Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacket patches

heres an idea
    how about jacket patches with the forum logo on it.
    might make a neat little fund raising tool
    shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Re: jacket patches

Isn't enough to buy and use their tools. Do you really want to advertise for them for free too?
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, we have to help Ridgid! If we help with free advertising maybe they can make more cordless tools? What's the harm? There are plenty of companies offering baseball caps, belt buckles and all sorts of freebies that promote their name while offering the consumer something of use. Come on Ridgid make that patch, put it on a size large jacket and send it to me, I'll were it proudly.

Comment

Heh, when it comes to doing things for free, I like to refer to an incident in the new testament:
        Jesus witnessed an elderly woman donating two dinari to a temple and pronounced, "This woman has clearly supported the Lord greater than all! For a rich man gives out of abundance, but this woman gave her all!"

So, as a token gesture for Ridgid to longtime customers of their products, while incentivizing free advertising, would be offering the common man a free Ridgid Coffee mug to any tradesman that purchases a tool kit!

Comment

It's not free. Businesses give nothing away for free. The benefit to the corporation will always be greater than the percieved value of the "gift"
          sigpic

Comment

I have seen company's do promotions, that include a hat or a tee shirt, so some wearable Item that has there logo or name, on it, or a cup or some thing similar,
            I have seen Dewalt do this a few times, and I have bought there promotional items as they were the same price as the item with out the promotional item,
            John Deere has there stuff Official collectibles, on a system much like the NFL, one can get "official", items any where from pencils to curtains to frying pans, and most any thing in between,

I am am guessing that Ridgid, does not include a hat or a coupon for a shirt, or jacket, in there "big tools", I have never seen a hat on the side of the box, as a "free gift".

quick search, https://www.buypromosonline.com/Head...Caps/subcat-58 I looks like one can get caps for about $2.00 each in bulk, but I am sure Ridgid knows this,

I wold think table saws and power tools should qualify for at least a cap, and even smaller tools include some small collectible as well,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I object to advertising for anyone for free.
              sigpic

Comment

NHM, where is your spirit of the communal good? Pipestone Kid, I have to say I'm disappointed in you backing up this selfish attitude. We should be working together without looking for a reward, this "what's in it for me" way of thinking goes against ideal of working for the betterment of all above the gains of the individual. I think it's only fair to wear the patch, baseball cap and any other Ridgid logo as a way of saying thanks for the Forum.
                Did any of you have bumper stickers with a Presidential candidate? Free advertising! I rest my case.

Comment

NO bumper stickers. What has ridgid ever done for you? Believe me, this forum is not primarily for your benefit as much as it is too benefit Ridgid and I'm only picking on them because of the venue. Ridgid is certainly not the only company to engage in "free" marketing techniques. Personally, I try real hard not to wear anything that shouts the manufacturers name. Honestly, who gives a crap if you have a Dewalt hat on? Oooooohh. He's wearing a ridgid hat so I'll go out and buy a ridgid drill? People are sheep and advertisers know us all too well
                  sigpic

Comment

Unlike politicians, manufacturers actually give us something of use in return for our loyalty. Baaah, baaah, baaah, NHM I agree we are all sheep. Very few free thinkers, folks are actualy defending the President, democrats and republicans, baaah, baaah, baah. We should be wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      NO bumper stickers. What has Ridgid ever done for you?
                      I am not one for free advertising much either, (but to day I wore my round up tee shirt to town). Not to give Ridgid free advertizing, but it is a nice shirt and I am not ashamed to wear it either,

Ridgid has provided me with qualiy and high quality tools that I enjoy using, and I do think they are a company that I have no problem with wearing or drinking from a cup that has there name on it,

I have seen pictures of some peoples shops and my guess is if they cut them selves they bleed orange, they have invested much time and money investing in there shops and to them it is there pride and joy, so what is wrong for them to express that pride and excitement to others, by wearing a tee shirt or hat.

in farm country John Deere, is all most cult like by some people, most of my stuff is green (tractors and combine), I even have a john Deere fry pan, and some other items that have there logo on it,
                      I am not ashamed of the tools I use, they have served me well, and would buy again,

but there are people who collect ever thing that is green and has the John Deere logo past and present, including there toys and tractors,

so if some one has the pride in there Ridgid tools, and wants others to know there pride of there tools so what,

Just like the yesterday I ordered from a company called Sweet water, they deal in electronics, when I opened up the package there was a small bag of candy in the package, I felt it was nice little thank you gift and going that step above and beyond the normal, I appreciated it, and most likely I will check out there items next time I have a need they could fill,

It is nice to be treated like a person and a partner, rather than just a source of the pay check,

It is nice to be appreciated, and I am sure the company and it people are encouraged when they are appreaceated as well,
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post

in farm country John Deere, is all most cult like by some people, most of my stuff is green (tractors and combine), I even have a john Deere fry pan, and some other items that have there logo on it,

JD is a bad word on this farm... everything here is Massey Ferguson red
                        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                          JD is a bad word on this farm... everything here is Massey Ferguson red
                          at least your blood is the correct color, when Agco adsorbed Massey, there was not any Massey dealers left in our area, only recently has one AgCo dealer haves a few smaller tractors on his lot, I liked massey as well, my first combine was a massey it was a good machine,
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Agco took over lots of stuff. The Fendt tractors are awesome machines and are green, too.
                            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Unlike politicians, manufacturers actually give us something of use in return for our loyalty.
                              Like what? Not answering phone calls or emails sent to CS? NOT stocking parts for tools they sell. Not listening to user requests for features and tools they would buy.
                              Making us jump through hoops to get a warrantry claim processed. Making us jump through hoops of fire to register for the much touted LSA.

Looks to me like all they are giving is a swift kick in the nuts.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X