Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did not believe such a thing was even possible!

Link:
    Anheuser-Busch accused of watering down several brands - CNN.com

I was always under the impression that a Bud bought anywhere was pretty much water to begin with! How anyone can get even more into those containers would require devine intervention.
    On that basis alone, I believe this lawsuit isn't going anywhere!

Re: I did not believe such a thing was even possible!

I hope they are innocent, it would be a very damaging otherwise. Can't see much of a savings to be had by skimping?

Comment

They'd never recoup the cost of the lawsuit. That is, the 'savings' from watering down means some profits. These profits would never equate to the lawsuit costs.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        I hope they are innocent, it would be a very damaging otherwise. Can't see much of a savings to be had by skimping?
        Right? They cannot allow their brand to create a reputation of having a product that actually has alcohol TO skimp!

Comment

I heard this morning that an independant lab had tested several of thier beers and found them to have "exactly" the alcohol content that was labled. The person interviewed was surprised by that, saying that the numbers were very difficult to hold to.

CWS

Comment

NPR paid White Labs in San Diego to perform the tests. There were no quotes that I saw that said "exactly". Very close and 'spot on' I think were used.

Budweiser May Seem Watery, But It Tests At Full Strength, Lab Says : The Salt : NPR

White Labs appears to be a well respected company in their field.

White Labs

When told that a lab commission by NPR had tested several Budweiser samples and found them to match their labeled alcohol content, Boxer dismissed our test results, confident that when he gets his hands on Anheuser-Busch's internal testing, he'll still have a strong case.

This I think is total BS. "When he gets his hands on..." Really? Sounds like a contrived witch hunt to me.
            Last edited by Plumber Punky; 02-28-2013, 05:30 PM.
            ~~

Comment

Obviously I was wrong in my "exactly" quote... it was a few hours from the time I heard the report, that I posted. However, "exactly" is still pretty close to their statement (as you posted), "found them to match their labeled alcohol content"... or at least as close as 'spot on'

I have this bad habit of using quotation marks to emphasize something and not really quote it, which is definitely wrong of me. Sorry!

CWS
              Last edited by CWSmith; 03-01-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post

I have this bad habit of using quotation marks to emphasize something and not really quote it, which is definitely wrong of me. Sorry!

CWS
                No big deal It's all crappy beer anyway. Nothing worth fighting over. Now, if the guvment takes away my beer can launcher...that's another story...
                ~~

Comment

It is a possibility what some employees saw was a blending process that caused the beer to meet the label of the can, many products are "blended" to meet specifications, (which may have resulted in "watering it down"), it may have been necessary to meet the labels and the regulations,

for an example if some one wants a given percentage of protein in there wheat and the suppler has a wheat that is higher in protein they will blend in some wheat that is of a lower protein so that the order will be what is on the specification, no less and no more, the customer get what is asked for, or paid for,

at this web site is a listing of many beers and the alcohol content by percent, of them, http://www.alcoholcontents.com/beer/
                  Last edited by BHD; 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM.
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    It is a possibility what some employees saw was a blending process that caused the beer to meet the label of the can, many products are "blended" to meet specifications, (which may have resulted in "watering it down"), it may have been necessary to meet the labels and the regulations,

for an example if some one wants a given percentage of protein in there wheat and the suppler has a wheat that is higher in protein they will blend in some wheat that is of a lower protein so that the order will be what is on the specification, no less and no more, the customer get what is asked for, or paid for,

at this web site is a listing of many beers and the alcohol content by percent, of them,
                    I found some similar information to what you are saying and that seems the most likely scenario. Apparently the beer can come out at 7 to 9 percent alcohol per volume so they have to dilute it in order to meet the %5 which is listed on the label. I think the lawsuit is baseless and I would imagine the plaintiffs have opened themselves up to a libel counter-suit. The case is suggesting the company is cheating the consumer by providing less then what is advertised and I don't see how this can be proved so long as the contents are in an acceptable range of margin for the %5.

Comment

Working...
                    X