Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very unhappy with customer support

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
    Plumber Pucky - 300grain, how do you find the recoil on the Ultra Mag? I shoot my fathers Savage 300wm occasionally and find it kicks quite a bit which is why I'm looking at a 30-06 spg using 180gr for my next gun.

Alphacowboy, I'm actually researching for the purchase of a 30-06 for an upcoming Moose Hunt. The .270 is a great gun but I want something more suited to moose. So far I have it narrowed down to a Savage 116 Weather Warrior or a Tikka T3 Lite SS. I'm leaning more towards the Savage though as it has a better stock, plus I already own Savage Firearms so am familiar with the brand. T3 is smoother on the bolt but I can't find a difference on accuracy up to 500 yards in any review I read. I was considering a Remingtion but I can't stand the Dura-Coating over the synthetic stock, I've read a lot of reviews with complaints of it wearing off and looking like garbage. What do you shoot in 30-06?
    For Caribou in Alaska I have always used a Weatherby 300 mag. For Moose I shoot a Weatherby 338/378 mag. That really has more to do with Bears hanging out in the same heavy cover the Moose like. If you take away the Bears, a 300 Weatherby would be fine. I have a muzzle break on my 338/378 which helps a lot. Still it is not a fun gun to shoot just to shoot. You don't notice it while hunting but you do at the range.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Super, I'll admit, the 30-06 isn't mine, its the wife's. She use to deer hunt with it, but since moving into a non-rifle hunting area, she quit. Now its basicly for target practice and knocking off the occasional coyote.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
        Plumber Punky - 300grain, how do you find the recoil on the Ultra Mag? I shoot my fathers Savage 300wm occasionally and find it kicks quite a bit which is why I'm looking at a 30-06 spg using 180gr for my next gun.
        It's like launching a cannon from your shoulder. Anything more than 3 shots and your aim will be well off, unless you are a heavily built, burly guy. PS - I'm not one of those
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
        X