitimately. It seems that in too many incidents, that those who got here "legally" are supporters of those who were brought here otherwise. All this crying and public support for "illegal" families, for "immigration reform", for "rights" to illegals, etc. is really warped in my opinion. If you belong here, came here legally, have abided by the rules, worked honestly, paid your taxes, done no crimes.... wonderful! If NOT, you really need to be arrested and your situation (and those that brought you here) needs to be investigated.

Note that I said "investigated", as I'm not for sending anyone back to a possible "death". I'm also of the impression that there's a lot of jobs that aren't going to be done unless we have some kind of worker program for aliens. So the problem is somewhat complex. It is also one which has been "kicked down the road" too many times, by both parties.

Guns! Legal or Illegal... I'm not sure that we can define the difference given the state of mind that I see. We've gone way over the top when it comes to justifying "guns" and the backlash of that is that we're attempting to go beyond reason to contain the issue.... so I don't think I want to venture into that, as it's a fight that can't be made (and is useless to make) given the illogic mindset of those on either side of the argument. Let me just say that I don't think any normal individual needs every weapon possible and as much firepower as imaginable or affordable. If people feel they need to have such weaponry to overthrow a properly Constituted government, elected by the majority of thier fellow citizens, then that is a problem that can only be settled by "immigration" to another country.

CWS

Comment

I have said since we seem unable to eliminate illegal guns and prosecute and keep jailed violent criminals the next best thing is to arm law abiding citizens. I would much rather not have the need for more legal guns to be out there where they can get in the wrong hands at the wrong time. On the issue of immigration reform, I have several reasons for wanting fair resolution to the problem of illegal immigrants.
          I won't go into all of my reasons but among them is the fact that both political parties looked the other way for too many years. the time to fix the problem is way past due and must be done in a reasonable and practical manner. We can't and won't depot millions of people who are living and working here for years.

Comment

Working...
          X