X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing concrete stain?

I have a driveway that we want to remove the concrete stain that was applied. It does not have a top coat sealer over it, just the water borne stain. Its only been on a few days, and was rained on less than 2 hours after it was applied so I am guessing it might not be set in very well. Don't like the look and want to try and remove it, any hits or tips?

Re: Removing concrete stain?

All the sites I've read say that it really can't be removed. Anything applied to etch concrete, like acid, will create it's own colors and may set the color deeper. I guess the only way to get rid of it is to jack up the concrete and replace it.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Great opportunity to sell a TILE JOB ! ME BAD
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Is there anyway to bleach it out or fade it. How about acetone or lacquer thinner. A darker stain over the top possibly.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I stain concrete all the time & I can tell you that you will not get it all off. I soaks into the pours. I would etch the concrete & apply the stain again, but you might have to go darker. Good luck you have a mess on your hands.I would also call the manufacture. I changed the color once by acid etching then appling an industrial soap. I told the sales rep. I don't know how that would work ,but it did.

Comment

depending on how much the rain diluted it, maybe a steam cleaner, (or hot High pressure washer), but my guess is your not going to get it off easy,
            sandblaster,
            one may be able to rent a concrete grinder or polisher, for working out floors,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You must utilize a concentrated detergent and a stiff brush to scrub the area in a circular motion. Be energetic in the stain area and continue scrubbing with a lighter touch. This will even out the difference between the scrubbed area and the rest of your driveway.
              PPE Protective Clothing

Comment

Originally posted by alanmurfee View Post
                You must utilize a concentrated detergent and a stiff brush to scrub the area in a circular motion. Be energetic in the stain area and continue scrubbing with a lighter touch. This will even out the difference between the scrubbed area and the rest of your driveway.
                You do realize that he's talking about an entire driveway....not a stain on a driveway?

Comment

Luckily its two sections of the driveway, not the entire 12 sections...

Comment

You could paint over it. I hear most pinks have excellent hiding characteristics.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                      You could paint over it. I hear most pinks have excellent hiding characteristics.
                      LOL! Customers driveway that someone messed up and refuses to admit it. They spilled something on it bleaching out a giant spot. I tried fixing it with a concrete stain and although it looks better, no more bleached out spot, its not quite right. Home owner never stained it, but previous owner may have, not sure. I wish the flooring guy would freaking admit he did it so I know what the hell was spilled on it that stripped the concrete to damn near white. Customer is luckily cool about the deal and would rather we just bleach it all out and leave it. I'm thinking I might try CLR as I've had that bleach out paint and clothes before.

Comment

Working...
                      X