Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My first post!

    Hi,I am Ryan.Just new to this board.Very useful forum and I've already picked up loads of great ideas regarding plumbering, so I'm very grateful already.

    Now looking forward to learning and sharing from the community.

  • #2
    Re: My first post!

    Welcome aboard!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My first post!

      Welcome to the forum Ryan, my name is Jason.

      If you don't mind my curiosity, may I ask what brought you to the forum? I found this place after I purchased some Ridgid Power Tools. I see in your occupation description you are a businessman, are you in the plumbing field or contracting field? I also noticed you are in Ontario same as me.

      I'm sure if you stick around you will like the forum. There are many nice people here and the various perspectives provided from people who come from different parts of the world make for some good conversations. Just don't say anything pro-gun control, pro-Obama, anti-religious or question the ability of the NRA to do it's job... lol j/k actually if you are brave enough to start a thread with all four of those topics in the same thread I'll personally pm you a picture of a chocolate chip cookie.

      Take care and again, welcome to the forum.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My first post!

        Welcome to the Ridgid forum Ryan!

        This is a great forum with many well experienced and friendly members. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

        CWS

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My first post!

          Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
          Just don't say anything pro-gun control, pro-Obama, anti-religious or question the ability of the NRA to do it's job...
          and don't mention anything about chinese made products, homophobia, or the LLSA...

          Welcome to the forum.
          ~~

          ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My first post!

            Welcome Ryan, what type of table saw do you own?
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My first post!

              Welcome Ryan! Posting about Unions and illegals is also a sore spot with some of these antiUnion, procommunist china, obama/illegal alien loving liberals. Other than those few things we are pretty much open to any topic Frank

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My first post!

                Thanks everyone...nice to meet with you people...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My first post!

                  welcome,
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My first post!

                    Welcome ryan. Better get busy posting, you got a lot of catching up to do

                    Rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My first post!

                      Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post

                      Just don't say anything pro-gun control, pro-Obama, anti-religious or question the ability of the NRA to do it's job.
                      I give you a pass because you're from Canada and don't know the first thing about American History or our Constitution, so "opinions" you're entitled to.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My first post!

                        Ryan,
                        Welcome to the Forum! You'll also find the Ridge employees and others like us who are out here to help you as well!

                        Give it to Rick to tell you to get going on the posts. Mr, "I've written over 16k in posts." The man likes to talk! And he gives some EXCELLENT advice, as do all of the pro's who hang out on this forum.

                        Again, welcome to you!

                        Cathy
                        8^ )
                        Product Engineering
                        Ridge Tool

                        Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My first post!

                          Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          I give you a pass because you're from Canada and don't know the first thing about American History or our Constitution, so "opinions" you're entitled to.
                          lol you know I realize your comment is in just but it does tend to resonate that steriotype people have of Americans being ignorant and self centered. Thank god as an educated Canadian I know enough to look past remarks like that and see America in a more favorable light. But we know you were just kidding about it because how could someone seriously believe that only Americans can know about American History, it's Constitution, it's strengths, weaknesses etc. lol can you imagine if peoples educations, and knowledge were limited to there geographical region or to things they only had hands on experience with.

                          It got me thinking, after I read your post I though to myself how many other places thinking like that wouldn't apply.. for example...

                          Your not a Mayan, so you can't know anything about the Mayan civilization or it's history. Research, books, and all other information on the subject that you might read means nothing... you either were born knowing this stuff or you are out of luck.
                          You don't work in a beer brewery so you don't know anything about the ingredients in that beer, it's alcohol content, how it's made but I guess you can have an opinion on how it taste though.
                          You don't make guns so there is no way you could ever understand how it works, what it's used for, the right way to shoot it but I guess you can express your opinion on it even though there is no way you know anything.
                          You've never been to outer space so you don't know anything about the cosmos, the moon, the sun, other planets so we will only entertain opinions from you if they relate to how little you know.
                          You weren't around when Jesus walked the earth, when the Bible was written so you don't know anything about any religion or similar stuff but we will entertain opinions agreeing to the idea that even though we weren't there personally either that we know it's all true.

                          Books, pfft, who reads them anyway. Research.. whatever... who does that anymore? School, the best place to store guns! Either you know it or you don't! Nope can't learn it, you either know it or you don't....

                          lol thank god we know you were just kidding though

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My first post!

                            Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
                            lol you know I realize your comment is in just but it does tend to resonate that steriotype people have of Americans being ignorant and self centered. Thank god as an educated Canadian I know enough to look past remarks like that and see America in a more favorable light. But we know you were just kidding about it because how could someone seriously believe that only Americans can know about American History, it's Constitution, it's strengths, weaknesses etc. lol can you imagine if peoples educations, and knowledge were limited to there geographical region or to things they only had hands on experience with.

                            It got me thinking, after I read your post I though to myself how many other places thinking like that wouldn't apply.. for example...

                            Your not a Mayan, so you can't know anything about the Mayan civilization or it's history. Research, books, and all other information on the subject that you might read means nothing... you either were born knowing this stuff or you are out of luck.
                            You don't work in a beer brewery so you don't know anything about the ingredients in that beer, it's alcohol content, how it's made but I guess you can have an opinion on how it taste though.
                            You don't make guns so there is no way you could ever understand how it works, what it's used for, the right way to shoot it but I guess you can express your opinion on it even though there is no way you know anything.
                            You've never been to outer space so you don't know anything about the cosmos, the moon, the sun, other planets so we will only entertain opinions from you if they relate to how little you know.
                            You weren't around when Jesus walked the earth, when the Bible was written so you don't know anything about any religion or similar stuff but we will entertain opinions agreeing to the idea that even though we weren't there personally either that we know it's all true.

                            Books, pfft, who reads them anyway. Research.. whatever... who does that anymore? School, the best place to store guns! Either you know it or you don't! Nope can't learn it, you either know it or you don't....

                            lol thank god we know you were just kidding though
                            Come on man...that response was kind of dumb and childish.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My first post!

                              Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Come on man...that response was kind of dumb and childish.
                              The pot calling the kettle black.

                              I will conceded the post was actually, not kind of but actually full on dumb and somewhat childish but it definitely followed the tempo of your original post.
                              Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 03-01-2013, 02:53 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X