X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home Depot promotions

Any home Depot managers here? Any Ridgid tool salesmen/representatives here?

I have questions for you......

Husky, Ryobi, and Ridgid tools are the "official" product offered by home Depot..right?

Kobalt is Lowe's....They promote the line and support the line!

When you go into a Home Depot you see at the aisle ends [high visibility] Dewalt, Milwaukee,
    and Ryobi power tools....why not Ridgid power tools?
    Home Depot seems to treat the Ridgid power tool line like a bastard stepson they really do not
    want around......

You advertise more for Ryobi than Ridgid ...why?
    You have most Ryobi products on the shelves available but not Ridgid...WHY?
    You do not carry any Ridgid consumables ...but do carry a limited amount of Ryobi consumables...WHY?

Home Depot could have increased Ridgid sales but forces us to go to E-bay or CPO or other
    places to find Ridgid battery powered tools....WHY?

Why don't you promote Ridgid tools more than Hilti, Dewalt, Milwaukee and others....????
    Ridgid tools is supposed to be a licensed product line unique to Home Depot..true or false?

The only aspect of Home Depot selling Ridgid power tools is the LSA program. Other places that sell
    Ridgid power tools can not offer the LSA..WHY NOT? If I'm paying retail for a new tool
    why would the manufacturer care..as long as I register the tool properly....

If buying from Home Depot is the ONLY criteria for the LSA program why is it Home Depot does not support the product line????

I have been a loyal Ridgid power tool user since around 2005. I never realized the Ridgid line is AEG or FUEGO
    relabeled tools until recently.....can anyone explain this unusual relationship?

At the bottom of this webpage "contact us Ridge tool company" at the top of the web page "RIDGID"
    I know there is a separation between the plumbing line and the power tool line but.....
    This is confusing!

Ridge tool company is the license owner of "Ridgid tools"? and TTI or one technology is the "factory" in China
    that manufactures the orange tools?.....Does that include the AEG and FUEGO tools?

The more I look into this the more confusing it becomes....

Who decides what tools are manufactured? Who designs them? Who determines when to obsolete a tool?
    Who decides when to stop supporting a tool? As an example the R888 18V hand planer.....it's an excellent tool
    But Home Depot never inventoried replacement spiral blades.....Amazon did, E-bay did, M&D mower did etc.
    And today you have obsoleted the blades..any idea as to what we can do with a planer without blades?

Cactus Man

Re: home Depot promotions

Very excellent rant......you do bring up many points of concern but all of those points have been brought up and discussed many times since 2005. The simple answer is that Ridge Tool, the only real RIDGID IMO, makes the plumbing line of elec. and hand tools, and the shop vacuums. Pretty much all the rest is made and sold by TTI. Ridge Tool does get paid money by TTI to let TTI use the RIDGID Trademark and ruin the RIDGID reputation. TTI owns many many companies; Milwaukee Tool, AEG, Ryobi to name just a few. I would tell you to use the Search feature here to find some of the older threads on these subject but.........we all know how well that feature works.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: home Depot promotions

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
      Any home Depot managers here? Any Ridgid tool salesmen/representatives here?

I have questions for you......

Husky, Ryobi, and Ridgid tools are the "official" product offered by home Depot..right?

Kobalt is Lowe's....They promote the line and support the line!

When you go into a Home Depot you see at the aisle ends [high visibility] Dewalt, Milwaukee,
      and Ryobi power tools....why not Ridgid power tools?
      Home Depot seems to treat the Ridgid power tool line like a bastard stepson they really do not
      want around......

You advertise more for Ryobi than Ridgid ...why?
      You have most Ryobi products on the shelves available but not Ridgid...WHY?
      You do not carry any Ridgid consumables ...but do carry a limited amount of Ryobi consumables...WHY?

Home Depot could have increased Ridgid sales but forces us to go to E-bay or CPO or other
      places to find Ridgid battery powered tools....WHY?

Why don't you promote Ridgid tools more than Hilti, Dewalt, Milwaukee and others....????
      Ridgid tools is supposed to be a licensed product line unique to Home Depot..true or false?

The only aspect of Home Depot selling Ridgid power tools is the LSA program. Other places that sell
      Ridgid power tools can not offer the LSA..WHY NOT? If I'm paying retail for a new tool
      why would the manufacturer care..as long as I register the tool properly....

If buying from Home Depot is the ONLY criteria for the LSA program why is it Home Depot does not support the product line????

I have been a loyal Ridgid power tool user since around 2005. I never realized the Ridgid line is AEG or FUEGO
      relabeled tools until recently.....can anyone explain this unusual relationship?

At the bottom of this webpage "contact us Ridge tool company" at the top of the web page "RIDGID"
      I know there is a separation between the plumbing line and the power tool line but.....
      This is confusing!

Ridge tool company is the license owner of "Ridgid tools"? and TTI or one technology is the "factory" in China
      that manufactures the orange tools?.....Does that include the AEG and FUEGO tools?

The more I look into this the more confusing it becomes....

Who decides what tools are manufactured? Who designs them? Who determines when to obsolete a tool?
      Who decides when to stop supporting a tool? As an example the R888 18V hand planer.....it's an excellent tool
      But Home Depot never inventoried replacement spiral blades.....Amazon did, E-bay did, M&D mower did etc.
      And today you have obsoleted the blades..any idea as to what we can do with a planer without blades?

Cactus Man
      Great post! I think you would have better luck asking where jimmy hoffa is buried Your frustration is shared by many here and many who own Ridgid tools, and may want to buy a more complete line, or keep up with the ones they own. Ridgid finally came out with the c18volt grinder but it is not advertised or displayed at home depot. They sure have a strange way of doing things, I can't understand it at all.Why make a tool then stop making accessories? Why have a great battery platform but not a complete line of competitive tools?Why not have demonstrations and promotions at home depot every couple of months? I enjoy the Forum but word of mouth, and special requests is a heck of a way to promote sales.

Comment

Working...
      X