X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Marathon bombing

Somewhere around 3pm, the news is reporting 2 bombs exploded.
    2 people reported killed and about 100 injured. I heard something about
    a 3rd bomb at the JFK Library, but not heard much about that so may not be true.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Boston Marathon bombing

That's My home. They will be caught. I hope they turn them over to the men in Southy !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Latest News is that the JFK Library was just a fire in a utility closet, so looks like coincidence.

Many of the wounded are critical according to the latest news at 7:00 EDST. Reportedly there were three bombs, one which did not go off and police now have that for analysis. Also reported is that there is surveilance video.

Prayers to all the victims and their loved ones,

CWS

Comment

What gets me is that once again, we have a what seems to be an act of terror, yet no claims of responsibility. Otherwise, it's a waste of effort, planning, resources, and finally, bombs.
        Think about it, we have a large annual event, in a major capitol, saturated with all kinds of media outlets recording every nanosecond. This act was prepared to have great public attention, yet seems designed for injury, rather than fatality.
        Still, to find the true villian behind this act, we need to look no further than whom stands to benefit from this event.

Comment

It is far too early to tell who is responsible for this although foreign cowards tend to claim responsibility immediately while the domestic cowards usually don't.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Among the dead is an eight year old boy, I sure hope there are no stupid comments aimed against America!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              That's My home. They will be caught. I hope they turn them over to the men in Southy !
              Make the culprit feel at home. If they stone or behead in his country, well then, extend the courtesy.

Comment

Still, this is a whole lot of effort to get attention, just to not give a message.

Comment

Well once again the "facts" within a couple of hours of this tragedy have now been found to be in error. This morning it is reported that there were only two bombs, both of which detonated and so no "disarmed" third bomb as all the media seemed to be so sure of last evening. (How do these little stories get started and why are they reported by all the channels and whatever happened to the old "verify, verify, verify... from three independant sources!)

So much tragedy, and much of it hitting just one family who was there to cheer for thier father. (10-year old boy dead, 6-year old sister lost a leg, and the mother/wife severe head wound and probable brain damage as reported this morning)

So far no foreign claims of responsibility for this, and perhaps BadgerDave is right that it may well be a domestic act. I would like to hope that this isn't so, but I told my wife yesterday, it may prove that way. We have too many hate mongerers in this country I think. The tragedy has happened, I hope it is NOT not the enemy within.

CWS

Comment

I understand it is a big, big story, but I wish there was less information made public about how the investigation was going. Keep silent on how and what the FBI is looking for so the guilty may not learn from their mistakes. I wish there could be inital reporting and then a news black out for a couple days. We accomplish nothing aside from sensationalizing these evil deeds by repeating the deatils over and over, day after day. As of last night I'm sure everyone knows what happened in Boston, let the healing begin and let the authorities proceed uninterupted

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      I understand it is a big, big story, but I wish there was less information made public about how the investigation was going. Keep silent on how and what the FBI is looking for so the guilty may not learn from their mistakes. I wish there could be inital reporting and then a news black out for a couple days. We accomplish nothing aside from sensationalizing these evil deeds by repeating the deatils over and over, day after day. As of last night I'm sure everyone knows what happened in Boston, let the healing begin and let the authorities proceed uninterupted
                      exactly but you cant control the vulture journalists
                      shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gnuuser View Post
                        exactly but you cant control the vulture journalists
                        Every time there is an incident like this and all the bad reporting that goes on I think of last few lines of the the Don Henley song about the news media - Dirty Laundry

"We can do "The Innuendo"
                        We can dance and sing
                        When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
                        We all know that Crap is King "

Comment

Oh what a wonderful world we would have if we could do this. A total blackout including what the authorities do to the criminals or others. Stuff the civil libertarians, eye for an eye would surely make some question the value of their actions. The press only act as a teacher for these bastards. Terrorism fails when they don't get the publicity. All we should do now is extend our prayers and sorrow to the victims and their respective families. Lets ban buying papers and teach them a lesson. The truth will come out eventually.

Comment

Among the dead is an eight year old boy, I sure hope there are no stupid comments aimed against America!
                            O Frank don`t be like that I`m afraid to have an opinion

Tony

Comment

"The Press" has always been a problem... but, while I don't like what we see and hear, I think the "silencing" that you propose would raise some major problems with the very citizenry that is complaining. Only then you'd be yelling "coverup" and "conspiracy". You'd be screeming that Obama is a "Dictator" trying to keep the people from knowing the truth, etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line is that no matter what is done, most people will be angry and suspicious and complaining.

But that said, I think the news organization just love this kind of stuff... it's all about ratings, about getting your "nose" in there and about being "On TOP" and key to the news reporting process. As so when they hear a rumor or listen to some guy say something, or even get the scoop on what another reporter or news broadcaster says, IT gets echoed and enhanced and before you can count to two, everybody is reporting it as gosphel.

A good example to me, was the late afternoon of CBS's reporting. I thought it was stated with caution, and stories were paraphrased with the usual cautions of uncertainty about the story they had just heard. AND, right in the middle of this the local station cut in and took almost 20 minutes to just get thier "face" in the middle of this with a phone contact from a local runner who was there with friends. The telephone interview added absolutely nothing, other than the fellow on the other end of the line, saying that he and his friends were all okay and that they weren't near the center of the bombing, but understood the chaos that was there. Absolutely zip to add, other than the fact that the local station news group felt the need to get their "mugs" on the screen in the midst of this story, and in the process took the audiences attention away from the national reporting that was at the scene!

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X