X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who lives in Australia?

I want the AEG cordless grinder sold at Bunnings and it seems I cant order online and ship it to me... anyone want to help me out? Wonder what the shipping would be? probably to much...

Re: Who lives in Australia?

I'm probably going end of the year. You sure the charger is 120 v 60hz.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Its just the bare tool, no charger, no batteries. If it doesnt end up here in the Ridgid flavor this year, I might have to work out something with you Rick, I really want a cordless grinder. But I want to be able to use my Ridgid batteries and from what I have gathered, the AEG tool batteries are identical to the Ridgid twins

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        I'm probably going end of the year. You sure the charger is 120 v 60hz.

Rick.
        O please don`t come Australia Rick we have enough problems without you

Tony

Comment

Settle down Tony, a little respect goes a long way. Scare these boys off now and we wont get a roundup downunder......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
            Its just the bare tool, no charger, no batteries. If it doesnt end up here in the Ridgid flavor this year, I might have to work out something with you Rick, I really want a cordless grinder. But I want to be able to use my Ridgid batteries and from what I have gathered, the AEG tool batteries are identical to the Ridgid twins
            Alpha, if you are sure of what you want be a pleasure to help. As rick says though, our tools are all 240vlts 50-60hz. Just PM me and we can talk further

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
              Alpha, if you are sure of what you want be a pleasure to help. As rick says though, our tools are all 240vlts 50-60hz. Just PM me and we can talk further
              I knew the corded stuff is all not compatible here, but the cordless stuff should all be standard 18v DC like the tools here. Chargers are different but only on the AC side. These are just bare tools. I am interested in that cordless SDS demo hammer as well. Wonder what shipping is from down under to MN?!

Comment

Interesting that you mention Ridgid batteries. I've noticed that the ProPress Mega G is powered by Mikita batteries.

Comment

Shipping and fees can be costly. Joey shipped some yarn over to Syd and was shocked at the cost. Jana bought a nursing book here Syd needed for school there and fees and shipping was almost $100. When we buy gifts for the kids we use a retailer there who ships it to them.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just for the heck of it I tried UPS with a 10 pound weight from Sydney International Airport to my home address in NJ with a declared value of $100 USD.

Estimated at 4 days transit time with a shipping cost of over $200 USD for the cheapest rate.
                    Last edited by Bob D.; 03-04-2013, 09:46 PM.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

4 days. No wonder its 200 dollars. I've shipped Canada to Ukraine 20+ times and for 15lbs it was roughly 80$. On average it would take 2 weeks but on occasion it would take about 4 weeks for delivery. There is a formula for size and weight, rate is not based on weight alone. Perhaps find an independent shipper.

Comment

Yikes!!! If I had someone bring it back with them while on a trip such as Rick, what kind of duties would I be looking at for bring it back?

Comment

I think that $200 fee included duty. I put a value of $100 USD on the 10# package and gave it a size of 12x16x4 inches

It was all hypothetical just to see what it might cost to send something.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                            Yikes!!! If I had someone bring it back with them while on a trip such as Rick, what kind of duties would I be looking at for bring it back?
                            It's been a while since I traveled so I may be way off on these numbers but I thought you got a certain amount duty free depending on how long you were visiting? I thought the amount was pretty high as well, I beleive it's $200 for a week but $700 for two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X