X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive LSA story

On 11, 19, 2012 I purchased a Ridgid battery powered tool.

I also requested a second receipt at the time of purchase for the
    warranty registration process....no problem!

I registered the item in my dashboard.

I sent in all the CORRECT paperwork certified/registered/signature required!!!!

Ridgid signed for it 11, 29, 2012.

I allowed time for them to update my dashboard.

Last week [2nd week of February] I checked my dashboard and the tool
    was still not updated.

I sent customer service a POLITE E-mail indicating when they received my LSA
    registration documents and who signed for it...I requested they please review my
    dashboard and update it.

I received an automatic E-mail reply basically indicating they have my request
    and stand-by....

Yesterday 02, 20, 2013 I received an E-mail verification the tool is now covered
    by the LSA program.

I do agree the registration process does need to come up to speed and enter the
    21st century. I suspect the number of folks processing the warranty documentation
    could be counted on one hand [and missing a finger or two].

So the bottom line is:

1. It's your responsibility to properly register your tool and in the time allocated.

2. It's strongly recommended you have your documentation mailed
    registered/certified/ signature required.

3. The time for the change over from a 3 year warranty to the LSA
    program should not take longer than say 90 days +/-

4. Should it take longer then it's your responsibility to contact Ridgid Tools.

5. The customer service person you speak to or E-mail is not at fault for the
    delays..so don't yell at them!! Be nice and calmly explain what you desire.

This is not really difficult! The bottom line too is you have a 30 day, a 90 day, a 3 year warranty,
    and some tools have the LSA offering. If the tool fails within the first 30 days you can return it.

Registering the tool in your dashboard you move from a 90day to a 3 year warranty ...so
    even if it takes 3 months for the LSA program to kick in there is little need to panic!

Finally the LSA program is not a lifetime warranty!!!! Many of us have to stress this fact
    over and over again!!!!

Cactus Man
    Last edited by cactusman; 02-21-2013, 11:17 AM.

Re: Positive LSA story

Great post Cactus Man! You should save this to a file so you can use it, and you will have too, over and over again to respond to the whiny one post wonders who just don't get it.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well documented. As everyone knows I'm no great fan of the LSA plan. It's a shame that there is no metric for the good versus the bad. We tend to hear of the complaints but very few of the 'no problems' or 'good customer support' stories. I found this on the Ridgid site in reference to the LSA:

Lifetime Service Agreement

The original purchaser of an eligible product may elect to register for a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase for processing approval as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, on all eligible RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement. Once all conditions of the registration process are fulfilled, the tool’s service coverage lasts the lifetime of the original purchaser. The Lifetime Service Agreement status on a tool is not transferable to persons other than the original purchaser. Note: The RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement is only available for eligible RIDGID tools purchased at THE HOME DEPOT.

Conditions of the RIDGID® Brand Lifetime Service Agreement

To accept the RIDGID® Brand Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your qualifying RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase. Register by logging on to RIDGID Professional Tools Plumbing Pipe Pressing Locating Hand Woodworking Power Diagnostic Tools, click on “Product Registration,” and choose the appropriate product category. Log into your personal account, if you do not have one, create an account. Then click ‘Register New Product’. Include all qualifying RIDGID brand product information: complete model and serial numbers for each serialized piece of equipment, including batteries and chargers. If you don’t have access to the internet, enclose a letter with the following information: First name, last name, e-mail, date of birth, phone number, address, city, state, zip code, model number from package, and the model/serial number of all qualifying serialized tool(s), battery(s), and charger(s) if applicable. Then mail the online confirmation print out or the hand written letter with your original receipt (making a photo-copy of your receipt to keep for your records is recommended) and the original UPC from the qualifying products package to: RIDGID® Hand Held and Stationary Power Tool Technical Service, PO Box 1427, Anderson, SC 29622 for processing and approval.

All registrations must be made under the name of an individual person. Within approximately 6-8 weeks after completion of the registration process and approval, you will receive confirmation via email or US mail that will include your Customer ID number and verification that the tool has been upgraded to Lifetime Service Agreement status. Keep track of this number as you will need it in order to obtain service for your product under the Lifetime Service Agreement. Note: Handwritten registrations may take longer.

What is Covered? (applies to the 3-Year Limited Warranty, the Lifetime Service Agreement, and the Recon Limited Warranty)

The 3 Year Limited Warranty, The Recon Limited Warranty and the Lifetime Service Agreement covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools. This includes normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries in your qualifying RIDGID® Brand hand held and stationary power tools. These programs also cover replacement rings, driver blades and bumpers on RIDGID® Brand pneumatic tools. This service coverage does not apply to other ineligible RIDGID® Brand products.

What is not Covered (applies to the 3-Year Limited Warranty, the Lifetime Service Agreement, and the Recon Limited Warranty).

The 3 Year Limited Warranty, The Recon Limited Warranty and the Lifetime Service Agreement are only applicable to the original purchaser and may not be transferred. These programs only cover wear and tear or failure of the tool arising under normal usage and proper maintenance. They do not cover any malfunction, failure or defect resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, modification or repair by anyone other than an authorized service center for RIDGID® brand hand held, pneumatic and stationary power tools. Any damage or malfunction inflicted upon the tool by the user or other external sources, or any failure to comply with the warnings and instructions in the operator’s manual is not covered.

Consumable accessories provided with the tool such as, but not limited to, saw blades, planer blades and knives, insert bits, drill bits, grinding wheels and discs, cut off wheels, sand paper, safety glasses and fasteners are not covered. Any free or promotional serialized piece of equipment provided beyond the contents of the purchased tool kit is not eligible for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

Please tell me how, with the way this is worded, it is not a lifetime warranty? Granted, there are limitations for abuse and things like that but, 'the tool’s service coverage lasts the lifetime of the original purchase' is pretty definitive (to me at least).

Also, it only applies to tools purchased at Home Depot.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
        Please tell me how, with the way this is worded, it is not a lifetime warranty? Granted, there are limitations for abuse and things like that but, 'the tool’s service coverage lasts the lifetime of the original purchase' is pretty definitive (to me at least).

Also, it only applies to tools purchased at Home Depot.
        It's not a warranty because you have to physically register the product into the Program. A warranty is a given and the only requirement to qualify for it is that one actually purchase the product. There is no further necessary action required by the purchaser for the warranty to be effective. The LLSA on the other hand does require further action by the purchaser in order for it to become effective.

Comment

I can see where that would apply. (Now, I'm not being argumentative) Is that stated someplace in the Ridgid terms that defines 'warranty' vs 'lifetime service agreement'? The reason I ask is that some dictionaries define warranty as (free dictionary . com) :

A guarantee given to the purchaser by a company stating that a product is reliable and free from known defects and that the seller will, without charge, repair or replace defective parts within a given time limit and under certain conditions.
          It could be argued that the LLSA is a warranty because the 'certain conditions' are that you must register the product purchased at Home Depot within X period of time.
          ~~

Comment

It could also be argued that the LLSA is not a warranty because under the LLSA, parts that are not defective will be replaced for free when they wear out from normal usage. That is not the case where warranties are concerned.

Comment

I agree with that statement. I was just curious of the definitions behind the LLSA.
              ~~

Comment

Working...
              X