X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

Yes we elect our officials, but the problem today is that one party in particular "buys" votes with give always wrapped up in entitlements paid for by the productive class, and frankly we're getting tired. Also the sky rocketing of additional non-elected bureaucrats creating regulations that are not voted on such as the EPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      Yes we elect our officials, but the problem today is that one party in particular "buys" votes with give always wrapped up in entitlements paid for by the productive class, and frankly we're getting tired. Also the sky rocketing of additional non-elected bureaucrats creating regulations that are not voted on such as the EPA.
      The democrats have the office for now, but republicans were bought and paid for by special interest groups and held court for lobbyists as well. We have a government that is for sale to the highest bidder through entitlements and or lobbyists. How in God's name could former PResident george bush or any American President compliment illegals in our country? They broke our laws!!! How can any President fund wars or borrow money from a brutal communist regime that crushes human rights and all we stand for? Both parties STINK and it is beyond me how anyone in their right mind can defend them.
      The problem today is that our system, economy does not work. There is too much money going to entitlements, too much debt held by foreign governments, too few jobs, too much inflation and the major source of energy we use to commute is at least twice as expensive as our economy can afford. The economy is broken and considering the 17 trillion and growing debt, trade deficit, and unemployment we are facing a guaranteed collapse with no legislators willing to step up. They are all part of the problems.

Comment

[QUOTE=AFM;396480]sic "Its called evolution the framers of your constitution have a lot in common with the framers of the bible they were farmers in a vary different world than today unsophisticated in todays stantards they would never have thought in their wildest dreams the advancements in weapons would have taken place in the last two hundreds......"

Actually, the majority were lawyers and merchants. But even if they were farmers, I am still impressed with what they wrote.

Comment

Frank, I by no means blame only Democrats, I blame both sides. They both are just as guilty.

Comment

not to throw more gas on the fire but it does amuse me that of the fact that those who oppose the 2nd amendment rights seem to forget one thing.
            the first amendment is protected by the second
            so if the second amendment is voided then how long do you think the first last afterwards!
            all the arguments get blown out of proportion and who gets the biggest benefit from it all?
            the media of course!
            and hollywood stars, politicians and a lot of rich people usually have armed bodyguards to die for them

we dont have that luxury, I know I dont!
            please dont get this wrong but the way they want to control guns will only leave us defenseless against anyone who wants to commit crimes anyway.

by the way the best roll ive seen michel moore play was on the spoof teem america when his fat @$$ blew up
            shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Supermanofsteel said;

"lol actually people in Canada are extremely tolerant when it comes to listening to people and their views. Listening hardly hurts anyone provided the people listening have a pittance of common sense when it comes time to vote."

Really? didn't seem very tolerant of Ann Coulter. LOL!
              Last edited by TomSV650; 04-02-2013, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                Supermanofsteel said;

"lol actually people in Canada are extremely tolerant when it comes to listening to people and their views. Listening hardly hurts anyone provided the people listening have a pittance of common sense when it comes time to vote."

Really? didn't seem very tolerant of Ann Coulter. LOL!
                Yeah we are not very tolerant of a person who blatantly spews bigotry, racism and hate speech, no mater what Ivy league school she has gone too.

Seriously, if you think Ann Coulter is a pinnacle example of stifled expression then using her as a rebuttal against my comment speaks volumes about you as a person. If you did it out of jest, then you're just a troll. Either way, I'm not impressed.
                Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 04-03-2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gnuuser View Post
                  not to throw more gas on the fire but it does amuse me that of the fact that those who oppose the 2nd amendment rights seem to forget one thing.
                  the first amendment is protected by the second
                  so if the second amendment is voided then how long do you think the first last afterwards!
                  all the arguments get blown out of proportion and who gets the biggest benefit from it all?
                  the media of course!
                  and hollywood stars, politicians and a lot of rich people usually have armed bodyguards to die for them

we dont have that luxury, I know I dont!
                  please dont get this wrong but the way they want to control guns will only leave us defenseless against anyone who wants to commit crimes anyway.

by the way the best roll ive seen michel moore play was on the spoof teem america when his fat @$$ blew up
                  Just wanted to welcome you to the Forum! Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
                    Yeah we are not very tolerant of a person who blatantly spews bigotry, racism and hate speech, no mater what Ivy league school she has gone too.

Seriously, if you think Ann Coulter is a pinnacle example of stifled expression then using her as a rebuttal against my comment speaks volumes about you as a person. If you did it out of jest, then you're just a troll. Either way, I'm not impressed.
                    While I hear what you are saying I think you miss the point.

If you are selectively tolerant, you really aren't tolerant at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                      While I hear what you are saying I think you miss the point.

If you are selectively tolerant, you really aren't tolerant at all.
                      So what are you saying, in order to be tolerant I should be accepting of bigotry, racism and hate speech?

You do realize this incident wasn't just about choosing to be intolerant of an activity or point of view some people did not agree with. This wasn't just some situation where it was like, hmm she likes blue and some people in the public like green so lets be intolerant towards her. What we are talking about here is a person who meets the definition of being a bigot, a racist and that of a person who has made a living off hate speech. And to be fair to Canadians, with many people knowing who she was and what she stood for, she was still invited to speak and people still showed up to listen. The controversy however began when the University realized some of the things she has said In the US, and may say here, could fall under some of our hate speech laws. They emailed her letting her know of these concerns, she took offense and it blew up from there.

You say I miss the point. I don't think I miss the point at all, I just think the example used was way off base and I don't agree with your statement about "selective tolerance" in regards to the example because it suggest taking the action of one degree (free speech, sharing opinions, political points of view etc) and comparing it to an action of a another degree (bigotry, racism and hate speech). Your comment makes a case that in order for a person to be tolerant they would have to react equally to varying degrees of similar occurrences, in this case the occurrence was speech. Now imagine this principle applied to the physical, a hug, a push, a punch to the face or a knife in the back. Your post suggest that if a person were to respond differently within the confines of an occurrence they would be practicing "selective tolerance". Quite frankly I find that conclusion when paired with the example used to be absurd.

Regarding Ann Coulter's visit to Canada, to simplify the main part of the situation which got the most press, Ann made a comment about not allowing Muslims on airplanes a while ago and when she was at the school giving her speech a Muslim girl brought this up and asked Ann what should Muslims do then if they shouldn't be aloud to fly, to which Ann replied for the girl to take a camel.
                      Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 04-04-2013, 02:31 AM.

Comment

In my background of math with teaching certification I've had and opportunity to be "indoctrinated" by the "tolerant" crowd.

The level of hypocrisy is astounding. I was told every culture is equal....until they don't like something about that culture. Muslims are equal...except for the way they treat women.

This group of people don't really want to accept everybody. They just want to set the standards instead of those they disagree with. They like to throw around words like bigot and racist, usually with little need for hard evidence.

Selective tolerance means that you get to decide what should be tolerated instead of people who have a different standard than you.

Comment

Working...
                        X