Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
A Federal ID Card Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: A Federal ID Card

    CWS wrote: Nations fall from within, and it is within this nation that the fearmongers appear to have a very great audience. We are a nation of great problems, and one of those is fear and mistrust of the very government that guards our freedoms and benefits our living.

    Funny, I see it just the opposite. It's We The People whom the government fears. Why else are they buying all the ammo? Aliens? (Space not Illegal). We already know they're not going to do anything about that little illegal issue.

    As for mistrust, you only have to look at the enforcement arm of the government, the IRS.
    Have you ever been one or more of those inquisitions? They flat out don't trust us.

    Just saying.........

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: A Federal ID Card

      Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
      To quote a great president; " We have nothing to fear except fear itself".
      Franklin D Roosevelt at his first inaugural speech. "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself!" Speaking of the depression and the prospect of turning the U.S. economy around.


      Actually Francis Bacon said it about 400 years ago in his essay on Tribute. He was talking about fortune and change of fortune and how a man with fortitude will not be shaken. Whereas a person who is fearful will suffer much by these changes. He referred to fear as the inner enemy and said "Nothing is to be feared but fear itself. Nothing grievous but to yield to grief" FDR probably learned this in grammar school

      Kid, chicken little would like to know how Franklin D. Roosevelt would have felt in our present situation? Trillions of debt, no manufacturing to pull us out, huge entitlements and massive illegal population also getting benefits. I think FDR would have said we have plenty to fear and it is real! Fear can be very destructive if it is unjustified, but it can also serve as a survival instinct. I think we need to fear the things I mentioned and give them the proper attention and fixing they need. Pride, and education do not trump no jobs and a failing economy. I don't see fear as a problem, I see it as a response to real dangers ahead and we'd better wake the heck up and start paying attention. We need balanced budgets, jobs, cuts in spending, and in the absence of alternative fuels and flying carpets we sure as heck need affordable gasoline!
      Fear will not destroy us, but ignoring the causes will.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: A Federal ID Card

        Frankie, the only way you are going to know how FDR would feel in our present situation is to croak and ask him. If you do that, you don't have to worry about cheap gasoline and all the rest.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: A Federal ID Card

          Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          Frankie, the only way you are going to know how FDR would feel in our present situation is to croak and ask him. If you do that, you don't have to worry about cheap gasoline and all the rest.
          Kid, you assume he would have said there is nothing to fear but fear itself, and you know what assuming can do I'm surprised you saved that croak and ask comment for me and not all the folks who questioned what our founding fathers thought when they wrote about the right to bear arms. I should be honored, thanksYou say cheap gasoline, I call it affordable. To the millions of folks who are finding it difficult to pay up at the pump and barely get by, it is not cheap even at $2 a gallon.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: A Federal ID Card

            Frankie, this is a hard concept to grasp but the reality is that the debt means pretty much nothing. The numbers are being used for political leverage but in truth, those numbers are so large as to have virtually no meaning. Like it or not, our economic base is changing as it is in most of the world. We will never go back. All the gloom and doom is a waste of time and energy. Rather than constantly look backwards to the good old days, we should be looking forward to the future and what we can do to secure our place in the world. We will never again lead the world in the production of textiles, shoes, electronics and many other of those things. Andrew Carnagie made his fortune in the shipping industry. He was one of the richest men in the world and at one time controlled virtually 90% of the shipping industry and then.....he sold it all and bought into the railroads. He was a man of vision and it is the ability to think ahead and to plan for the future that will grow this nation. Pissing and moaning over the price of oil is a waste of time. Its a hundred year old plus technology. We have taken the internal combustion engine about as far as we can. Heating homes with oil, gas and wood is 100 year old technology also and just plain stupid in this day and age. The only reason we cling to this nonsense is because there are companies making huge profits and they control things too a point.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: A Federal ID Card

              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Frankie, this is a hard concept to grasp but the reality is that the debt means pretty much nothing. The numbers are being used for political leverage but in truth, those numbers are so large as to have virtually no meaning. Like it or not, our economic base is changing as it is in most of the world. We will never go back. All the gloom and doom is a waste of time and energy. Rather than constantly look backwards to the good old days, we should be looking forward to the future and what we can do to secure our place in the world. We will never again lead the world in the production of textiles, shoes, electronics and many other of those things. Andrew Carnagie made his fortune in the shipping industry. He was one of the richest men in the world and at one time controlled virtually 90% of the shipping industry and then.....he sold it all and bought into the railroads. He was a man of vision and it is the ability to think ahead and to plan for the future that will grow this nation. Pissing and moaning over the price of oil is a waste of time. Its a hundred year old plus technology. We have taken the internal combustion engine about as far as we can. Heating homes with oil, gas and wood is 100 year old technology also and just plain stupid in this day and age. The only reason we cling to this nonsense is because there are companies making huge profits and they control things too a point.
              Agreed NHM, now let's take the "we" out of your post and replace it with our government and big business. What are they doing or planing to improve our economy , employ tens of millions and take our country into it's proper place? All I see is communist china stealing, buyng and producing not only what we currently consume but products for the future. Can we agree that there must be substance to realize dreams?
              NHM, does the debt still mean nothing if the folks shoring up our economy with their money decide to stop lending? Is that another impossibility?

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: A Federal ID Card

                The value of a dollar is only based on faith in the government issuing it. It is not backed by anything else of worth.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: A Federal ID Card

                  Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Kid, you assume he would have said there is nothing to fear but fear itself, and you know what assuming can do I'm surprised you saved that croak and ask comment for me and not all the folks who questioned what our founding fathers thought when they wrote about the right to bear arms. I should be honored, thanksYou say cheap gasoline, I call it affordable. To the millions of folks who are finding it difficult to pay up at the pump and barely get by, it is not cheap even at $2 a gallon.
                  Frankie, I think you better re-read my post. When did I assume anything? I just said you would have to ask him. Affordable/cheap--I guess that depends on your view point and economic status.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: A Federal ID Card

                    Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                    To quote a great president; " We have nothing to fear except fear itself".
                    Kid, I figured you used this quote because it fit the situation and that FDR's words were appropriate. It makes sense that if the quote fit the situation, the author would think the same. I don't agree that FDR would think what was happening in our country was not concerning, so I felt the quote out of place. Yes, I do assume quotes by famous people need to be appropriate, why else would you use the quote?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: A Federal ID Card

                      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Kid, I figured you used this quote because it fit the situation and that FDR's words were appropriate. It makes sense that if the quote fit the situation, the author would think the same. I don't agree that FDR would think what was happening in our country was not concerning, so I felt the quote out of place. Yes, I do assume quotes by famous people need to be appropriate, why else would you use the quote?
                      Now you are the one assuming. I quoted FDR because he said it and I was using his words. I never said, or even hinted, that he would think what is going on today is concerning or not concerning. I have no idea what he would think if he were alive today. I just used his words and gave him credit. By the way, I do feel the quote fits the situation.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: A Federal ID Card

                        Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                        Now you are the one assuming. I quoted FDR because he said it and I was using his words. I never said, or even hinted, that he would think what is going on today is concerning or not concerning. I have no idea what he would think if he were alive today. I just used his words and gave him credit. By the way, I do feel the quote fits the situation.
                        Care to offer any proof

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: A Federal ID Card

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Care to offer any proof
                          Sure, re-read this thread from beginning to end and you have it!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: A Federal ID Card

                            Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                            CWS wrote: Nations fall from within, and it is within this nation that the fearmongers appear to have a very great audience. We are a nation of great problems, and one of those is fear and mistrust of the very government that guards our freedoms and benefits our living.

                            Funny, I see it just the opposite. It's We The People whom the government fears. Why else are they buying all the ammo? Aliens? (Space not Illegal). We already know they're not going to do anything about that little illegal issue.

                            As for mistrust, you only have to look at the enforcement arm of the government, the IRS.
                            Have you ever been one or more of those inquisitions? They flat out don't trust us.

                            Just saying.........

                            Just saying? But perhaps not admitting (to the fact that many people cheat on thier taxes)... it is a regular objective of far too many people to cheat on their taxes. Maybe you just don't see that?

                            Two-thirds of corporations don't pay taxes, many rich people don't pay taxes, many celebrites don't pay taxes, many investors have been found to Off-shore their accounts, and of course there are people who go to great extents NOT to pay thier taxes. So, YOU blame the IRS?

                            Hey, I know a lot of people over my years who "cheated" on the taxes and I know a lot of people who got caught by the IRS. By comparison, I know far many more tax cheats than I do common criminals... oh wait, I don't know any common criminals come to think of it... just tax cheats!

                            CWS
                            Last edited by CWSmith; 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X