Tyrannical executive orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tyrannical executive orders

NHM, the economy may "seem" to be moving that way but in my uneducated opinion it only seems that way. Considering the millions who need to be employed, the trade deficit (American dollars that never come back) and all the rest I keep harping on, I doubt those grandchildren will live to see those changes. Don't pay any attention to me I'm cluless compared to those who really know what's what.

Comment

Frankie, Your rhetoric is getting so old that I could almost write it for you. Are you ever going to offer a solution or just continue to harp?

Comment

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

now where are my hip waders.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          Frankie, Your rhetoric is getting so old that I could almost write it for you. Are you ever going to offer a solution or just continue to harp?
          Kid, just because you're sick of my harping doesn't mean I'm wrong. Most folks including our legislators don't have the stomach for my solutions. You must have read some of my solutions, but here they are once more. Rduce gov't spending including entitlements, repeal the healthcare bill ( we can't afford healthcare for all, some people need to die, sorry), balance the budget, secure the borders, no more plea bargaining for the guilty and no more parole for convicted murderers, get the cost of a gallon of gasoline down to $2 anyway necessary, it can and must be done. repeal some of the EPA mandates to encourage industry, heavy tarrifs on imports and tax penalties for businesses that do not employ Americans but seel their products here, no more lobbyists, full disclosure on all politicians icome including their charities, no more pork spending, mandatory jail sentences for fraud, mandatory deportation for illegal criminals convicted of nonviolent crimes, .
          Hey, I'm getting tired, CWS and NHM help me out you guys read my posts, what else needs to be done and don't mention any of that progressive junk. Kid, you need to pay closer attention to my harping, there's some good stuff in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

now where are my hip waders.....
            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Franki,

I too was around with old Tricky Dick. Lousey personality kind of guy, as was Johnson, and I absolutely thought that his (Nixon) wage and price freeze was absurd. It certainly stuck me and the company, and it didn't do a thing for keeping the prices of groceries low or even the local movie theator or the restaurants that my wife and I would visit. But it certainly gave Corporate America the opportunity to NOT give raises and to demand no increases from their subcontractors! Once again, a bit of Republic manipulation on behave of the rich and powerful. BUT... I certainly didn't see in rush of business to China or anywhere else. Maybe it was "below the horizon". I do know that all of the industries that I did work for (IBM, Singer-Link, U.S. Textile, GAF, Kodak, Ingersoll-Rand, GE, Westinghouse, Ward LaFrance, Ford, Hardinge, Hilliard, Corning Glass, Endicott-Johnson, and a handful of others were all doing a pretty strong business across NY's Southern Tier. The only problem company was A&P, whose food processing plant was under siege by a German company who wanted to buy it as a way to bypass "technology export laws" (they exceeded).

All of these companies were major employers and though many had divisions and subsideries around the world, very few if any had interests in China. Of course, one of Nixon's great successes was his visit to China and the beginning of better diplomatic relations.

I never mentioned Carter, so I don't know if you were somehow connecting him to me. Seemed a nice enough fellow, but quite nieve' (sp?) as to the ways of the world and especially to the overwhelming size of the government of the previous administration.

Actually my friend, in my working world the downward trend started of this country started with the idiocy of Vietnam and the stupidity of policies at the end of WWII and accerated by Korea. But the "economic" downfall came with Reagan, and I can track almost every detriment to the industrial/economic/job losses to him and the following administrations. All of Reagan's policies weren't bad, but the bad ones had almost immediate and everlasting effects.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Such a classic movie Frank!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  Such a classic movie Frank!
                  Agreed! I like when she had to reinflate the autopilot

Comment

Kid, just because you're sick of my harping doesn't mean I'm wrong. Most folks including our legislators don't have the stomach for my solutions. You must have read some of my solutions, but here they are once more. Rduce gov't spending including entitlements, repeal the healthcare bill ( we can't afford healthcare for all, some people need to die, sorry), balance the budget, secure the borders, no more plea bargaining for the guilty and no more parole for convicted murderers, get the cost of a gallon of gasoline down to $2 anyway necessary, it can and must be done. repeal some of the EPA mandates to encourage industry, heavy tarrifs on imports and tax penalties for businesses that do not employ Americans but seel their products here, no more lobbyists, full disclosure on all politicians icome including their charities, no more pork spending, mandatory jail sentences for fraud, mandatory deportation for illegal criminals convicted of nonviolent crimes, .
                    Hey, I'm getting tired, CWS and NHM help me out you guys read my posts, what else needs to be done and don't mention any of that progressive junk. Kid, you need to pay closer attention to my harping, there's some good stuff in there.
                    With those solutions, you are right--the country will disappear so no more problems. Everyone will either be dead or in jail!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                      With those solutions, you are right--the country will disappear so no more problems. Everyone will either be dead or in jail!!
                      Kid you really think we need to keep so many old sick people alive at a cost we can't afford? Meet me half way, we provide healthcare up to age fifty, after that you swim or sink. "Everyone" else would be in jail? Guess it's asking too much to not bride politicians, honestly report income, respect our borders and not commit murder? Call me a dreamer.
                      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Oh, now I get it--the Republicans want to stop abortions so you want to bump 'em off at 50 to balance it out.

Comment

I forgot about birth control, mandatory birth control and abortions unless a person can prove financial responsibility and mental health to raise a child. I think giving birth and raising a child is more important than gun ownership!
                          The best I can do on healthcare and limits on living would be a cutoff at age 35 for women and 70 for men

Comment

I forgot about birth control, mandatory birth control and abortions unless a person can prove financial responsibility and mental health to raise a child. I think giving birth and raising a child is more important than gun ownership!
                            The best I can do on healthcare and limits on living would be a cutoff at age 35 for women and 70 for men
                            Not to pick on you but your post is typical of the "conservative" response to issues in that it may sound good but it would never stand up to constitutional scrutiny any more than the Jim Crow laws did.

Lets take a look at the things the so called conservatives favor. They like the idea of drilling for oil off coast, onshore or for that matter, wherever the oil may be and yet when you bring up anything too do with atlernitave sources they go out of their way to dismiss such efforts as a waste of time or too costly. Why is that? Well, you need to look at where their money comes from and who is behind the conservative movement. That would be big business and believe me, Exxon Mobile has no intention of loosing billions of dollars if they can avoid it. In other words, what they can't control or what they cant profit from must not be in the best interest of the country. That is one of many many examples. You need to look behind the rhetoric to see the truth. Guys like Hannity and Limbaugh made their millions and get paid by big business which is why they so stridently defend regressive policies. Conservatives have never done one single thing or passed one single piece of legislation that benefited the working man or the average citizen. Have you noticed the villification of unions lately? We start every conversation with the words "union thugs" why have unions suddenly become the target for big business? You don't suppose its because workers rights and decent salaries and benefits take away from HUGE salaries and benefits for the management do you? Worse of all though is that these crooks have managed to sucker in a whole mess of average Joe's into believing that their party will save them from the evil goverment all the while they are sticking the knife further and further into your backs.

Questions to ask or better yet, research

Why do conservatives dismiss global warming?
                            Why do conservatives believe that illegal aliens are destroying our economy?
                            Why do conservatives dismiss any and all forms of alternitave energy?
                            Why do conservatives favor right to work laws?
                            Why do conservatives favor repealing national health care
                            Why do conservatives want to overturn Roe V Wade?
                            Why do conservatives not want governmental oversight of the banking industry?

Thats enough for now but when you try to answer these questions keep one thing in mind. Who benefits the most?
                            Last edited by NHMaster3015; 01-29-2013, 07:44 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              Not to pick on you but your post is typical of the "conservative" response to issues in that it may sound good but it would never stand up to constitutional scrutiny any more than the Jim Crow laws did.

Lets take a look at the things the so called conservatives favor. They like the idea of drilling for oil off coast, onshore or for that matter, wherever the oil may be and yet when you bring up anything too do with atlernitave sources they go out of their way to dismiss such efforts as a waste of time or too costly. Why is that? Well, you need to look at where their money comes from and who is behind the conservative movement. That would be big business and believe me, Exxon Mobile has no intention of loosing billions of dollars if they can avoid it. In other words, what they can't control or what they cant profit from must not be in the best interest of the country. That is one of many many examples. You need to look behind the rhetoric to see the truth. Guys like Hannity and Limbaugh made their millions and get paid by big business which is why they so stridently defend regressive policies. Conservatives have never done one single thing or passed one single piece of legislation that benefited the working man or the average citizen. Have you noticed the villification of unions lately? We start every conversation with the words "union thugs" why have unions suddenly become the target for big business? You don't suppose its because workers rights and decent salaries and benefits take away from HUGE salaries and benefits for the management do you? Worse of all though is that these crooks have managed to sucker in a whole mess of average Joe's into believing that their party will save them from the evil goverment all the while they are sticking the knife further and further into your backs.

Questions to ask or better yet, research

Why do conservatives dismiss global warming?
                              Why do conservatives believe that illegal aliens are destroying our economy?
                              Why do conservatives dismiss any and all forms of alternitave energy?
                              Why do conservatives favor right to work laws?
                              Why do conservatives favor repealing national health care
                              Why do conservatives want to overturn Roe V Wade?
                              Why do conservatives not want governmental oversight of the banking industry?

Thats enough for now but when you try to answer these questions keep one thing in mind. Who benefits the most?
                              I can only speak for myself, conservatives are on their own.
                              I'm not sure how much of global warming can be attributed to man, but I'm positive mankind has crapped up the planet and polluted and killed more than his share.
                              I'm all for alternative energy, but on this forum was told it is not cost efficient. Right now the country needs under $2 a gallon gasoline or we risk a further weakening of the consumer and higher unemployment.
                              I'm a Union guy so figure out my stance on right to work.
                              Yes, repeal national healthcare, we can't afford it and unfortunately people must die, a cruel reality.
                              Roe V wade? I already called for mandatory birth control and abortions for people who get pregnant and can't afford to raise the child on their own. Same for people who are mentally ill. Why treat a child's life with less respect than a gun? Mentally ill folks need to stop having children, sorry!
                              Lastly, oversight is fine as long as penalties call for mandatory jail sentences for crooks.
                              NHM, do I really sound like a conservative? I don't think I fall under either conservative or liberal labels. I think for myself. In my mind the debt, lack of balanced budget, high unemployment, high gasoline prices, inflation and entitlements, cannot be sustained. I don't need any talk show host to fill my head, it just makes common sense that the money is not there.

Comment

Having just read a couple of book on this subject. I'm more pessimistic than Frank. However, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.
                                The Servant Economy: Where America's Elite is Sending the Middle Class: Jeff Faux: 9780470182390: Amazon.com: Books
                                Who Stole the American Dream?: Hedrick Smith: 9781400069668: Amazon.com: Books

Comment

Working...
                                X