Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

    Here is a link to Jim Carrey's "Cold Dead Hands"

    Cold Dead Hand with Jim Carrey from Jim Carrey, NickCorirossi, Charles Ingram, Funny Or Die, BoTown Sound, millsfx, and Melissa Gould McNeely

    I'm always surprised when celebrities take sides in what is clearly a volatile debate given they rely on many of these people in order to keep doing what they are doing.

  • #2
    Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

    Too bad because I liked him. His movies are no longer in demand in this home. It's the same as when Alec Baldwin chose to go political.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

      I agree Mark. Maybe he's trying to get attention since Burt Wonderstone has been a dismal failure? Either way he's become an idiot in my eyes.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

        Canadians and US politics.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

          It's a shame that he decided to make his antigun stance at the cost of someone who can't defend himself! I think it's also a waste of his talent, I do think he has talent. So we are to believe folks who own guns legally and defend themselves are making up for a lack of manhood, and won't get into heaven? I don't think so. I'm glad he made his feelings known and I am glad I got to see it. I think carey's the bum.
          I remember seeing something on tv a while back, some reporter got into Charleton Heston"s home and questioned him about his stand on gun right's. Mr. Heston was clearly suffering from form of age related mental issue, and the interview seemed cruel! How the heck do you argue, insult, or make fun of such a man? Can't they make their point with more class? It doesn't take a cold heart to pull the trigger if you are defending yourself, but it takes a cold heart to abuse the elderly or insult the dead! Frank

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            It's a shame that he decided to make his antigun stance at the cost of someone who can't defend himself! I think it's also a waste of his talent, I do think he has talent. So we are to believe folks who own guns legally and defend themselves are making up for a lack of manhood, and won't get into heaven? I don't think so. I'm glad he made his feelings known and I am glad I got to see it. I think carey's the bum.
            I remember seeing something on tv a while back, some reporter got into Charleton Heston"s home and questioned him about his stand on gun right's. Mr. Heston was clearly suffering from form of age related mental issue, and the interview seemed cruel! How the heck do you argue, insult, or make fun of such a man? Can't they make their point with more class? It doesn't take a cold heart to pull the trigger if you are defending yourself, but it takes a cold heart to abuse the elderly or insult the dead! Frank

            It was Michael Moore who did that. I remember watching his bowling for Columbine and I thought it was pretty good up until that moment with evidence and points of view from many angles until I saw that. Mr. Heston seemed very frail and I lost much respect for Michale Moore that day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

              I just loved it especially where Carey sings about the big big man (all of you with your big big guns) with the little little glands or should I say dongers (Aus) but lets be serious was Charton buried holding that flintlock in his cold dead hands or was he just kidding

              Tony

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                I have a simple solution to all that hate our country and/or have no respect for our
                constitution and bill of rights!
                The constitution and bill of rights DO NOT require any updating nor do they
                present obsolescence in any manner. They are working just fine!

                I am all for dialog, discussion and debate..they are good!

                But michael moore [non use of capitals to indicate being irrelevant] and others like him
                who hate what our country stands for should be requested to return their capitalistic
                earned wealth and then be allowed a free ticket to Cuba or or any other Marxist country of their choice!

                I also believe many actors and performers are not aware of reality and when they go into political
                banters they believe they are doing a role or simply looking for a means to get attention and their
                sorry name back into the news!

                Role models are different.

                Finally there are extremists within both parties and political affiliations....but extremists who simply
                spew hate towards this country should be offered a free ride to leave the place they hate and go
                to where they love it..I'd let my taxes pay for that!


                Cactus Man

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                  Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                  I have a simple solution to all that hate our country and/or have no respect for our
                  constitution and bill of rights!
                  The constitution and bill of rights DO NOT require any updating nor do they
                  present obsolescence in any manner. They are working just fine!

                  I am all for dialog, discussion and debate..they are good!

                  But michael moore [non use of capitals to indicate being irrelevant] and others like him
                  who hate what our country stands for should be requested to return their capitalistic
                  earned wealth and then be allowed a free ticket to Cuba or or any other Marxist country of their choice!

                  I also believe many actors and performers are not aware of reality and when they go into political
                  banters they believe they are doing a role or simply looking for a means to get attention and their
                  sorry name back into the news!

                  Role models are different.

                  Finally there are extremists within both parties and political affiliations....but extremists who simply
                  spew hate towards this country should be offered a free ride to leave the place they hate and go
                  to where they love it..I'd let my taxes pay for that!


                  Cactus Man
                  You know, it could also be argued by the people on the other side of your fence that it is people like you who are the problem and it is you who should get out since your opinions are different then theirs. People of different political beliefs could all look at the other side and say those people need to leave... How many Americans disagree with each other on not only this issue but other issues as well? Just because people have different points of view is no reason to play the "if you don't like it get out card." It's childish to say the least and solves nothing.

                  Just to be clear, Jim Carrey is an American, who was born in Canada but has lived most of his live in the US. He is a citizen who I would like to say is the same as the rest of the population but he is not in the fact he has paid more taxes, created more jobs, and has spent more money in the US economy than the majority of US citizens ever will. before you say it, his fortune did not come from the US alone, a large portion of his money has come from international sources.

                  There is a reason Countries want rich people as citizens, the reasons are listed above. So with that, I say you can't have it both ways. You make him a citizen, he owns property, he lives the culture, he works and invest in the US. Seriously, just because he at one time lived somewhere else means he is not entitled to a say on his beliefs (which in this case is more of a satire than a hard core political statement)? You talk about rights, the constitution yet you skim over the part about "free speech."

                  Now before you go off saying well if he didn't like this of that he should have stayed at home let me ask you this, As a US citizen is he not covered under the same protections and rights as you? Or are those rights and freedoms only reserved for those who agree with you?
                  Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 03-28-2013, 02:50 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                    Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                    Finally there are extremists within both parties and political affiliations
                    The problem is, the far left think anyone who abides by the Constitution is an extremist or radical, which is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard in my life.

                    It's weird cause today when I was driving, I let my mind wander for a second and wonder why we are so divided right now by the most divisive president this country has ever seen.

                    None of us spend beyond our limits, but yet half this country wants our government to do just that.

                    Half this country hates everything associated with our military, but yet those same people use and enjoy the freedoms that those people provided for them. Imagine if we lived in Russia 40 years ago...you think Hollywood would be running to the camera's to tell us their political view?

                    Most of us could care less what a person's religion is, but yet we have people in this country trying to get people to hate god, which doesn't make any sense to me.

                    So how different are we really as a nation?

                    Take our guns away...the Republic as we know it is gone forever.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                      Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
                      You know, it could also be argued by the people on the other side of your fence that it is people like you who are the problem and it is you who should get out since your opinions are different then theirs. People of different political beliefs could all look at the other side and say those people need to leave... How many Americans disagree with each other on not only this issue but other issues as well? Just because people have different points of view is no reason to play the "if you don't like it get out card." It's childish to say the least and solves nothing.

                      Just to be clear, Jim Carrey is an American, who was born in Canada but has lived most of his live in the US. He is a citizen who I would like to say is the same as the rest of the population but he is not in the fact he has paid more taxes, created more jobs, and has spent more money in the US economy than the majority of US citizens ever will. before you say it, his fortune did not come from the US alone, a large portion of his money has come from international sources.

                      There is a reason Countries want rich people as citizens, the reasons are listed above. So with that, I say you can't have it both ways. You make him a citizen, he owns property, he lives the culture, he works and invest in the US. Seriously, just because he at one time lived somewhere else means he is not entitled to a say on his beliefs (which in this case is more of a satire than a hard core political statement)? You talk about rights, the constitution yet you skim over the part about "free speech."

                      Now before you go off saying well if he didn't like this of that he should have stayed at home let me ask you this, As a US citizen is he not covered under the same protections and rights as you? Or are those rights and freedoms only reserved for those who agree with you?
                      Wow, you said a mouthful there!! God Bless ya!

                      Btw...could you please link me to the jobs that Jim Carrey personally created? I would like to read all about this job creator...thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                        The problem here are many and what I see proposed here is, or at least looks like, a good thing only IF both sides of the gun issue truely believed it. But the fact is neither side of any issue does. I personally don't like Jim Carrey as an actor, and therefore don't particularly care for his movies. But that dislike is not saying that I may not like him as a person... and I'll say that there are a bunch of actors of this particular generation that I simply don't care for.

                        The problem though is that while the "gun" folks seem to be able to dish it out and defend their views to the extreme, they don't seem to be able to take any heat on the issue. The issue of guns is simply more important than the innocent lives that guns in the hands of the perpetrators, are so easily and efficient snuffed. The arguement, at least from my position, is that no one seems to logically discuss the issue of restriction, background checks, and the need to state the purpose of ownership for such weapons. Having them be "fun" or "my hobby" seems ridiculous when compared to the lives we've lost in the last several months alone.

                        What perhaps is more absurd, is that while the pro-gun issue seems to revolve around the second amendment, there is no discussion of the purpose that the originators might have had in mind. Should there not be some reasonable thought to addressing the evolution of weapons and why they should therefore not be restricted to some point in time. In other words, the statement of "arms" needs to be defined by the Supreme Court as it regards the posession of such. "Arms" when referenced in "Arms Race" can be anything from a nuclear warhead to a bayonet, and it certainly covers everything including hand guns, assault rifles, heavy machine guns, mortors, and even surface-to-air shoulder-launched missiles! So do we approach all of these "infantry-style" weapons as being freely within the realm of posession by common citizens, after all, at the time of the American Revolution, wasn't the "arms" of the time, Infantry weapons? So today, would modern-day proponents make such argument and would the be right? Many of those modern day weapons would be affordable to many of us afterall! (But where do you draw the line?)

                        The 2nd Amendment, or any amendment for that matter is a matter of constitutional law, and history has shown all of us that from time to time, such things have been suspended... also by LAW! One cannot logically argue that the writers of the 2nd Amendment ever had in mind or even in imagination, automatic weapons or even semi-automatic weapons, or even concealable hand-guns. They all are as far removed from the imagination of our founding fathers as some energy-weapon from 200 years in the future might well be to us... and perhaps more so, as "science-fiction" was not known to be in wide practice in the late 1700's.

                        But to the point of view being, 'if you don't like it here, you can simply leave'... well, let me ask you all this, "If you so proudly tout your belief in our Democracy, what would you do if we put the gun issue to a vote?" Afterall, we in this country do practice a wonderful form of "Democracy" don't we? So, we could actually put the 2nd Amendment to a vote, make a referendum of it and let the cards fall where they may. You might well loose though, as most people in this country don't have guns, and a growing number see nothing but harm in thier presense, even if you and I are "the good guys with guns".

                        Absurd? YES! And I for one would not want, ever, to see any amendment put to a vote as a result of future events. BUT, we could simply take certain parts of it, like licensing, background checks, etc. I'm sure the so-called gun community wouldn't go much for that either and that is certainly a stance taken by the NRA. It currently stands against any and all gun retrictions and pushs the abstract that they are an infringement on the right to keep and bear arms... AND it of course is NOT! Because if the government were to decide that a single-shot, muzzle-loading musket was the definition of "arms"... you would still have the guarantees of the 2nd Amendment, though every other weapon could be taken. As I said, the Supreme Court or a democratic vote needs to define "arms" that are available under the 2nd Amendment.

                        So, if any such legislation under our Democracy was to be exercised as new law... well, would you and any other pro-gun person, lover of our great country, and defender of our Consitution, then fall into allegience? I think not... and there in lays the problem, as all those who tout their patriotism, only do so as long as it's their own idea of patriotism and interpretation of the law, fits their purposes.. It seems that we believe in our Democracy, only when it suits us, and if it doesn't we openly will argue and many will take arms in hand, as a way of emphasizing their verbose threats against a Constitutionally elected government. I see this almost every week in the News. This IS the NRA, and this IS the many big-mouthed characters we see in our news, guys like the late Heston, and the current Ted Nugent... we only believe that our country is great as long as it provides us the toys we want, damn the children, damn the peace lovers, damn those who don't fall far to the right as we want them to be. So, statements like "It's my way or the highway" or "If you don't like this country, you can leave" can apply to both sides of the issue, and in this great Democracy of our it is generally the majority that decides. Problem is the Right-wingers prefer to boast of revolution, rather than of Democracy. Hence the "guns" so that we can overthrow what we don't agree to!

                        Funny however it is not, when Ted Nugent and the late Chuck Heston, get to say what they want, and a Jim Carrey should be banished!

                        CWS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                          If the framers didn't use the word "infringed" you might have an argument...everything else you said is pure speculation. I've speculated on this forum as well, but knowing the intent of our framers through their writings...I would say (I'm speculating) that we are given that right of bearing arms to protect ourselves from government.

                          The problem I have with Jim Carrey is...his views are not inline with the constitution....the law of the land in where he decided to make his living.

                          If he doesn't like it, he can take his *** back to Canada as far as I'm concerned.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                            If someone objects to what ted nugent or the late charleton heston says, they have every right to object. Insulting an elderly man who is not in his right mind and making fun of him when he is dead is not a classy thing to do in my opinion. Carrey used his talent and performing skill to make a statement, rather than sit in front of a camera as jim carrey the person out of character and make his objections on their merits.
                            We don't really want our children to be safe or we would go far beyond gun reform. I don't think our chilren are at greater risk from gun violence compared to many other things, but the left seems to have tunnel vision. I think rights should go hand in hand with responsible behavior by gun owners, parents and all adults, but that is not and will not be the case. Why doesn't carrey spoof on specific drug cartels or criminal element that poison or children and compromise our peace here? I think he is a disrespectful punk, not that his views are invalid, or that he should not speak them publically, but the way in which he chose to voice them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Jim Carrey Cold Dead Hands

                              Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Wow, you said a mouthful there!! God Bless ya!

                              Btw...could you please link me to the jobs that Jim Carrey personally created? I would like to read all about this job creator...thanks.

                              I am not defending Jim Carrey's statement. I am commenting on what I feel is a hypocritical remark that gets tossed out every time there is a debate. That being, if you don't agree leave even if you are an American, if you disagree then leave. That's what I call BS on. When people want their opinion to count yet are so quickly to discount other peoples opnions just because they are different than their own.

                              Flux, Not counting the movies he has stared in, some of which were made just for him and with him in mind, Jim Carrey has also produced movies of his own, Dick and Jane and Bruce Almighty are two example. He used his own money to bank roll these endeavors. Hollywood creates many jobs but I'm not about to give a history of everything he has done but I'm sure you can understand that as a movie star, he is in an industry that employees many people. At one point everything he did generated a ton of money, I'm sure you can see how all that gets spun back into the US economy as jobs, investments etc. Heck even if you didn't want to believe that then just look at what he owns, cars, houses, investments, his spending in general puts money back into the economy. Please tell me you are not that naieve as to not correlate the connection between celbrities and all those who are employed as a result of them. His house keepers, gardeners, bankers, agents, etc are just a few of the people he either directly keeps in work or helps keep employed.
                              Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X