X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New real estate scam!!!!

So, from personal experience, when I reached rock bottom and used the services of the Food Bank I became a fraudulent 'moocher'? Gimme a damn break. I'm quite happy to donate to the needy 'moochers' every year when I hunt. A give back for when I needed help.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

What I interpreted Dave to be saying was about those who abuse the system. That of course is not everyone who makes use of public assistance but unfortunately it is a significant number whichlittle seems to be done to eliminate or prosecute those who do steal from every taxpayer. I've been on unemploymemt more than once in all the years I worked, fortunately I never needed more than that for a couple months. Worst time was 2008 when both the wife and I got laid off from our jobs the same day. I came home andsaid how did your day go; she told me she got laid of along with 6 others, company was cutting back to minimum office staff. I told her Igot laid off too which was expected as the job was over. The bad part was she did not land another job for 3 months, and it was another 2 months before I got back to work, and not cause either of us was not trying, just wasn't much work around here back then.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob, I don't know if the number of cheats are significant, but no fraud should go without being prosecuted. I'm not sure if these programs have the necessary inspectors they once had, or if they even pursue cheats? I have no use for these cheats or the big white collar criminals who hurt many folks invested in stocks, along with scum like bernie goldberg! Obviously the punishment for such crimes is not a sufficient deterent. I would like to see those folks who need help get it and those who steal from the system or hurt others get punished. Just like our broken economy, we can only talk about what we observe and believe needs to be done. We need people in positions of authority to take action in order for change to occur. I have to tell you I'm not very hopeful.

Comment

Of course I wasn't saying that people who truly need public or even private assistance are guilty of committing fraud or being moochers, that would just be absurd! It really didn't occur to me that fixitright was going off topic and wasn't speaking to the OP's original storyline and the subsequent responses to it but was talking about something that had nothing to do with this thread at all. I apologize if I came off as an uncaring moron without any feelings towards those less fortunate than myself.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave, once again we see the limitations of written posts. It is very easy for some folks to misunderstand our intentions and think the worst. Your point of the statement mixing in legal tax breaks with children in need of legitimate help was not to lessen the real need for some families but only to criticize the example given. I think most of us got that.

Comment

BD, I for one, understood your post as a direct comment to fixitright's post and not the OP's post. Hence, my comeback. (I like your last post much better) However, I need to share that I operated a program to put economically disadvantaged people to work. Those people wanted to work, but the system worked against them. Many times we found work for them, and they wanted to take the job, but they couldn't. The job was usually in the lower income brackets, had no medical insurance etc. The people wanted to take the job, but if the did they were dropped from medical assistance etc. and could not make it on the salary. Minnesota finally adjusted their system so they could "phase out" of they system instead of "cold turkey". I totally agree that "moochers" and deliberate fraud should be eliminated and appropriate action taken. Just don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Comment

Working...
              X