Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

    News from The Associated Press



    Tell me,


    How many of you have daughters, young daughters that now have access to this, believing that all sins are forgiven if you take this pill the day after the deed is done.


    This really gives the mentality of many young women the disaster proceeding to have as much fun as possible because there's quick access to solving all problems the next day, the abortion pill.

    How many instances will come of this that someone waited two days, then turns around and sues this design thinking it's a destroyer of all sperm/egg.



    Another disturbing turn in the value of life, and how it is slowly being disintegrated slowly by the political powers that be.
    21
    Do not agree with this latest move by the FDA
    33.33%
    7
    Do agree with the latest move by the FDA
    28.57%
    6
    think democrats are to blame
    28.57%
    6
    think republicans are to blame
    9.52%
    2
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

  • #2
    Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

    I agree with the FDA, and I'll tell you why:

    When she makes a "mistake", she isn't the one paying for it, we are.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

      I don't want to support any more professional mothers, while the guys who got them pregnant disappear. Abortion is the killing of a human life, plain and simple, so the morning after pill just does the deed early on. I wish birth control was mandatory for every single female capable of getting pregnant. The only way a female would get pregnant was to prove intent, prove who the potential father was and how they would support the child financially and emotionally. Parenthood is serious business, getting pregnant is not! We cannot stop these people from having unprotected sex, and by "these people" I mean every male and female. How many more late term abortions or welfare children will be acceptable? Hand out the pills and condoms and let them all go to hell.
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 05-01-2013, 06:33 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

        As the year goes by I'm thankful my daughter isn't pregnant! I talked to other fathers about this and we with girls all share the same fear!
        One time the topic came up again and this old bloke I know a real salt of the earth pipes up n says...
        "I know my girl will never use the pill and will never get pregnant"
        I asked "how do know she'll never get knocked up"
        He says " I know her secret"
        So we asked, "What's the secret?"
        He says " She's looks just like me n she's a lesbian"
        We all cracked up laughing cos Joe's no looker, he looks like a dockworker who's had one too many brawls
        Then he follows up with the comment...
        Oh well at least me and my misses won't have to babysit any grand kids when they want to go partying!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

          Welcome to the Forum! Frank

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

            Tough issue for the right wing conservatives. On the one hand they are morally outraged by abortion and on the other hand they are morally outraged at having to pay for social welfare programs. Most of the rhetoric I'm hearing is indignation at the FDA's policy while beating the podium for personal responsibility. What they fail to address though is what happens when that personal responsibility is not met. They don't seem to understand that the world is full of irresponsible people. Kind of a catch 22 ain't it. It's is a good issue though to gauge whether you truly are a "conservative" or someone that thinks they are.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Tough issue for the right wing conservatives. On the one hand they are morally outraged by abortion and on the other hand they are morally outraged at having to pay for social welfare programs. Most of the rhetoric I'm hearing is indignation at the FDA's policy while beating the podium for personal responsibility. What they fail to address though is what happens when that personal responsibility is not met. They don't seem to understand that the world is full of irresponsible people. Kind of a catch 22 ain't it. It's is a good issue though to gauge whether you truly are a "conservative" or someone that thinks they are.
              NHM, I agree it's a tough one for conservatives. I posted my thoughts, what are yours?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

                Morality, integrity, honesty, family values..... All going down the crapper in favor of greed and avarice. The fall of the empire is always preceded by corruption and excess. We have muddled through almost 250 years of personal and societal excess. It's only a matter of time.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

                  I am appalled by the notion of a girl being able to kill. I think it will lead to big problems later on down the road. Abortion is abortion. They are not ready for sex nor are they ready to make the decision to kill. We as a society are giving these girls the weight we should be helping them carry through. It is also too easy to make/give the girl the pill. I also do not think making it mandatory for a girl to have certain forms of birth control due to what it does to their bodies. I do believe there are certain reasons to get an abortion. An "accident" is not one of these reasons.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • conductor fault locating
                  • and other specialties.


                  Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ..........
                    Last edited by gear junkie; 06-03-2018, 12:27 PM.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

                      Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                      I am appalled by the notion of a girl being able to kill. I think it will lead to big problems later on down the road. Abortion is abortion. They are not ready for sex nor are they ready to make the decision to kill. We as a society are giving these girls the weight we should be helping them carry through. It is also too easy to make/give the girl the pill. I also do not think making it mandatory for a girl to have certain forms of birth control due to what it does to their bodies. I do believe there are certain reasons to get an abortion. An "accident" is not one of these reasons.
                      NHM, hit it on the head with his remark about "excess". I agree with most of what you said. My post is over the top and unrealistic but given our society nothing short of what I suggested will change things. We have a massive excess of irresponsible people giving birth to children they are unable or unwilling to properly parent. The excesses of opportunity for females to have unprotected sex with irresponsible males of any age along with access to drugs and alcohol put fuel on the fire. The excess for excuses for irresponsible behavior far outweigh the consequences. Society has a bandaid for all the bad behavior, if you eat too much there is surgery or medical treatment if you choose to continue to kill yourself with food. Smoke too much and there's a whole host of medical treatments to keep you alive. Gambling, drinking, sex and every other addition has some after the fact support. We actually cherish as sacred the lives of pedophiles, rapists and murderers to the point of releasing them back into society where many reoffend. Excess seems to weak a word!

                      Of course we can't force birth control on females or males for that matter, and we can't stop them from having unprotected, irresponsible sex. The result is abortion, after abortion because it probably will not become illegal again and if it did that would not fix the cause. Our society is broke financially, and there are not enough facilities to support all the unwanted pregnancies, or loving homes to take the chlidren if carried to term. The situation remains horrible, disgraceful, unavoidable and a sad comment of how we as a society deal with this issue of life and death. No, we can't force birth control, and we can't stop abortions, so at the very least end the unwanted, unborn life before it develops into more of a human being. Pretty horrible thought, but truthful!
                      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 05-05-2013, 10:00 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

                        Is this a debate about birth control or abortion?

                        A morning after pill is no more an abortion than an IUD, a condom or monthly birth control pills. The morning after pills can either delay the release of a woman's egg so conception never takes place (similar result as a condom) or act as a chemical version of an IUD in a sense it interferes with an embryos ability (by throwing of a woman's hormones) to implant in her uterine wall. Where as a mechanical IUD irritates the lining in a woman's uterus so the embryo doesn't implant.

                        As for comparing this form of birth control to an actual abortion. Please research the difference in the two before you pass judgement on another option for not only young teens, but women in general to exercise their right to determine what happens to their bodies.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

                          Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
                          Is this a debate about birth control or abortion?

                          A morning after pill is no more an abortion than an IUD, a condom or monthly birth control pills. The morning after pills can either delay the release of a woman's egg so conception never takes place (similar result as a condom) or act as a chemical version of an IUD in a sense it interferes with an embryos ability (by throwing of a woman's hormones) to implant in her uterine wall. Where as a mechanical IUD irritates the lining in a woman's uterus so the embryo doesn't implant.

                          As for comparing this form of birth control to an actual abortion. Please research the difference in the two before you pass judgement on another option for not only young teens, but women in general to exercise their right to determine what happens to their bodies.
                          Thanks, and about what I said earlier...Never mind

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

                            Right to choose applies to ending the life of an unborn child, but it doesn't apply to the size of slurpee you want to drink.

                            How is that for logic?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 15 year old girls now have access to the morning after pill - FDA approved - OTC

                              Oh for the love of GOD.
                              Sigh...

                              First off, when it comes to logic, do many women really operate logically?
                              Second, when was the last time a 15 year old girl ask her parents to do something stupid?
                              Third, since we are discussing adulthood, a young woman making the mature decision to receive birth control pills, demonstrates that she is capable of making responsible choices.

                              Look guys, in case you haven't noticed we live in a world were our actions could lead to a very direct result of causing harm to ourselves for decades, yet we use various artificial objects that really don't make any sense. Would a sane man walk into an area that can be hazardous? We often do. So instead of avoiding the hazards, we would rather put funny hats on, stuff foamy objects into our ears so we can't hear, wear eyepieces that obstruct our view, and put on gloves so we can't feel our way around. Yeah, we are a real brilliant bunch aren't we?

                              It's a dangerous world out there, these pills are simply another safety measure in a world where anything can happen. So with these meds, should that condom break, or worse, forget to put the condom on, entire lives don't get destroyed.

                              Another way to look at it is this, Somebody, somewhere, looked at actual reality, and stated, "Yep that is what it is, and it's bad, here is one way we can treat it." Yet, too many goddamn times the only people (And far too many at that) opposed to these measures always are the ones that blather on incessantly with the world's "how things should be" and blind idealism. Yeah, how is that "virtues of abstinence" speech working out? Kinda pointless to preach that topic when the girl in question has already lost her virginity. Want to know what the worst part is? A man in Michigan, whom gave his 15 year old daughter "the speech" on puberty, only to be on the receiving end of her confession to already had sex when she was 14 behind his back. We live in a country where that man is now on that state's sex offender registry because he bought his daughter condoms to prevent her from an unwanted pregnancy since she was now sexually active.

                              This topic ranks right up there with banning sex education in public high schools.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X