X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The President's Priorities

CWS, I had no idea you were speaking solely of yourself when you said there's no such thing as free. Your neighbor and millions more are prime examples of free for them and paid for by the rest of us. The free housing, food, healthcare, smart phones and more provided to those who are truly not in need but just cashing in on the offereings will break our economy in my opinion. Speaking for myself thirty something years ago when I tried to avoid my duty to pay taxes, I remember clearly the lowlifes who did not work, were younger and stronger than me and laughed as I froze my butt off. I don't see any honor in being made a fool of, either by our government that is wasteful or the bums taking advantage. Duty, honor and responsibility must be extended beyond the few, and from what I've observed it is not. I would feel much better about paying my fair share if control was extended and exercised to those who are not on board with your conduct and behavior.

Comment

Seems like some folks thing these things are something new. Abuses of the system have been going on for generations.
      sigpic

Comment

...They have child after child that we support...
        If I was President for a day and could change only one thing, this might be one of those at the top of my list for consideration.
        After yourself and your spouse you get to deduct two dependants...period. After that they are all on you...100% Not saying you
        can't have more than two and not saying there is anything wrong with more than two, but you only get to deduct two on your taxes.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 02-06-2013, 08:44 PM.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          If I was President for a day and could change only one thing, this might be one of those at the top of my list for consideration.
          After yourself and your spouse you get to deduct two dependants...period. After that they are all on you...100% Not saying you
          can't have more than two and not saying there is anything wrong with more than two, but you only get to deduct two on your taxes.
          Interesting idea. I have a question, tho. Now that the Supreme Court has said that corporations are people, do the get to deduct only the costs of two employees?

Comment

Working...
          X