X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT HOME Act

LoBiondo Introduces “AT HOME Act” to Keep Military Demonstration Teams Stateside

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Representative Frank A. LoBiondo (NJ-02) today introduced legislation that would restrict popular taxpayer-paid aviation demonstration teams from performing at international air shows. In light of the tightened budget at the Department of Defense (DoD) that has grounded the teams this year from participating in air shows such as the annual Atlantic City Air Show or Millville Air Show, LoBiondo introduced the “Aviation Teams Helping Our Municipalities’ Economies (AT HOME) Act of 2013” to ensure domestic performances are prioritized above requests from abroad should the teams resume performing..

What are your thoughts on this? If you support it let your Congressman know.
    Seems logical to me that IF they get the funds to resume flying that they do it here
    as each of those performaces helps the local economies, while performing overseas does little for us. we don't need to show our military might to impress anyone, we know what we can do and those that don't will find out the hard way if they get on our bad side.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: AT HOME Act

I think it's a great idea that needs to be expanded. This AT HOME concept should also be applied to the foreign aid waste programs we now have.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Bob,
      You didn't happen to be in the South China Sea in '68? I just happened to be in that neighborhood when I heard those 16" guns pounding the DMZ.

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
        Bob,
        You didn't happen to be in the South China Sea in '68? I just happened to be in that neighborhood when I heard those 16" guns pounding the DMZ.
        Afraid not. in '68 I was halfway through HS and my number was 214. Didn't make it.
        Looking back I wish I had joined right out of HS but went on to college to study architecture.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X