X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows your memory kids ??????????

What was Your 1st cell phone , What was the phone # , And what were the QUIRKS ????

Myself, I wish I could remember. I do remember Bob, the Diesel Mech. throwing a big leather case [ box] out the window of His service truck, swearing ! Yes , He got out and Picked it up the HUGE cell phone assembly .
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Hows your memory kids ??????????

Color me a dinosaur, even in 2013, I still get by rather nicely without a cell phone.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Color me a dinosaur, even in 2013, I still get by rather nicely without a cell phone.

You, Sir, are a dinosaur

Wouldn't be without mine I chit canned the wired phone over a decade ago. I love doing jobs on the fly

Comment

Remind, what was the question

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

What is a cell phone? Is that something for prisoners?

Comment

I can't remember what my cell phone number was/is. It's a Motorola, C-139... only cell phone I've ever had, and still have. I can talk and text, but don't know how to text as it seems rather numb and inefficient (Morse code would be faster). Now, according to my phone log I've used up about 20 hours of time over the last six or seven years! It's a GO-phone, I pay $100 a year for it and have just about $475 credit, which I find a real challenge... I need to get it down to $400 before the middle of June, in order to buy another $100.

Hey, I only got this thing for emergencies when I'm traveling.

Now, if you want to know the VERY first phone number I ever had, it was "31538"... I was living in Binghamton, I was only about six or so and my Mommy and Daddy told me it was VERY, VERY important that I remember that number! (Damn, I was such a good little boy back in the early 50's!)

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 04-29-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Mine was an audiovox bag phone, the number was 312 1530 and every call cost about ten bucks coming or going.
              sigpic

Comment

Mine was an NEC brick linked to the truck horn it took 24 hours to charge the batteries and cost me $3000,00 in 1991

Tony

Comment

Mitsubishi cellular phone, late 80s, early 90s. As I recall, 60 cents per minute.

Mark
                  Attached Files
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mine was a truck mounted unit from Telstra(our main Telco Company). Then I had a Motorolla half-brick. Couple of Nokias and now APPLE all the way. I-phone 3 then recent upgrade to I-phone 5. God we get sucked in don't we...................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can't remember 1st cell number. It was only a decade or so ago. A black Motorola, the one that came with some crappy games. I played "snake" a lot.

This was a fun memory thing though...

Got a Master combo lock for gym use, one of the three number combo spinning dial ones. First few days using it I kept wanting to put in the wrong combo. 10-21-35 just seemed to come out of my brain for some reason and I had to think to not put that in. Finally realized that was the combo to the lock I used all thru jr. high and high school.
                      Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Nokia 232, still have it in my desk drawer as a prop. Its weight nearly classifies it as a weapon. Got it when it first came out, and my bill was around $13/mo.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Mitsubishi cellular phone, late 80s, early 90s. As I recall, 60 cents per minute.

Mark
                          Same here man.
                          Battery Chargers

Comment

1997, Aerial Communications, Nokia 2190. Phone number is the same one today! Aerial became Voice Stream in 2000 iirc, then T-Mobile a few years later. Then I jumped ship in 2010 and moved after 13 years to Verizon. It was somewhat emotional to divorce ones self from a company that had been quite good at customer service for so long, but at the time was way behind in the smart phone arena. Verizon has grown on me, and after a couple junk HTC phones, I'm now in procession of a Motorola RAZR MAXX and quite satisfied. In 97, I moved departments at Best Buy from computers to wireless devices when digital mobile phone service was just introduced. Aerial was that company in our market. Employees got a sweet discount, 12.00 a month w/1000 minutes included and per second billing over that. Had that plan for 6 years!

Comment

First one was a bag phone and what I do remember it had great reception anywhere compared to the other phones at that time. Can't remember the number. Now use an I-phone 5 and never leave home without it. Dumped the land line this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X