Re: Weapons buyback programs.

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    These simple steps can save a life:
    1. Remove Magazine.
    2. Pull the bolt back.
    3.Observe the chamber.
    4. Release the bolt.
    5. Pull the trigger.

I have seen what happens when someone forgets step one. It isn't pretty.

I might add:
    If step #2 is performed before dropping the magazine, a round is ejected and then when the bolt is released another round is chambered. Thus, the weapon is loaded, but because the round was ejected it can lead people to think the weapon is clear.

I encourage everyone not to be afraid to ask how to properly operate or use any weapon system. Do not let your ego get in the way. No one is born with this information.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark7 View Post
      I might add:
      If step #2 is performed before dropping the magazine, a round is ejected and then when the bolt is released another round is chambered. Thus, the weapon is loaded, but because the round was ejected it can lead people to think the weapon is clear.

I encourage everyone not to be afraid to ask how to properly operate or use any weapon system. Do not let your ego get in the way. No one is born with this information.
      I'm so darn cautious when I clear my guns, cause I'm always worried about a round being chambered. I'm constantly racking the slides to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        This is actually old news, and not sure why your newspaper is just talking about this now.

Every single gun store in my area has been picked clean of everything! We have a major gun show coming up this weekend, so I'll be curious to hear the reports coming out of it.

The bigger question is, why does our government want to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition? I'm not sure I'm buying what they are trying to sell.
        It is up to 2 billion rounds now, hollow point bullets no less. The government claims the rounds are for "target practice". Since the Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibited the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body, and NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention, leads me to wonder what (or who) the targets are.

Comment

Thank God I left Mass. over 30 Years ago. The most ANTI 2 nd. Amendment state in the Union ! Well Maybe N.Y. IS #1 !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A few of you were talking about making sure the gun was clear of ammo. Here is a video where a guy tells his wife to not handle his guns but she does it anyway. (don't worry it is not gross, he plays a prank on her)

Comment

I was in my local Walmart a couple of weeks ago and sure-enough, the shelves were almost empty... none of the popular calibers were available, including every single 9-mm, 45 ACP, and 22 were gone... not even "shorts".

What I always find strange and somewhat alarming are the fools how don't have a clue as to how to handle thier weapons. Like what, you don't know how to clear your piece? One could only hope that proper education would be part of gun ownership, but I guess not.

It seems that too many people simply have no consideration of the down-range effect their weapons will have. I guess in the anxiety of self-defense, that might well be understood and frankly I'm not sure how even I would react to that. But, I do know that in hunting and even target situations, too many people are quite unaware or just incompetant and the results are often very chilling.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by supermanofsteel View Post
                a few of you were talking about making sure the gun was clear of ammo. Here is a video where a guy tells his wife to not handle his guns but she does it anyway. (don't worry it is not gross, he plays a prank on her)

now that's funny
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool,

Did the two of them shoot each other... the link says, "This video does not exist."

About a month ago there was a link to a video which was a compilation of several video's that showed really dumb "accidents". The one I liked best was this younger guy playing with his semi-auto hand gun, and it went off... following quickly witht the guy yelling, "My mother is going to kill me!" I guess he was in his bedroom (living at home, obviously) playing with the computer video and not realizing his weapon was cocked and loaded.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X