Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to think about.

I do have a question.
    Given, that if one is a constituent in a five cent deposit state, purchase a bottle of an alcohol beverage, with a 5 cent deposit on the label, in a bar licensed in the same state, does the customer have a right to demand the 5 cents back when the bottle is returned to the same establishment from which it is served?

Re: Something to think about.

I don't think you are ever charged that 5 cents IF you are consuming the beverage in the establishment where purchased. It would be a wash so why go through the trouble of collecting then refunding the money. Now if you bought something for carry out then you might be charged the 5 cents but you could then of course redeem the bottle anywhere and collect your 5 cents.

Man, I almost made a career of collecting bottles and cashing them in when I was about 8 back in the 60s.
    Some days I cleared 75 cents. Half gallon mike bottles paid 10 cents.

JACKPOT!!
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
      I do have a question.
      Given, that if one is a constituent in a five cent deposit state, purchase a bottle of an alcohol beverage, with a 5 cent deposit on the label, in a bar licensed in the same state, does the customer have a right to demand the 5 cents back when the bottle is returned to the same establishment from which it is served?
      the question i have thought about is to load up a pick up or truck with the bottles from a state that does not have the deposit and take them to a state that does,
      a little like Bob plan when he was a kid, I know when we were kids one store had 5 cent deposit, and the other had a 10 cent deposit, and I am sure the store that had the 5 cent sold many more bottles of pop, and the store across the street received many more empties,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        the question i have thought about is to load up a pick up or truck with the bottles from a state that does not have the deposit and take them to a state that does,
        This was once the topic of a Seinfeld episode. In reality it is not legal to do so. Big surprise, right?
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
          This was once the topic of a Seinfeld episode. In reality it is not legal to do so. Big surprise, right?
          How would they know where the bottles came from. I know some bottles lost different redemption values for different states.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I don't care ,I quit Bars 29 Years ago ! " Booze a thousand laughs, A million tears "
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              How would they know where the bottles came from. I know some bottles lost different redemption values for different states.
              It has something to do with the bar code I believe. I don't think it's very enforceable with a visual count system.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
              X