Re: Stupid mistakes . Share the laughs Bad Boy

I laughed, and then just about puked... thanks Rick... lol

Comment

Me too. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        Back in the late 80's was doing a 400 unit apartment building. It was actually 5 separate buildings. Since the project was done in phases, a couple buildings were already occupied. The building maintenace man tracks me down to show me a leak in a kitchen sink. We knock on the door, it's 12 noon and he tells me that the owner works nights and might be sleeping. So we wait a few minutes.

He opens the front door and we walk in. Just at the same time as the owner walks out of the bedroom. She was tan head to toe and all the way through turned around and we waited till she answered in a robe. Turns out she owns a tanning saloon.

About 6 months later I run into her in palm springs, spring break. My buddy who was with me, didn't believe me, so I said, look at her license plate on her car. "I tan u"

That was the best.

Of course then there is the opposite.

Had a call to reset a leaking toilet, 2 gay dudes answer the door naked I lock myself in the bathroom and pull the toilet. Go to empty the water in the tub, open the slider and there is an aluminum dong hanging from the hand held shower hose.

Plenty more good bad and ugly stories over the years.

Rick.
        I like the 1st one best !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

while working on an old buick i changed the timing chain, gears,and gaskets.
          got everything put together nicely and while cleaning up i noticed the fuel pump cam sitting on the bench where i'd cleaned it up
          had to take it all apart again to put the cam back on
          my dad roared with laughter over that one
          shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Re: Stupid mistakes . Share the laughs

I remember a long time ago our town had an outhouse race (where you build an outhouse on a cart and push it in a race.
            anyhow one group of young men stole a porta potty from the next town and altered it for the race.
            the judges questioned them about it they confessed to taking it.
            the police didnt fine them for taking the porta potty but did fine then for illegally dumping the waste
            shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

I've posted my biggest ohshit here before but it was a long time ago. This was back when I wore a tie.

I was to direct the installation of a new level sensing arrangement in a large underground water tank. Needed a hole in the concrete lid for the level sensors to be installed. Examined the drawings and picked my spot where it wouldn't hit anything already down in the tank.

The guys making the hole were standing in water from the core drill when the drill quit. Went inside to see who'd unplugged them and the lights were off. The power for the pumps had been cast into the concrete lid but was not on the drawing. They blew up a 600A breaker, but fortunately never felt so much as a tingle. The breaker didn't trip; it fried somehow. The sparky guys had to rig something out of three huge fuses in parallel to get the building back up and running until a new breaker could be found.

This one isn't really funny. I try to think of it whenever I'm about to do something sketchy because it'll be faster.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace, every time I drill into cement I remember your original posting of this. One of the last commercial jobs I was on, the plumbers cut through 2 of the 3 phase lines when cutting a trench. Didn't trip the breaker I guess. The sup said the main was cast in the floor concrete at one point less than 2" from the surface.

Comment

One of My favorites from electrician talk. An Electrician was drilling a hole from inside the home to the outside.
                  He walked outside to see He had drilled a hole through the customer's canoe bottom , leaning against the house !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

One of our local water utility guys was drilling a hole for the line of the digital counter of the water meter. Rather than go through the sidewall of the house from the cellar he somehow decided that drilling and running wire up through the carpeted floor, through 2 legs of the couch, along the wall and then out the front of the house was a better idea.
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                    X