Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

    Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
    I am not defending Jim Carrey's statement. I am commenting on what I feel is a hypocritical remark that gets tossed out every time there is a debate. That being, if you don't agree leave even if you are an American, if you disagree then leave. That's what I call BS on. When people want their opinion to count yet are so quickly to discount other peoples opnions just because they are different than their own.

    Flux, Not counting the movies he has stared in, some of which were made just for him and with him in mind, Jim Carrey has also produced movies of his own, Dick and Jane and Bruce Almighty are two example. He used his own money to bank roll these endeavors. Hollywood creates many jobs but I'm not about to give a history of everything he has done but I'm sure you can understand that as a movie star, he is in an industry that employees many people. At one point everything he did generated a ton of money, I'm sure you can see how all that gets spun back into the US economy as jobs, investments etc. Heck even if you didn't want to believe that then just look at what he owns, cars, houses, investments, his spending in general puts money back into the economy. Please tell me you are not that naieve as to not correlate the connection between celbrities and all those who are employed as a result of them. His house keepers, gardeners, bankers, agents, etc are just a few of the people he either directly keeps in work or helps keep employed.
    The problem I have is that people forget why they came to this country in the first place.

    Our way of life has been in place long before Jim Carrey and Barrack Obama, and I have a major problem with people trying to turn this country into something that the framers didn't intend it to become. Obama has been spewing lies about America in how unfair we are, but yet he's one of our greatest examples of achievement regardless if he was born in this country or not. Here we have a black man who got educated on someone else's dime and went on to become the president of the United States, which means he achieved the opportunities that this country represents.

    I have no respect for anything Hollywood as they have had their fair share of problems in the past and have been investigated for it...especially pedophilia that they seem to always cover up. So I could seriously care less what those dirt bags have to say...any of them.

    So back to my point....

    Shall I go to Canada and act like an a$$hole so I can change your constitution thats been in place for a very long time because I simply don't like it?

    How would you like it if I made a video trashing Canada and their way of life because my views are different from theirs?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

      Originally posted by Flux View Post
      The problem I have is that people forget why they came to this country in the first place.

      Our way of life has been in place long before Jim Carrey and Barrack Obama, and I have a major problem with people trying to turn this country into something that the framers didn't intend it to become. Obama has been spewing lies about America in how unfair we are, but yet he's one of our greatest examples of achievement regardless if he was born in this country or not. Here we have a black man who got educated on someone else's dime and went on to become the president of the United States, which means he achieved the opportunities that this country represents.
      I don't think people forget why they move to the US as much as you think. You say this because their view is different than yours yet their view is in line with over half the US population who are not immigrants. Your view is the minority yet you attack the oppositions outer fringe and you dig for insults by claiming immigrants should go home, if you don't like it leave etc. Perhaps you should turn your attention to the "majority" of the US born population that disagrees with you instead of focusing on the "easy" targets.

      On the other hand I do think many of the people on this forum who are so vocal about protecting second amendment rights like to pick and choose which rights US citizens have based on your own agendas. You get so offended when you feel people are stepping on your rights yet you hypocritically skim over US citizens rights to have a voice, you make excuses as to why they should leave and you throw insults when people share their beliefs and opinions on a subject which are different then your own.

      Originally posted by Flux View Post
      I have no respect for anything Hollywood as they have had their fair share of problems in the past and have been investigated for it...especially pedophilia that they seem to always cover up. So I could seriously care less what those dirt bags have to say...any of them.
      Hmmmm wasn't Charles Heston a Hollywood actor... :/

      You speak like Hollywood is a group of pedophilic priest standing on a corner when in reality Hollywood is probably 10's of thousands of people earning a living either directly or indirectly from the movie industry. But if you are going to avoid industries based on child abuse and cover up, then you might want to consider adding religion and sports to your list of things to avoid as well.

      Originally posted by Flux View Post
      Shall I go to Canada and act like an a$$hole so I can change your constitution thats been in place for a very long time because I simply don't like it?

      How would you like it if I made a video trashing Canada and their way of life because my views are different from theirs?
      lol actually people in Canada are extremely tolerant when it comes to listening to people and their views. Listening hardly hurts anyone provided the people listening have a pittance of common sense when it comes time to vote.

      Also we have changed our laws many times in order to bring our Charter Of Rights and Freedoms up to par with "modern" society. We recognize that laws written long ago which didn't have to address modern technology and ideology may need clarification and tweaking as new situations in society arise.

      Again I would like to add, my comments are not pro or anti gun control. It's about the hypocrisy some of you put forth when you express your own points of view.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

        Have any of you ever seen a Jim Carrey movie? Really not classy or respectful...we are talking about the same JIm Carrey? Dumb and dumber, me my self and Irene, the mask.....Classy..mmm no he has never been classy he's satire that's like Being surprised a Monty python movie doesn't seem politically correct? As far as gun rights I'm not going to get to involved because well personally...I think its archaic and unbelievable that a first world country could be so torn about a amendment that three hundred years old. Abolish slavery a hundred plus years ago but dammit those slave owners gave us the right to have ak 47 and armored tanks in case the neighbours kid comes threw my front door instead of HIS matching cookie cutter home next door..oops I didn't mean to get involved. Here it comes...

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

          Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
          I don't think people forget why they move to the US as much as you think. You say this because their view is different than yours yet their view is in line with over half the US population who are not immigrants. Your view is the minority yet you attack the oppositions outer fringe and you dig for insults by claiming immigrants should go home, if you don't like it leave etc. Perhaps you should turn your attention to the "majority" of the US born population that disagrees with you instead of focusing on the "easy" targets.

          On the other hand I do think many of the people on this forum who are so vocal about protecting second amendment rights like to pick and choose which rights US citizens have based on your own agendas. You get so offended when you feel people are stepping on your rights yet you hypocritically skim over US citizens rights to have a voice, you make excuses as to why they should leave and you throw insults when people share their beliefs and opinions on a subject which are different then your own.



          Hmmmm wasn't Charles Heston a Hollywood actor... :/

          You speak like Hollywood is a group of pedophilic priest standing on a corner when in reality Hollywood is probably 10's of thousands of people earning a living either directly or indirectly from the movie industry. But if you are going to avoid industries based on child abuse and cover up, then you might want to consider adding religion and sports to your list of things to avoid as well.



          lol actually people in Canada are extremely tolerant when it comes to listening to people and their views. Listening hardly hurts anyone provided the people listening have a pittance of common sense when it comes time to vote.

          Also we have changed our laws many times in order to bring our Charter Of Rights and Freedoms up to par with "modern" society. We recognize that laws written long ago which didn't have to address modern technology and ideology may need clarification and tweaking as new situations in society arise.

          Again I would like to add, my comments are not pro or anti gun control. It's about the hypocrisy some of you put forth when you express your own points of view.
          One never needs to ask again why the American Revolution started in the 1700's...because your response is the modern version as to why.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

            Originally posted by Flux View Post
            One never needs to ask again why the American Revolution started in the 1700's...because your response is the modern version as to why.
            This is the best you could muster as a response to what I typed. lol so sad and lazy as you don't address anything specific, you just add some generic vague comment which has no connection to what you are responding too.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

              Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
              Have any of you ever seen a Jim Carrey movie? Really not classy or respectful...we are talking about the same JIm Carrey? Dumb and dumber, me my self and Irene, the mask.....Classy..mmm no he has never been classy he's satire that's like Being surprised a Monty python movie doesn't seem politically correct? As far as gun rights I'm not going to get to involved because well personally...I think its archaic and unbelievable that a first world country could be so torn about a amendment that three hundred years old. Abolish slavery a hundred plus years ago but dammit those slave owners gave us the right to have ak 47 and armored tanks in case the neighbours kid comes threw my front door instead of HIS matching cookie cutter home next door..oops I didn't mean to get involved. Here it comes...
              Seanny, it has nothing to do with self defense. The right to bare arms is for one sole purpose, so that the government stays a government of the people. Whats sad is that there has been so many laws passed it makes damn near every citizen a criminal. I guarantee that is you asked most citizens today in the US whom they fear the most and most would say law enforcement or government. THAT IS SAD! The government should fear its citizens, not the other way around. Its pathetic that we have gotten to this point in history. Americans have lost their backbone and many just want to be taken care of by someone else. Its killing this country (and the globe I might argue) as the haves are under attack by the have nots and they think that everyone deserves a piece of the pie, regardless if they earned it or not. Many don't understand the 2nd amendment for what it truly was designed to do... then again many don't understand the Constitution or like to bend it to mean what they want, IE our healthcare law that is anything but constitutional but enough political pressure made some bend the wording. The constitution of the US was designed to limit the involvement of Government in out our lives, as the framers saw what happened when the Government got to powerful and wanted nothing of the likes to happen here. Well, it has, just very slowly. I hate to say it, but unless the tide changes, and soon, I see the US dying in my lifetime. And giving up even one single right such as the 2nd amendment, you can guarantee that more rights will fall if the government has no reason to fear its citizens.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                Seanny, it has nothing to do with self defense. The right to bare arms is for one sole purpose, so that the government stays a government of the people. Whats sad is that there has been so many laws passed it makes damn near every citizen a criminal. I guarantee that is you asked most citizens today in the US whom they fear the most and most would say law enforcement or government. THAT IS SAD! The government should fear its citizens, not the other way around. Its pathetic that we have gotten to this point in history. Americans have lost their backbone and many just want to be taken care of by someone else. Its killing this country (and the globe I might argue) as the haves are under attack by the have nots and they think that everyone deserves a piece of the pie, regardless if they earned it or not. Many don't understand the 2nd amendment for what it truly was designed to do... then again many don't understand the Constitution or like to bend it to mean what they want, IE our healthcare law that is anything but constitutional but enough political pressure made some bend the wording. The constitution of the US was designed to limit the involvement of Government in out our lives, as the framers saw what happened when the Government got to powerful and wanted nothing of the likes to happen here. Well, it has, just very slowly. I hate to say it, but unless the tide changes, and soon, I see the US dying in my lifetime. And giving up even one single right such as the 2nd amendment, you can guarantee that more rights will fall if the government has no reason to fear its citizens.
                Its called evolution the framers of your constitution have a lot in common with the framers of the bible they were farmers in a vary different world than today unsophisticated in todays stantards they would never have thought in their wildest dreams the advancements in weapons would have taken place in the last two hundreds and if they had they would never have allowed their citizens to have them the rest of the world has moved on where the US hasn`t as civilised nations world wide trust their governmnets and democracies you don`t which shows just what type of democracy you really have and it is sad as you have made great contributions to the world but your a country that has lost its way your stagnating you still think the world revolves around the US and you can stay in the past just take the metric system you have ignored the world and are still in the out dated imperial system a system that I would have would have thought would have been changed to day you won your independants but no it must be awful living in a country where you are afraid of your democratic elected government wondering when they are going to turn on you and thinking you could defend yoursefleves with the weapons you have at home against you military I don`t think so

                Tony

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                  Tony, the musket was a huge evolution in weaponry at the time, it changed the tide of power. No longer did the individual with armor and swords have sole power. And due to the relatively cheap nature of the weapon compared to the cost of a full suit of armor, it allowed more people to own. The framers realized that the way to control government and keep it from destroying freedom that the populous needed to be armed to the degree of its government. Now, yes with today's weapon tech, that probably isn't the greatest idea... or isn't it? Think about it, if the Feds knew that if they didn't follow the wishes of its constituency and the framework of the constitution that they'd be blow to hell.... just saying. Plus, the fact that other countries want to see the US citizenry disarm under the UN small arms treaty is enough for me to say to hell with them and let the citizens of the US pile up our stashes and tell the UN to go to hell.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                    Yeah...it's awful living here.

                    That's why so many are fleeing.

                    Enlightened outsiders are wonderful.

                    I don't consider my bible outdated either.
                    Last edited by rofl; 03-29-2013, 10:08 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                      The only ones that seem to have a problem with America are the posters from CANADA? WHIMPS!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                        If the framers, only meant the second amendment to apply to the arms of that time period, then they must of intended the first only apply to the printing presses of that time.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                          Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                          The government should fear its citizens, not the other way around.
                          Maybe I am missing something but don't you live in a democracy? Aren't the people in politics there because people vote for them because people want them to represent them? Don't the people have the power to change who represents them every time there is a vote? Is the goverment not an elected body of people representing those who vote for them? I'm not trying to be sarcastic with those questions but I don't see the correspondence between the us and them statements if the "them" was put there by the "us". Is the reason why you don't trust your "elected" officials is because of outside influences, corporate lobbyist, the nra, big oil, pharmaceuticals etc?

                          Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          Yeah...it's awful living here. That's why so many are fleeing. Enlightened outsiders are wonderful. I don't consider my bible outdated either.
                          Hmmmm who said it's awful living there? Is this another one of those canned responses put out there to avoid actually debating the real issues. I also do not think bibles, or other religions are outdated for those who still need them provided it helps them become better people.

                          Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                          The only ones that seem to have a problem with America are the posters from CANADA? WHIMPS!!!!
                          Lol you know if anyone started a what I like about america thread I'd post in that one too. But as it stands most threads are on controversial topics. Given the context of the conversation I can see how outsiders could be viewed as anti-american but I think for the most part us outsiders and especially from Canada, understand and appreciate the overabundance of positive offerings the American people have brought to the rest of the world. In fact every morning I have my coffee I enjoy it without the coffee grounds because of an American inventor and every day I lay my hands on a powertool it's because of an American who decided to combine motors and hand tools.

                          Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          If the framers, only meant the second amendment to apply to the arms of that time period, then they must of intended the first only apply to the printing presses of that time.
                          I agree with you, and like you mentioned there has to be consideration as technology changes but I think the debate becomes heated once people start asking what and where a reasonable line should be drawn in terms of not only what is acceptable speech but also an acceptable amount of armament. Hate speech and telling lies etc are not protected by the first because people have come forward and said, free speech is great but it has to be put into context in order to protect other peoples right to not be interfered with or harassed. This is also what is happening to the second, people are debating what is reasonable, they aren't agreeing but they are talking and that in my opinion is the important thing.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                            Canadians are not the only folks who are critical of our country! I don't find polite, well intended criticism a problem. I do think it is bad manners to post rude, insensitve, stupid comments about our country. Whatever the intention of the Constitution was regarding firearms, they are here to stay for folks looking to protect themselves and others, for the sports enthisiast, hunter and lastly criminal element. We will work things out here in the USA, and I wish folks in other countries the best with their situations. Frank

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                              Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
                              I agree with you, and like you mentioned there has to be consideration as technology changes but I think the debate becomes heated once people start asking what and where a reasonable line should be drawn in terms of not only what is acceptable speech but also an acceptable amount of armament. Hate speech and telling lies etc are not protected by the first because people have come forward and said, free speech is great but it has to be put into context in order to protect other peoples right to not be interfered with or harassed. This is also what is happening to the second, people are debating what is reasonable, they aren't agreeing but they are talking and that in my opinion is the important thing.
                              Our Supreme Court has has already ruled on what the framers of our Constitution meant. The problem comes on when a minority of our Legislators try to Legislate around our Constitutional Rights. Most reasonable people agreed with banning full automatic weapons from civilians. Now as ofter happens they want to strip a little more of our Rights away. History has proven the anti-gun crowd will never be happy until all private guns are banned. If they are not stopped now, then when?

                              Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                                Canned response. Guilty as charged.

                                I'll sit with anybody in real life and discuss things, but the next time a mind gets changed on the internet will be the first time it's happened.

                                And canned accusations warrant canned responses.

                                Spared me the "religion is great..,if you need that kind of thing" junk. I don't debate religion with skeptics on the internet, but if you want to see the difference God can make first hand I'll welcome a visit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X