Weak Constitution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weak Constitution?

I'm a registered Republican. Honestly I'm sick of the system that allows/encourages two parties to pander to groups they need votes from rather than just doing the right thing. I align more with a conservative mindset but the extremists on both sides irritate me. Hypocrisy on both sides abounds and people who eat and breathe their parties agenda generally have turned a deaf ear to any other views.

And nothing grates on me more than people who think we'd all agree with them if we just "understood". It's arrogance at it's finest to dismiss everyone that disagrees with you as stupid and/or ignorant.

Comment

I'm also a registered Republican and have been so since the mid-sixties, when I was first able to vote.

But what you are registered as, doesn't and shouldn't reflect how you vote! I vote for my country, NOT for my party and in the last decade my party has leaned so far to the right that I can't have good conscience about the people they run at the top. Regardless of my party affiliation, I will never vote against the middle class majority.

So, while I couldn't vote at the time of Goldwater, but I would have. I voted for Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush, but not little Bush!

To say that 99.9% of us are left-leaning and thus are "civil", is sort of a view that I would find surprising coming from a true "Constitutionalist". Given that feeling, then I guess it can be said then, that it is only that 0.01% who contribute all the animosity of the forum. That of course would be an unfair view of that individual.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        What is so wrong with the republican agenda? Balanced budget, spending cuts, border enforcement, and so on? The only thing wrong is that it's not popular.
        Balanced budget and spending cuts... nothing whatsoever, as long as you balance it fairly. And to do that you need increased revenues... The Republican's have spent the last 30 years giving the upper classes massive tax cuts and since then the budget has been in debt. The middle-class has seen it's income continually go down, while the rich have massively increased thier incomes. And budget cuts most effect the middle and lower class... we're already seeing this sequester-thing being changed, to benefit those who have the advantages, but the lower class still get's the burdens.

Border enforcement - There has been a very pronounced increase in border protection, and far more deportations then ever before. You forget that the massive influx of "illegals" occurred under the last administration. You may also not be listening to the problems that are occurring in our agricultural industry, because they are finding the workers they need.

And so-on... Like we really need another war? Like more tax cuts to give us "trickle-down" economy and generate more jobs... like have been the excuses of all Republican government since Reagan? (instead with those tax cuts, we've lost millions of jobs) Or maybe loosening up regulation so the oil and gas companies can cause further envirionmental damage, and export our natural resources to Europe and Asia for ever-increasing record profits while we still give them tax-payer "corporate welfare". Maybe the "so-on" would be loosening up Wall Street and investment banking and realestate so more people will loose their savings, buy houses that they could never have afforded, and allow Billions to be stolen from a middle class that has lost their jobs and then their savings to unregulated banking schemes. Last thing we need in this country is any more Republican "so-on".

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          Balanced budget and spending cuts... nothing whatsoever, as long as you balance it fairly. And to do that you need increased revenues... The Republican's have spent the last 30 years giving the upper classes massive tax cuts and since then the budget has been in debt. The middle-class has seen it's income continually go down, while the rich have massively increased thier incomes. And budget cuts most effect the middle and lower class... we're already seeing this sequester-thing being changed, to benefit those who have the advantages, but the lower class still get's the burdens.

Border enforcement - There has been a very pronounced increase in border protection, and far more deportations then ever before. You forget that the massive influx of "illegals" occurred under the last administration. You may also not be listening to the problems that are occurring in our agricultural industry, because they are finding the workers they need.

And so-on... Like we really need another war? Like more tax cuts to give us "trickle-down" economy and generate more jobs... like have been the excuses of all Republican government since Reagan? (instead with those tax cuts, we've lost millions of jobs) Or maybe loosening up regulation so the oil and gas companies can cause further envirionmental damage, and export our natural resources to Europe and Asia for ever-increasing record profits while we still give them tax-payer "corporate welfare". Maybe the "so-on" would be loosening up Wall Street and investment banking and realestate so more people will loose their savings, buy houses that they could never have afforded, and allow Billions to be stolen from a middle class that has lost their jobs and then their savings to unregulated banking schemes. Last thing we need in this country is any more Republican "so-on".

CWS
          CWS, I did not forget the prior administration and all the praise given to vincente fox as illegals came and went. ROLF's post was something I could agree with and have been saying all along. I voted for Presidenbt Obama first time around and got increased health care costs and more inflation. The country seems to suffer under each of the parties. They do need to come together for the good of the country and we the people but I doubt that will happen. Yeah the republicans stole from the middle class to help the wealthy and the democrats steal from the middle class to help the poor. Poor? Food stamps, cell phones, internet!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Really? How many of you guys are registered democrats? I'm not. I'm still a registered republican although supporting the party gets harder all the time, but I'm hoping that maybe they will come back to reason someday.
            Judging by your comments over the years, I don't recognize most of it with the Republican party ideas.

Comment

To say that 99.9% of us are left-leaning and thus are "civil", is sort of a view that I would find surprising coming from a true "Constitutionalist". Given that feeling, then I guess it can be said then, that it is only that 0.01% who contribute all the animosity of the forum. That of course would be an unfair view of that individual.

CWS
              Who interprets which group of people on this forum contributes to the animosity? I didn't realize a difference of opinion from yours was considered animosity, and I'm didn't realize the things you type were so politically correct. How dare I or anyone else to make an argument otherwise.

I think the term R.I.N.O. fits best here.

Comment

"...that it is only that 0.01% who contribute all the animosity of the forum. That of course would be an unfair view of that individual."

This implies only one person is the source, but 0.01% would be ~384 (rounded off), which
                is about the number of active members out of the total 38,000+ forum membership.

For those of you who don't see the humor implied here please take note of the smiley
                indicating something meant to be funny.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

shouldn't reflect how you vote!
                  maybe, but doesn't how you are registered help decide where congressional districts are drawn, or redrawn for that matter?
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Hey call me paranoid, but is all this animosity stuff directed at me

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Hey call me paranoid, but is all this animosity stuff directed at me
                      Oh no, say it aint so, Frank is a diva!
                      ================================================== ====
                      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        99.9% of the respondents in this thread are left leaning individuals.

So lets not break any arms by patting yourselves on the back for a civil conversation...it was expected.

It was YOU who said, that 99.9% of us "left-leaning" folks were the "civil conversation"... so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, and considered only a fraction of the remaining 0.1% must be those not civil.

Gee, did you find my agreement with you as being disagreeble?

Agreeing or not agreeing is okay, but you do appear to be the label expert so I'll bow to your judgements.

CWS
                        Last edited by CWSmith; 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                          Oh no, say it aint so, Frank is a diva!
                          Beats being called a liberal, or conservative

Comment

but you do appear to be the label expert so I'll bow to your judgements.

CWS
                            Label expert No...watching what people type and taking them at their word...yes!

Comment

It's all you Frankie.

If I really believed that the republicans gave a crap about a balanced budget, securing boarders, bringing manufacturing back etc, I would support them but their past record proves otherwise. They continue to hide behind a sense of false moral indignation and pander to social issues that have no place in a true conservative platform. A true conservative would have no business involving themselves with religious and social issues or trying to mold society into their utopian view of the world post WWII. They steadfastly cling to policies that are clearly regressive in nature and frankly, impossible to implement. Their platform is short sighted and impractical and clearly not what the majority of Americans want from their government. Worst of all though is the continual spate of tired old men that have been on the public teat for decades who have the temerity to call themselves outsiders. I guess I'm just sick of the same old ideas, faces and platitudes, and that's from both parties. I'd like to be a libertarian but again, the guy carrying the flag is a 20 plus year veteran of the government teat who claims to be somehow different, when in fact he has spent the last 20 years fattening his wallet and accomplishing very little of value to his constituency. In short, the whole system is rotten to the core and it is further bolstered by both wings of the media who claim the moral high ground but are in fact more interested in their stock price than the welfare of the people. So my friend, when you decide that my view of the world is left leaning you may be correct in some cases but I am in fact more conservative than 90% of those making the same claim.
                              Last edited by NHMaster3015; 04-30-2013, 08:33 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Why do you get to decide what defines a conservative?

Comment

Working...
                                X