Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tyrannical executive orders

John,

You didn't tell me what guns were taken away or what "press" was "controlled".

You then replied with, "BTW the line "well regulated militia" means self regulated. Okay, now how did you come up with that interpretation of "well regulated"... what gives you or the person(s) you got that from the idea that "well regulated" is the same as "self regulated". For example, our military is "well regulated". Our traffic system is "well regulated" And, our air transportation system is "well regulated". Even my Amateur Radio hobby is "well regulated". But by comparison to the latter, there is "CB radio" which is "self-regulated"... AND IT IS TOTAL CHAOS! I can only imagine what all the other "well regulated" by the government would be if they became "self regulated".

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

John relax, we are getting closer to the brink, they won't have time to take your guns before chaos breaks out. Unemployment is up, gasoline prices on the rise, the economy is tanking...Stock up on food and bullets a collapse is coming.

Comment

Chicken Little speaks
        sigpic

Comment

See there CWS, I found the humor and so did NHM. Will there be a total collapse and need for food and bullet hoarding? I doubt it, just as I doubt law abiding citizens will lose their guns. You have to admit some of these reports are not encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            All I can say Frankie is that because of my teaching job I tour a lot of manufacturing plants and I see a lot of optimism out there. You would be amazed at some of the things we are producing and what is on the horizon.
            Please expound upon this further.

Comment

I know not if any of you are watching Anderson Cooper on CNN tonight, but he has, or had (Depending on the time) a very good public forum going on about the state of owning firearms. I believe the discussion title is "Guns under fire" I believe.

Comment

10 miles from me, the Westinghouse corporation is manufacturing the AP1000 reactor. It is the most advanced and safe reactor in the world. Westinghouse has enough orders to keep them busy until 2025

4 miles from me is the Albany corporation. They make carbon fiber products. Some of the things they make are highly classified.

The Portsmouth Navel ship yard is a few miles away. They repair and refit some of the most technologically advanced sub marines in the world

6 miles from me is the Turbo Cam factory. They produce high speed turbines

15 miles from me is the Sig Saur plant and you all know what they make

Manufacturing is not what is used to be. Gone are the huge brick mill houses that dominated the city skylines and the river banks but tucked away in industrial parks all over the country are businesses that are quietly changing the face of manufacturing in this country.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
                  Are you kidding me! Taking arms away is contrary to the constitution.
                  The National defense authorization act is contrary to the constitution and basic habius corpus.
                  The types of executive orders and particularly controlling the press is unconstitutional.

I am apaulled at the lackadaisical attitude of many, while out liberties are being pissed away.
                  Controlling the press? Do you really believe that politicians control the press? IF so you have it 180 degrees bass ackwards. Its the press that control the politicians and its big business that controls the press. Let me explain.

Many years ago most every town or city had its own newspaper and for the most part those papers catered to the local news. Things like church suppers and how the local basketball team faired of Friday night. Sure, they threw in news that came in over the AP wire and most even had a letters to the editor feature. They stayed afloat financially due to subscriptions and local advertising. Then a guy named William Randolph Hurst got the brilliant idea to begin buying up newspapers and consolidating them into a newspaper that would encompass a much larger area and readership. This enterprise requires a whole lot of money to keep running. The consolidation of the small newspapers into a few large ones requires huge amounts of overhead and in order to pay that overhead the newspapers need to make way more money than subscriptions and ads from the local drug store are able to provide so they hire ad account sales reps. These guys go out in search of more and bigger advertising dollars and it doesn't take them long to find it. Unfortunately that money comes from very big corporations and those very big corporations don't take kindly to newspapers that run editorials condemming their business practices. Newspapers are interested in revenue first and fair and balanced second. If it had been left to just the newspapers things would probably balance out but this guy Hurst and now Murdoch not only bought up the newspapers, they bought up the cable television and to some extent the radio. Their wole purpose in life is to make profit and they can make that profit from the left and the right. The politicians are bought or at the very least at the mercy of the news which is beholding to the folks that pay the bill. Get the picture now? Follow the money. Always follow the money.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    10 miles from me, the Westinghouse corporation is manufacturing the AP1000 reactor. It is the most advanced and safe reactor in the world. Westinghouse has enough orders to keep them busy until 2025

4 miles from me is the Albany corporation. They make carbon fiber products. Some of the things they make are highly classified.

The Portsmouth Navel ship yard is a few miles away. They repair and refit some of the most technologically advanced sub marines in the world

6 miles from me is the Turbo Cam factory. They produce high speed turbines

15 miles from me is the Sig Saur plant and you all know what they make

Manufacturing is not what is used to be. Gone are the huge brick mill houses that dominated the city skylines and the river banks but tucked away in industrial parks all over the country are businesses that are quietly changing the face of manufacturing in this country.
                    NHM, those businesses you refer to are so quiet that unemployment is still rising, the economy is still shrinking and communist china is still getting rich off our American consumer dollars.

Comment

Communist China has huge economic problems. They are the least of our worries. Our economy is growing at about 2% and unemployment has improved also
                      sigpic

Comment

I disagree and further more unemployment will continue to rise as the healthcare law leads to more folks losing jobs. I don't care about comminsit china's economic or environmental problems, I do care that so much of our consumer wealth goes there never to return. I suppose you think the rising cost of gasoline is also a nonissue? Well, it's important to the folks who can't pay it and still have any money left over for a life. I'm not referring to myself, but I know there are more and more of those people out there. They are losing jobs and losing hope. Inflation is taking a toll on real American lives.

Comment

"the healthcare law leads to more folks losing jobs." What PROOF do you have to substantiate that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                            "the healthcare law leads to more folks losing jobs." What PROOF do you have to substantiate that statement?
                            I'm not sure how true that statement is. However, I could see a company with 54 employees deciding to trim 5 employees rather than supply health care. In addition, an up and coming business will have to decide what it will cost to hire that 50th employee. There are a lot of employers out there trying to figure out how this will change things. Who knows, the new norm may be individuals with multiple part time jobs.

Mark
                            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM.
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

.Obamacare Causes Layoffs, Job Losses in Medical Device Industry
                              ObamacareJanuary 4, 2012
                              By: Hans BaderSubscribe1 Email.Government newsletter
                              E-mail *
                              +Show do not change Contact Email Contact Email2 Contact Url Subscribe to Blog Remember my Info . .Related topics
                              •Obamacare•health care reform•Healthcare Reform•medical devices•Taxes•Unemployment.AdvertisementA Bloomberg News commentary described the layoffs and lost jobs resulting from Obamacare’s new tax on medical devices:

“A year from now, the federal government will start collecting a new tax on medical devices from tongue depressors to imaging machines, thanks to the sweeping health-care overhaul that Democrats enacted in the spring of 2010. People in the industry say it’s already having an effect.

In November, citing the new tax, Stryker Corp. (SYK), whose products include artificial hips and knees, announced that it would let go about 1,000 of its workers. Earlier last year, Covidien Plc (COV), maker of surgical instruments, said it would lay off 200 workers in the U.S. and move production to Costa Rica and Mexico. It, too, cited the tax.

Other companies in the field have announced similar measures — or plans to expand production overseas but not in the U.S. — without mentioning the tax. The sluggish economy is clearly part of the explanation, but the medical-devices industry had been a relative bright spot within U.S. manufacturing, losing only 1.1 percent of its employees during 2007-2008 while manufacturing as a whole lost 4.8 percent. A study done for AdvaMed, a trade association for the industry, claims the tax could ultimately cost more than 45,000 jobs.

Medical-device companies employ more than 400,000 Americans. Their wages are higher than the national average. The U.S. is a net exporter of medical devices.

The tax will change these numbers for the worse. It will be levied at 2.3 percent of sales; on average, profits make up less than 4 percent of sales in the industry. The AdvaMed study concludes, “The new 2.3 percent excise tax will roughly double their total tax bill and raise the average effective corporate income tax rate to one of the highest effective tax rates faced by any industry in the world.” . . .Richard S. Foster, the Medicare chief actuary, has estimated that if the tax is passed on to consumers it will raise national-health costs by $18.2 billion in 2018.

Earlier, a restaurant chain's CEO, Andrew Puzder, discussed how the 2010 health care law is preventing jobs from being created in the restaurant industry, and resulting in layoffs in other industries. Fox News’ John Stossel reported on how Obamacare is stopping businesses from hiring, and interviewed affected business owners.

The Bloomberg News commentary noted that Obamacare’s medical-device tax will harm medical “innovation,” noting industry predictions that it will lead to “reduced research and development.” Its conclusion is consistent with the opinions of the Dean of Harvard Medical School and Cato health policy analyst Michael Cannon, who likewise say that Obamacare will harm life-saving medical innovation. Obamacare taxes not just medical devices but also cosmetic surgery, and raises taxes on investors starting in 2013. Obamacare also breaks many campaign promises. Obamacare’s tax increases reflect an overall hostility to business that worries even liberal businessmen: Democratic businessman Steve Wynn called Obama “the greatest wet blanket to business and progress and job creation in my lifetime.”

Kid, the layoffs have already started and they will increase. My healtchare cost is up $1400.00 this year with copays doubled and cost of meds trippled. I believe with more people unemployed and more people like myself spending less because of rising healthcar costs, taxes and inflation, the countries economic problems will get far worse much faster. We could not afford this healthcare law, plain and simple.

Comment

Mark, I agree that could be possible, but I don't think we should be stating as fact that it will happen. IF it happens, then it is time to fix it. It is just like the OP on this thread jumping to conclusions brought about by a bunch of rumors and outright falsehoods.

Comment

Working...
                                X