X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your tax dollars at waste

So millions in taxpayer dollars were spent o help develop new battery technologies.
    Now bankrupt battery company A123 has been bought by a company from china with CFIUS approval.

Feds approve A123 purchase by Chinese firm - Business - The Boston Globe
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Your tax dollars at waste

Bob, if you read my last post on the above thread you will see my comments on Altair Nano Technologies. I would bet that communist china takes the technology for nano batteries and starts producing. I lost a lot of money investing in Alti and I'm sure the same happened to the A123 investors. Once again communist china takes the lead and we lose!

Just as I thought, in 2009 this stock traded at $26 a share, now $.02. Great investment
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-30-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

The part of that story that talks about keeping jobs in the USA is interesting. If a foreign owned company, especially one from China, can buy a US company and keep those jobs here why can't US companies find ways to do the same instead of shipping jobs offshore? Of course there is nothing stopping that Chinese company from closing down the US factory in 6 months and moving all those jobs "back home". It does make good press though.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The jobs are not the loss, its the technology. They will keep the jobs here, and it will not hurt them when the newly created US corporation they are willing to sacrifice fails. And it will fail to the competition from china, most likely another company owned or backed by their government. They will take the technology gained from purchasing A123 and use it against them and watchnthem fail, and no one can say they took one job overseas.

We tend to think too small here, they are looking at a bigger prize than a couple hundred jobs....market domination.

When we start playing without one hand tied behind our back we will have a chance.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X