X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston Marathon bombing

CWS, a blackout on the story for a few days would give law enforcement folks a chance to investigate without making public every detail that might help them lead to an arrest. Just my opinion that waiting a week after the inital reporting would help.The general public and those guilty do not need to know exactly how the FBI is gathering information and how the process moves forward. I still believe not ever making public the names of mass murderers would help deter those looking for fame through their cowardly acts.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      O Frank don`t be like that I`m afraid to have an opinion

Tony
      Nothing to be afraid of, but you should have some better manner of expressing your opinions regarding loss of innocent lives wheter here in America or anywhere else. You must know the difference between freely speaking your thoughts and making an arse of yourself while insulting decent folks? Maybe you don't think of us as decent? If that's the case why bother to post, unless you are a troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        CWS, a blackout on the story for a few days would give law enforcement folks a chance to investigate without making public every detail that might help them lead to an arrest. Just my opinion that waiting a week after the inital reporting would help.The general public and those guilty do not need to know exactly how the FBI is gathering information and how the process moves forward. I still believe not ever making public the names of mass murderers would help deter those looking for fame through their cowardly acts.
        The LEO already have the right to withhold details that might help them make an arrest. A blackout would work both ways. Remember they are asking for the publics help in the investigation.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

They got the bastard !! Aman
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Frank,

As Mark just said, the local authorities and the FBI, or whoever has the right to withhold any and everything up to a certain point. The News folks do report what they are told by the investigating officials, but of course they also "speculate" and that's okay as long as they tell us it's not yet fact or proven.

And in this particular case, the investigating officials are 'opening the door' to any and all information that they can garner. This has all the implacations to become a very long investigation, but it could very well come about quickly too. Frankly, it takes some reall "balls" or massive stupidity to carry out this sort of thing. We live in a age of great technology, with surveilance everywhere and with thousands of people carrying cameras of one sort or another. Electronic exchanges like Twitter and Facebook are tremendous too and can all lead to never-before-seen "channels" that could well lead to suspects.

That information flow, along with our technological investigative abilities of analyzing fragments, can bring about remarkable "detective" work in finding the culprit or culprits. From my point of view, it won't be fast enough and punishment severe enough for this scum.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              They got the bastard !! Aman
              Media screws up again repeating stories from " sources not authorized to speak on the record". FBI has announced that nobody has been taken into custody at this time.

Comment

I'm just concerned the media will tip off the bad guy(s) regardless of what information the leo's withhold. There is nothing stopping concerned citizens from volunteering helpful information, they do not need the permission or help of the media. I think the more feedback the terrorists receive on what was found, or what is being examined, the more they will learn from their mistakes. We are not silencing free speech by hampering the guilty. Just my take on it all.

Comment

Outstanding work Mr. Colbert, I tip my hat and raise a glass to thee!
                  Commentary: Stephen Colbert got it right - Boston strong, comeback of Boston Marathon will be even stronger | masslive.com

Comment

National Anthem in Boston Video - NHL VideoCenter

Sorry for the commercial.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Suspect one is dead after shootout. Suspect two is believed to be exchanging gunfire now.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Oh lovely, the suspect may be tried in my hometown:
                        Trial of Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev could be held in Springfield, Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz says | masslive.com
                        I can only imagine the size of the news vehicle convoys clogging our already busy streets, especially since the new Federal building has even LESS parking than the original one did. At least with the old building, it had a large front concrete pad to put the news trucks out of the way. This one barely has anyplace to park much of anything. The last time we had a trial with this much press was that nurse that "Mercy Killed" four veterens at a local Soldier's Home.

Comment

Boston bombings are a big question mark on the security service. The convicted was carrying a gun which seemed to go unnoticed by security personnel. Two people died at the spot i guess and about 100 were injured. That was quite tragic.
                          Harbor Freight Coupon

Comment

Working...
                          X