X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Two

I've been clearing a steady snowfall most of the day, but I'm in for the night as strong winds are coming overnight. Prepared for power outage. I would advise anyone in the affected areas to stay in until the morning and stay safe. Frank

Re: Round Two

glad to hear your doing OK and hope you keep power, and the forcast is not that accurate,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I've been clearing a steady snowfall most of the day, but I'm in for the night as strong winds are coming overnight. Prepared for power outage. I would advise anyone in the affected areas to stay in until the morning and stay safe. Frank
      Do you have enough food, warmth, and sharpened sticks in your bunker?
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

"Oh the weather outside is frightfull" (start of good ol' song)

I'm glad I don't live down state or in one of the "center areas" of this storm. Up here in the Binghamton area is doesn't look so bad, at least at this point in time.

The weather forecasters started telling us yesterday that some of the snow would arrive in the wee hours of this morning... then it was 10:00 AM... then Noon, then 2:00. Well at about 3:15 we started getting snowed on, but it was quite cold here and the snow was this very fine stuff. After an hour and a half it barely overed the sidewalk. At around 6:00 we might have a half-inch, though it has been snowing continuelly since 3:15.

Right now (7:37) you can see it's a bit heavier downfall, but because the snow flakes are so small, we still have at least a half-mile visibility; and the coverage is so small that the sidewalks and grass are still defined down here in the city. City trucks are going nuts though... and at 4:00, even with the roads still bare, though wet, the salt trucks were scattering their loads.

I'll probably go and shovel the walks before I go to bed tonight, but unless the storm reverses for us I don't expect any great amount of accumulation between now and tomorrow. Weather folks are already showing this moving north-east and away from our area. I sure would like to be in the Boston area though!

Good luck to all you folks in the center of this thing... And Franki, don't go over doing it, taker er' easy,

CWS

Comment

My back is killing me!!! Plenty of food, but I had to pick this week to start a diet! Plenty of alcohol and drugs but I had to pick this week

Comment

I ran out of places to throw the snow so I just sent it over my neighbors fence... he's an *** anyway, always seems to be mad at me about something. Seriously, I don't know what his problem is... lol just kidding.

It is starting to pile up though. If this keeps up I may actually have to send it over the fence as I am running out of places to put it.

Comment

If we have 2" it's a lot. Not much wind.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Not a flake here (abt ~40 miles south of Philly) and not expecting any tomorrow either. Just rain, but not so much its a concern.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

A friend of mine sent a pic of her great dane up to his knees in the snow in rhode island
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    My back is killing me!!! Plenty of food, but I had to pick this week to start a diet! Plenty of alcohol and drugs but I had to pick this week
                    Franki, you are not alone, I share your pain. It is 10:50 PM. Had a service call from 4 PM to 6 PM today for a lady who's service underground burnt up, and have been shoveling ever since. I could keep shoveling, especially that great wall at the end of my driveway...again... but then, I'm 34 with a back injury, not 14 with blood contaminating my antifreeze. I'm going to bed. I'll suffer in the morning, but at least I'll have the energy to compensate then.

Comment

One more thing, the masslive weather report is hilarious right now:
                      Springfield, MA Weather Forecast, Radar & News

"Partly cloudy with Flurries" for 11 PM.

Maybe if this was Buffalo, NY, this would be considered a flurry.

Comment

Going to start a re-pipe on a 92 unit hotel on Monday, so tomorrow morning I'm going to put on an old pair of shorts and tennis shoes and shine up my truck.

Picked up a pork shoulder and 4 racks of ribs to put on the smoker as well.

Ahhhh. It's like spring time here in Scottsdale.

Be safe.......

Comment

Yes its 30 degrees C here and climbing lovely weather for the beach I don`t know why anyone would want to live in snow areas

Tony

Comment

There's about 3' of snow in my driveway now. Drifts as high as 5
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                              Going to start a re-pipe on a 92 unit hotel on Monday, so tomorrow morning I'm going to put on an old pair of shorts and tennis shoes and shine up my truck.

Picked up a pork shoulder and 4 racks of ribs to put on the smoker as well.

Ahhhh. It's like spring time here in Scottsdale.

Be safe.......
                              Reminder to self, show no mercy to ArizonaPlumber in August when he complains about how hot it is.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X