X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality TV Lies?

A while back I was talking to a good neighbor about some of the stupid mistakes I see folks doing on some of the reality tv shows. He said he thought they make up a lot of that to make it more interesting. Well I've see some of them guys on tv, run out of gas, forget to put bullets in their guns and all sorts of other stupid things. Tonight however I think I caught them in a complete lie on Ax Men. One guy was driving a big dump truck and while backing up they said he was pumping the air brakes too much and the loss of air caused a loss of brakes! I've driven plenty of trucks with air brakes and what happens when you don't have enough air is that the brakes lock up, it's a safety feature. Unless I'm mistaken, I guess they are trying to make up things to add suspense? Frank

Re: Reality TV Lies?

every single one of the so called reality shows is produced, directed and scripted.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      every single one of the so called reality shows is produced, directed and scripted.
      Nobody would watch if they just filmed an actual day in the life of............ Those shows are no different than "professional" wrestling or roller derby, completely fake. Just the commercials alone for those Housewives of......... shows make me wonder what type of moron would marry such self centered, what's the word they use today, bee-aches that seem to be the norm for those shows?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I own an 18 Yd. Dump . No air NO MOVE !

Also on these free home 2 day renovations. I never see an inspection !!!! Especially done over a WEEKEND !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I like Bar Rescue. "I have three days to turn this business around" anybody that has ever owned a business or knows anything at all about business knows damn well that you can't turn Jack Squat around in three days much less can you totally renovate the entire interior and exterior in that amount of time, especially when day one is always spent screaming at the owners and employees.

My favorite bit of crap though is the storage guys. The skinny one and the fat guy with the tats on his head. Its funny because if you watch Pawn Stars (another scam show) you will see many of the exact same items come into their shop that were on the storage show last month.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Nobody would watch if they just filmed an actual day in the life of............ Those shows are no different than "professional" wrestling or roller derby, completely fake. Just the commercials alone for those Housewives of......... shows make me wonder what type of moron would marry such self centered, what's the word they use today, bee-aches that seem to be the norm for those shows?
            Dave, say it ain't so, Professional Wrestling is the sport of Kings! So pure and untainted that you can't bet on the outcome, two men, no protective gear square off in the squared circle.
            Those housewife shows are an eye opener. Some beautiful women, homes, cars, the whole bit, but they are all screwed up. I think by the end of the first season them women from california were all divorced. I guess their husbands were drawn in by their looks?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              I like Bar Rescue. "I have three days to turn this business around" anybody that has ever owned a business or knows anything at all about business knows damn well that you can't turn Jack Squat around in three days much less can you totally renovate the entire interior and exterior in that amount of time, especially when day one is always spent screaming at the owners and employees.

My favorite bit of crap though is the storage guys. The skinny one and the fat guy with the tats on his head. Its funny because if you watch Pawn Stars (another scam show) you will see many of the exact same items come into their shop that were on the storage show last month.
              I keep watching Pawn Stars cause I don't want to miss the show when Rick says "Enough of this Bull, Chum Lee you're fired!

Comment

I wonder how many couch potatoes watch these shows and imagine themselves actually doing some of these jobs? I would have a hard time on one of those Deadliest Catch boats even if it stayed dockedNo Axe Men work for this old guy, and don't even think of putting me in that Hardcore Pawn shop! Maybe a lot of the reality shows are sensational, but for the folks who are doing those things in real life I'm sure it's no joke. Can you imagine pulling a gator into a boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I wonder how many couch potatoes watch these shows and imagine themselves actually doing some of these jobs? I would have a hard time on one of those Deadliest Catch boats even if it stayed dockedNo Axe Men work for this old guy, and don't even think of putting me in that Hardcore Pawn shop! Maybe a lot of the reality shows are sensational, but for the folks who are doing those things in real life I'm sure it's no joke. Can you imagine pulling a gator into a boat?
                  Never had a gator in my boat--had a few jackasses, tho........

Comment

Yeah, I was watching a show this past weekend, something about "rescueing" a restaurant in two or three days. Lots of stuff going on including stripping the old place clean to the walls and redoing everything, including all new decor, painting, tables, etc. What really got me was with only 2-hours to the grand opening, the guy tells the carpenter that he wants five coats of poly on the new bar top!!!!

The carpenter says he's using oil base, and the big guy says he doesn't care... get R done! Hmmm, 5 coats of poly in just 2 hours and it's all supposed to be dried, cured, and no smell for the onslaught of dozens of new, excited patrons!

Sounded a lot like those home improvement shows that used to be on a couple of years ago! Too funny, but no reality.

CWS

Comment

The reality shows are known to be real only in the name. No truth lies behind them. Everything is made up to add suspense and thrill. All the cries in the singing talent shows and the breakthroughs in other talent shows are just framed to attract the audience..nothing else.
                      Harbor Freight Coupon

Comment

So let me get this straight....

you're telling me I can't completely remodel my kitchen in 22 minutes like they do on TV?

Bummer

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                          So let me get this straight....

you're telling me I can't completely remodel my kitchen in 22 minutes like they do on TV?

Bummer Cactus Man
                          Yes you can, if you are good at cutting and pasting video.

Comment

When I was a kid one of my favorite shows was "Queen for a Day". I loved the dial that measured the applause for the sappy stories.

Comment

I could never understand why they resort to using a sledge hammer to remove kitchen cabinets when they unscrew?

Comment

Working...
                              X