Taxing smokers - Is it right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taxing smokers - Is it right?

Now those who are cynical might say that the red-headed kamikaze and her band of merry losers are using the famous political distraction tactics. Don't talk about the state of the economy, deflect attention with emotional and controversial topics. Mind you if you guys didn't "super-size" we would be ok down here. Your marketing experts have been flogging it down here for ages. Like smoking, tax it and ewhere do they get the lost revenue from????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
      Now those who are cynical might say that the red-headed kamikaze and her band of merry losers are using the famous political distraction tactics. Don't talk about the state of the economy, deflect attention with emotional and controversial topics. Mind you if you guys didn't "super-size" we would be ok down here. Your marketing experts have been flogging it down here for ages. Like smoking, tax it and ewhere do they get the lost revenue from????????????????
      I`m starting to think you have a hard on for the red head the way you are talking about her is it the way she walks or her large back side or even th botox that has flatened her forhead just above her new glasses or the way she talks with that slow motion ocker Austrlian tone that grinds on your mind every time she opens her mouth

Tony

Comment

I very much object to targeted taxes on items that people consider "sinful" or otherwise open due to public sentiment. Smokers are easy targets because there are relatively few of them, not many are successful at quitting, and the tobacco industry has deep pockets to keep the product flowing. I also object to taxing alcohol and fuel the way it is done now.

Comment

This happens all the time in NY state. Raise the smoker tax, tax the indian (reservation) cigs... I don't smoke but I don't think that taxing someone will prevent them from keeping their habit. NY found that out by raising the tax. Smokers then went to other, non-taxed, routes. Such as our native population. NY got the idea that taxing the natives, contrary to treaties, would resolve the problem... the natives rioted, sued, and burned piles of tires on the thruways which ran thru their reservation. I support the natives and will happily supply them with tires...
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
          X