X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels Grounded

Budget cuts will ground the Navy Blue Angels. Can't say I'm surprised that some spending will have to be curtailed considering we are now over 17 trillion in debt! Maybe we need to keep most of our war planes on the runway parked, battleships and submarines docked? I would prefer a balanced approach to our economic, and budget problems, such as meaningful jobs creation, responsible entitlement and other spending cuts, but it is clear our legislators are unwilling or incapable of such accomplishments. How many of us are arrogant enough to believe we will not suffer the same fate as Greece, Spain and Italy given our debt and spending? Yes, America is rich in natural resources, businesses, and industry, but the disconnect that has lead to massive debt, and unemployment is winning the battle over a stable economy.

Re: Blue Angels Grounded

It's Woodrow Wilson's fault!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
      It's Woodrow Wilson's fault!
      I thought it was that foolish spending on that Louisiana purchase and buying that Alaska wasteland!

Comment

I hope once the cuts go through and the world didn't end
        obuma will come around

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
          I hope once the cuts go through and the world didn't end
          obuma will come around
          The best was what Maxine Waters said " Over 170 million jobs could be lost".

That is not mathematically possible...lol

But yet the sheep will believe that.

Comment

Dwight Eisenhower warn you guys about the military industrial complex. How do you now cut spending in an area that employees so much of your population?

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            America is rich in natural resources, businesses, and industry, but the disconnect that has lead to massive debt, and unemployment is winning the battle over a stable economy.
            Personally I think one of Americas biggest strengths is in it's people. In my opinion many of the problems in American society has occurred because people are so divided, the economy has been fractured, there are wider divides in the classes, people have such unreasoning extreme political views from both sides it is near impossible for people to now get on the same page. Personally I think it will just be a matter of time before the problems pressing people down will force them to stand together and react as one. History has proven the nation to be unstoppable when you get the majority on one page working towards a common goal.
            Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
              Dwight Eisenhower warn you guys about the military industrial complex. How do you now cut spending in an area that employees so much of your population?

Personally I think one of Americas biggest strengths is in it's people. In my opinion many of the problems in American society has occurred because people are so divided, the economy has been fractured, there are wider divides in the classes, people have such unreasoning extreme political views from both sides it is near impossible for people to now get on the same page. Personally I think it will just be a matter of time before the problems pressing people down will force them to stand together and react as one. History has proven the nation to be unstoppable when you get the majority on one page working towards a common goal.
              What you said about America's people was very true during WWII, factories transitioned for military production, men, women and children joined in the war effort. I am positive we don't have the same sort of people in business or in the public today. Short of a "Red Dawn" kind of invasion wars are funded, supplied and fought very differently today. I can't imagine the circumstance under which Americans would pull together? Hurricane Sandy was a sad display of human behavior around here, I hate to think what would happen if the problem was more widespread.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                What you said about America's people was very true during WWII, factories transitioned for military production, men, women and children joined in the war effort. I am positive we don't have the same sort of people in business or in the public today. Short of a "Red Dawn" kind of invasion wars are funded, supplied and fought very differently today. I can't imagine the circumstance under which Americans would pull together? Hurricane Sandy was a sad display of human behavior around here, I hate to think what would happen if the problem was more widespread.
                I would say it lingered up until the late 70's even early 80's. It seems like it really started to change once the manufacturing started slipping away in the late 80's early 90s to third world countries and jobs started to become more computerized/tech industry oriented. You know I honestly thought if the goverment didn't provide the handout to the banks, automotive industry then the economy would have been so shaken up that more people would have realized the current system is faulty and would have demanded significant change. I understand why they did it and I also understand a solution isn't so black and white but as it stands, people (all over the world) don't want to jeopardize what little they do have and endure the hardships that such a change would require. Personally I think it's just a matter of time though. people and nations can't keep carrying that much debt indefinitely. It's to the point now where many people (again not just americans, canadians, european people etc), are barely covering the interest payments let alone actually being able to reduce the principle amount of debt owed.
                Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 03-01-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X