Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple recent projects and not so recent.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple recent projects and not so recent.

Couple things I have done over the last year. Yesterday we were repainting an office building and in the entryway a handy man had nailed some white plastic chair rail pieces over the top of a mural painting. So, I tried my best at making the chair rail blend in and not be as noticeable.Name:  ed720087e86958478bd900983530bc66.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  34.6 KB
    Name:  dd08640545e4fa13667d113a0baef033.jpg
Size:  133.7 KB

Re: Couple recent projects and not so recent.

I custom made this trench drain. Used PVC for the pan of the drain that is sloped to one side that has the drain flange. Then I custom made the insert which is silestone that I cut slots in it and then cupped the back side so that only the four corners touched to allow the water to freely flow to the drain.
    Name:  eb606e2aedd3347cb5b85f2ee5b9fbf5.jpg
Size:  42.3 KB

Kitchen remodel, complete remodel, only thing saved was the floor that we patched in where there use to be a wall between the dining room and kitchen. Also installed the beams on the ceiling.
    Name:  1ef96163ece40a8b4125ed86a39e4544.jpg
Size:  163.1 KB
    Name:  9b41ee2ea6b4f8e984a6ee126f9932f8.jpg
Size:  168.1 KB

Another kitchen remodel, included a relocation of the kitchen from one side of the house to another and removing a 40' wall and replaced it with a very large steel I-beam!
    Name:  fec189522208c0e390321307b6d46ebd.jpg
Size:  132.8 KB
    Name:  34443dc4e837fd54eb9469c5734ba296.jpg
Size:  54.1 KB

Boat house that we basically built. Due to setbacks changes, it was grandfathered in at its current location. 2 of the walls and roof were saved and then completely remodeled. It now has two beds, and a small living area and tongue and grove pine inside. Ground the cement floor and stained. To bad I dont have a pic of the inside.
    Name:  bb42942e34cc7ec9a8e1d4ea419e2aa6.jpg
Size:  403.5 KB

Deck we built on a building built back in the 1800's
    Name:  98aea31e8ba9b4a0cae85a8f48269bf2.jpg
Size:  61.8 KB

Comment

beautiful work
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Great work! Not many out there that can deliver that !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Alphacowboy,

Wow! That is really very nice work indeed. I don't know of anyone around here that does anything even close to that kind of craftsmanship, especially with such style.

Thanks for posting your work!

CWS

Comment

Thanks guys!

The funny thing on the drain, the contractor and plumber didn't communicate on the shower size, so the plumber didn't move the drain to the center of what would be the new wider shower. The valve was easy to move as it was plumbed with pex but the drain obviously wasn't going to be that easy. So, I figured what the heck, I'll try my hand at making one. Glued some PVC siding pieces together to make the tray and attached it to the top of the traditional drain strainer via the two screws with a bead of silicone between them. I was able to adjust the height by screwing the drain strainer up and down before I attached them together. The drain cap and border were a bit tricky but worked out very nicely. Now I wish I had a CNC router to make the base out of a block of PVC and sell these, I just might still do that actually. For how expensive trough drains go for, I could sell these for 400 bucks and easily be competitive!

Comment

Working...
            X