X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy snow days east coasters

My last winter on cape Cod ,I experienced the 78 blizzard. Over the years I had 4 different snow plows. Jeep 1st for driveways, Dump , and last 1 ton 4x4 with big tires N Myers angling Plow. 4 of Us are subcontract to the state of Mass.
    doing the off ramps,78 rt 151 cape cod. Big plows gave up. About Mid Nite . We're in trouble plowing snow on the main hi way with our plows raised all the way. Can't see ,and We are opening up abandoned cars with our blades ! It's serious drifts N can't see buried cars. That nite My friend is running a huge Cat loader. Sees green rubber maid trash can tumbling in his bucket for a 1/4 mile! What the heck are trash cans doing out on 151 ? Stops and in the lights
    Sees a new lime green VW Bettle, looking like a stomped soda can ! We all felt bad each time this happened, but You just can't see abandoned cars in the banks with big banks N driving snow. Our cabin at 7000 ft in the Sierras sees Huge snow! Beth N I opened the door in the morn to see a wall of snow! Snowed 7 ft that Nite !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Happy snow days east coasters

Five foot drifts in my driveway
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Five foot drifts in my driveway
      I'm Guessin You have an air tite wood stove , an Maybe a Lab. curled up next to it!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I remember that storm in Feb 78, I got stuck 50 miles from home on a job I was working. Stayed overnight with a work buddy who had a trailer near the jobsite. Came out the next morning to find my 75 F-100 pickup buried in a drift up over the roof of the truck. We didn't get out of that campground until the next day around Noon. Then it took my about 6 hours to drive home about 45 miles. Didn't go back in to work for 5 days. No power at the house and the whole southern end of the state was buried in snow.

That truck was the ugliest baby sh!t green, like that used on fire trucks and highway vehicles. I don't know if it was a state DOT vehicle before I had it or not, I got it used when it was 2 years old in 1977. If you didn't see that thing coming down the road at you then you were blind.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Sees green rubber maid trash can tumbling in his bucket for a 1/4 mile! What the heck are trash cans doing out on 151 ? Stops and in the lights
          Sees a new lime green VW Bettle, looking like a stomped soda can ! We all felt bad each time this happened, but You just can't see abandoned cars in the banks with big banks N driving snow.

This made me LOL. Fortunately there was no one inside...
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
          X