X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh from the Oven

Just had some of this four stand braided bread with broccoli rabe and grilled hot italian sausages.
    Dinner was MM good!
    Attached Files

Re: Fresh from the Oven

I thought you were announcing a new baby in the house!

Comment

Kid, we're not even practicing anymore On the bright side, the bread was very good

Comment

Gee that looks good. I just made a meatloaf. I bet I haven't had meatloaf in 10 years
        sigpic

Comment

You'll make someone a nice wife

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            You'll make someone a nice wife
            Depends on how the Supreme Court rules.

Comment

Looks very tasty.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Franke, how did you cook the broccoli raab?
                sigpic

Comment

Damn you Franki, every drop of Italian in me is at a ravenous boiling point now!
                  Right now, I'm prepping about 10 pounds of hamburger for the freezer to get through the summer. Making hamburger patties, a loaf, and some to cook ground beef to mix into pasta sause.
                  But, every fall I pound out sugar pumpkins into a pulp, them make home-made pumpkin pies and an assortment of pumpkin mini-loaves; straight pumpkin, blueberry, dried cranberries, and raisens.
                  Each batch of makes two of each loaf, or three pies.

Comment

Customer just brought me a smash burger.... nummy!

Comment

Before I got married if we were working near my apartment at lunch time I'd have a couple lineman buddies up for lunch. They used to kid me about "making someone a good wife someday", sure enough I'm there! I heat some olive oil in a large frying pan, add a few large slightly crushed garlic sections and when they are hot I add the broccoli raab and cover (dash of salt).. Reduce heat and cook till tender ( I have a bad gut so they have to be real soft).
                      Tailgunner, you got me thinking I better make a meatloaf soon. Problem is I eat too much, wife is on weightwatchers (should be called watch other people eat). She did enjoy tonight's food but ate a sensible portion (made no sense to me).
                      I'm trying to get my elderly mother to come over some lunch time and show me how to fry up bows made from struffoli dough. You boil honey with orange peels and dip the fried dough in the honey. I gotta spend more time in the gym
                      I'm really pleased with the whole bread from scratch thing, takes some time but nice result.

Comment

YUM! That bread looks MIGHTY tasty! I would have enjoyed it, but only a small piece at a time. Gotta keep wasting away to thin! (HA)

But, I always enjoy home made bread.

Cathy
                        8^ )

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

My daughter, who just moved to Cambodia, has got braided bread down pat. I like watching the dough rise (and eating the finished product). My wife's meat loaf is ground turkey based. It tastes bettter than it sounds. My culinary activities are strictly charcoal based, though my pesto (made using home grown basil and garlic) is a crowd pleaser.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post

I'm really pleased with the whole bread from scratch thing, takes some time but nice result.
                            anything good requires time to make and is always worth the wait.
                            a good ratatouille bake takes a lot to prepare but is delicious and worth the effort
                            the recipe in the following link is excellent and is better when served on top of cheese ravioli and sprinkled with shredded cheddar and mozzarella

Cookbook:Ratatouille - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

this is a delightful dish that would appeal to vegans and meat lovers
                            shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

I didn't realize I had so much in common with you guys--you cook, I eat!!

Comment

Working...
                              X