• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Time Martial Law?

Worth a listen.

Re: Peace Time Martial Law?

Worth a listen?

NOT REALLY!

This is just one more case of the "imagine channel" making it's own News for whatever purposes it sees fit to devide the country and scare the hell out of people. They're have become very much like the National Inquirer with their fantasisms. Maybe they are backed by "Communist China" or some middle-eastern terrorist group... the purpose seems to be to hasten our own destruction from with-in.

There are so many laws against the use of military intervention in civilian matters... well, I guess we believe what are fears want us to believe. But I prefer to get my "scarey stories" from watching the SciFi channel, and the "imaginaries" on Disney are far more entertaining and certainly more peaceful in their purpose.

CWS

Comment

I don't think they are backed by anyone other than other idiots
      sigpic

Comment

My DIL posts lots of their junk on Facebook--HP has more bull***t than the stockyards!

Comment

I should have researched further, guess this doesn't strengthen the point?
          Senate slams human rights with NDAA 2013 troop deployment on US soil - National Human Rights | Examiner.com

Comment

You are right, Frankie, it doesn't strengthen the point. Using the Examiner to back up Huffington Post is like using the National Enquirer to back up the Hollywood rumor mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              You are right, Frankie, it doesn't strengthen the point. Using the Examiner to back up Huffington Post is like using the National Enquirer to back up the Hollywood rumor mill.
              You got that right. The National Enquirer accused John Edwards of fathering a "love child" while his wife was dying. Almost ruined his career.

Comment

The Examiner and Huffington Post...America's most-upstanding media reporters
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

The problem here is a very simple one: you want to believe something, then there are almost any number of places to go to find some "evidence" to back up your belief. Whether you are a Fox News or MSNBC fan, makes little difference. From my experience, Fox is far more guilty of twisting thier analysis and presenting the extreme right view of things, So of those accusations and "stretches" of truth are beyond any sense of logic.

But that said, I often get a good laugh at the extents that one might find on NSNBC too. I don't always agree with some of the stories there either, though I do find them a lot closer to the truth, but I'm sure that many will not see it that way. Most humoruos (to many anyway) is "Ed's" little polls, each and every night in which he asks some question and the audience gets to dial-in their vote. More often that not, the results are in the range of 97% to 3% in favor of liberal side of the question. Like come on Ed, how many conservatives are really watching your program... obviously it's pretty close to 3%, night after night. Bottom line is that such little surveys really are meaningless and the results of the same question on the Fox network would be quite opposite.

The News and the story, pretty much depends on who and what channel you are listening too. One needs to look at various sources to sort things out and from that occasional sampling one might arrive at a conclusion that one network is consistantly closer to telling the true story than another. But, you can't take that as "gosphel" forever, and one needs to be tuned into several sources when a story just doesn't sound right; and sounding right doesn't mean you keep looking until you find the story that agrees with your point of view or feeds you fears and conspiracy needs.

I've mentioned before the couple of acquaintances that I have, who are constantly distributing stuff.... 99% of the time I can prove it's false... and when I can't prove it, that only means that I can't find it mentioned anywhere else outside of their particular source. What does that say about people's need to feed thier suspicians? It's like going to a strip joint and coming away with the conclusion that all women like to expose themselves to multitudes of men! I guess if one does that regularly, then you know damn well that it must be true and no one can tell you different.

CWS

Comment

Let's see what happens the next time there's a major protest involving a federal facility. I'm pretty sure the government is preparing to wipe out millions of you folks. Well, they're not gonna get me, I don't have any registered firearms. I'm going underground

Comment

How many soldiers and policemen do you think would actually be able to shoot innocent people? Do you really believe that soldiers would turn their weapons on friends and family in support of some dictator? We are too well armed. Not with guns but with knowledge
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        How many soldiers and policemen do you think would actually be able to shoot innocent people? Do you really believe that soldiers would turn their weapons on friends and family in support of some dictator? We are too well armed. Not with guns but with knowledge
                        NHM, there is a divide (police and fire exempt from right to work laws) and it will continue to grow. The police and soldiers have a job to do and they must do as ordered. I have been on strike many times over the years and the cops made it clear that they would not hesitate to use whatever force was necessary to maintain order. Now if you get in a cops face or make the mistake of pushing one, you would be lucky to get cracked with a nightstick and arrested. What do you think would happen if a crowd of citizens displayed firearms or shot off a few rounds? I am positive the police and national guard and soldiers would use lethal force if so ordered. No doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Let's see what happens the next time there's a major protest involving a federal facility. I'm pretty sure the government is preparing to wipe out millions of you folks. Well, they're not gonna get me, I don't have any registered firearms. I'm going underground
                          You just made the drone list buddy

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            Good point, but I'm not so sure. We can't forget the little incident at Kent State in which the NG opened fire on a student protest. The fault, I suppose was that they should not have been given ammunition, but things do happen... SADLY.

Given a major protest situation in which the National Guard could be called out (remember, they are under the control of the governors) what could happen should a shot be sounded from the protesters? Even just today (or maybe it was yesterday, the story still isn't clear), the police fired at a similar-looking vehicle to the one the alleged "rampaging" ex-LA cop was driving. In such situations, everyone involved gets pretty edgy; and then things go from there.

That is much of the alarm that I see with all of these anti-government folks talking about their need to have automatic, high-capacity weapons and then making brash statements and threats as to what they will do IF anyone tries to take them away. All that has to happen is for a few of foolish people to show up with weapons in hand and one round go off accidently.... We have too many jerks pushing everybody's buttons for the sake of their own popularity.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              You just made the drone list buddy
                              I've been married thirty years. Where can I sign up for the list

Comment

Working...
                              X