Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any welders here?

I am also a welding instructor at work
    you would be surprised at how little most people know about it.
    we have guys who have been welding at work for many years and still don't know the proper methods and types of rods they are suppose to use.
    and when i see them setting loads on some of the welded frames i want to
    shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Re: any welders here?

Tool / kevin is a real welder.

I toy around with it. Lots of toying with my 2 migs, 1 tig, 2 ac/dc arc and a gas driven lincoln. Plus my plasma cutter.

Enjoy welding and metal working.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Why weld? Drill and tap baby!

I kid! I kid! Welding is truely an artform. However, when it comes to welding, one area where a welder will never go hungry is carbon fiber and aluminum. Especially for a company with a dept. of defence contract. Trust me, anyone certified to weld aluminum needs to look up MRAP. Those vehicles need welders to piece them back together after running over a land mine.

Comment

It is not much but here is my welding truck, i have welders in the shop as well,
        I can weld, and still have a lot to learn,
        My son does it for a profession, I built a lot of things and modified and repaired many more,

since the picture was taken I have added a gasoline power air compressor on the bed as well,
        Attached Files
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I'm like Rick.....all the stuff,plasma,mig,tig,stick....I do all the steel work for the company that I work for.

Here's a gate that I made

Comment

I am a certified welding instructor but, I only teach a handful of kids. Don't have a full on welding program so most of what we do is pieced together from the equipment we have.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              It is not much but here is my welding truck, i have welders in the shop as well,
              I can weld, and still have a lot to learn,
              My son does it for a profession, I built a lot of things and modified and repaired many more,

since the picture was taken I have added a gasoline power air compressor on the bed as well,
              Beautiful Rig. And You are modest, I'm sure You weld better than most.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I Had x ray certs in the pile drivers local Years ago. Welded 3'I beams N pipe for Years. I still do small Jobs and Art
                work. I can not imagine a life without welding !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I wish I knew how to weld.

I tried arc welding a couple of times in tech school in the welding shop. I could never get the "head twitch" to lower the helmet down.

Comment

No need for that anymore. They make auto darkening lenses now. Within 1/25000 of a second, the lens goes from unshaded to shaded. The better shields have variable darkening. Prices vary from $50.00- 400.00.

They save they eyes and give instant daylight before and after an arc.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I have an optrel 680 that runs 1/55.555 which is fast but honestly, most of the time I use a 50 dollar Lincoln.
                      sigpic

Comment

I need one of y'all welders to come out to Oklahoma City. I'm doing a gas repipe with a lot of 4" and 3" pipe, as well as a few 6" welds.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

basics can be taught but its the practice thats the key tool
                          I like to teach all forms of welding. oxy/acet., stick, mig, tig, resistance soldering,and brazing (i cannot dive any more for underwater welding)
                          ive actually wrote a a small introduction book for beginners but haven't published it yet.
                          shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gnuuser View Post
                            ive actually wrote a a small introduction book for beginners but haven't published it yet.
                            Do you need a push start from us to do so?

Comment

Lincoln, esab, miller, they all have free online training and they have books and videos as well
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X